Buffalo Bills 2019-2020

WildCard

11 hours ago, freester said:

The painful truth is that Josh Allen is no better than Tyrod.  Beane deserves some blame.  He has traded up  4 times with mediocre results(Allen, Ford, Tremaine Edmunds and Knox)  Mcdermott traded up for Zay and Dion Dawkins. 

McDermott also traded the pick used on Mahomes and passed on DeShaun Watson. 

Allen threw that ball to Knox and Knox would have had to make a play roughly 1/10th as tough as the one the Browns TE made on his first catch of the year tonight, for it to be a touchdown. The throw didn't come right that second because, as you can see to his left, the pocket got blown up and he had to get out. FWIW.

And I've seen about 14 years of sports, and I've never seen anything as bad as what Myles Garrett just did in that time frame 

Edited by Randall Flagg

Very refreshing to see such criticism of Josh Allen here! 

Try this at TBD and you'll get your balls cut off.

Ironically, there is a healthy criticism of the Sabres over at TBD lacking here!

Something going on there....

I.E., you have to get rid of the passion for the team before you can get some objective commentary regarding both teams.

1 hour ago, Kruppstahl said:

Very refreshing to see such criticism of Josh Allen here! 

Try this at TBD and you'll get your balls cut off.

Ironically, there is a healthy criticism of the Sabres over at TBD lacking here!

Something going on there....

I.E., you have to get rid of the passion for the team before you can get some objective commentary regarding both teams.

Are you kidding? We have been criticizing and evaluating the Sabres here regularly for years. There's entire threads of content. 

We've questioned Dahlin, defensive deployment, risto, vesey, goaltending, game plans,  Reinhart,  lack of trades etc.. . I don't see anyone here being ra ra about this team. 

Edited by LGR4GM
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

I didn't watch the game. What in the world happened? 

So do you mean what lead up to all of this or have you not seen the clips yet? If you haven’t watched it, go google it because words won’t do it justice. As for the other part, that’s what I really want to know. This whole thing doesn’t just happen randomly. There had to have been some craziness throughout that game. 

1 minute ago, PASabreFan said:

Absolutely. He put himself in a vulnerable position by allowing the Browns player to remove his helmet. You take care of your rifle, soldier, and it'll take care of you!

He was also leading with his head. A NFL player should know better than to engage another player with his helmet. I'm not making this ***** up. This is what they say. 

Just now, triumph_communes said:

Rudolph sitting there trying to rip his helmet off first, he just returned the favor.  Of course the QB gets off scoff-free.  Where's Kaepernick to cry about racism when it's actually warranted?

lol what

The thirst for Rudolph punishment is strange to me.

Had Myles Garrett not committed assault, in a football setting, Myles' late finishing of the tackle and Rudolph's subsequent yanking of the helmet would have earned each of them offsetting unsportsmanlike penalties, and neither of those plays deserves any more scrutiny than that.

Then, Garrett committed assault that would get any of us thrown in jail if we did it on the street. 

I wouldn't care if they also fined Rudolph, but they should do no more than that. People on TBD are asking for 3/4 game suspensions of Rudolph as well - they want what Rudolph did to be the third-longest suspension for an on-field action ever handed out by the NFL. What in the world? 

Was anyone watching who can provide the context of the play?

Seeing the replay of the full thing it was very strange. Only half or so of the players appear to be trying. Some even just standing around. It was a screen play so it may have been somewhat attributed to design, but Garrett was completely untouched on his way to the QB. 

Edited by Lanny

28 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Had Myles Garrett not committed assault, in a football setting, Myles' late finishing of the tackle and Rudolph's subsequent yanking of the helmet would have earned each of them offsetting unsportsmanlike penalties, and neither of those plays deserves any more scrutiny than that.

Then, Garrett committed assault that would get any of us thrown in jail if we did it on the street. 

I wouldn't care if they also fined Rudolph, but they should do no more than that. People on TBD are asking for 3/4 game suspensions of Rudolph as well - they want what Rudolph did to be the third-longest suspension for an on-field action ever handed out by the NFL. What in the world? 

Everyone pushes one way, correctly saying Garrett is at fault, so contrarians and people who feel bad for Garrett push back. Doesn't help that the talking heads stir it all up for ratings

3 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised by a fine.  Just about the only thing I could think of that would cause more than that would be if there was if he threw a random slur at Garrett** and multiple source on field backup that story.

**And I want to be very clear that I'm not suggesting that he did that.  It's just a hypothetical scenario where the league would suspend him as well.  I don't have the slightest clue what went on beyond the scuffle you see in that video.