Jump to content
WildCard

Buffalo Bills 2019-2020

Recommended Posts

Josh Allen is a problem. The OC play-calling is a problem. The fact the team made no adjustments against the run game all 2nd half is a problem. 

They game basically ended when Allen fumbled on his own 20 and gave the Eagles the lead with 30 seconds left in the half. That was the game right there. At no point after that did we look good. Blame the defense if you want but the offense only put up 13 points. They didn't have the ability to keep us in a game where the defense wasn't playing lights out. 

 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Josh Allen is a problem. The OC play-calling is a problem. The fact the team made no adjustments against the run game all 2nd half is a problem. 

They game basically ended when Allen fumbled on his own 20 and gave the Eagles the lead with 30 seconds left in the half. That was the game right there. At no point after that did we look good. Blame the defense if you want but the offense only put up 13 points. They didn't have the ability to keep us in a game where the defense wasn't playing lights out. 

 

Did Allen connect on any of the deep balls he threw yesterday?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Did Allen connect on any of the deep balls he threw yesterday?

Not that I recall. The deepest was his 22yrd toss to Knox (Kroft?) I think. The pass to Foster was okay but Foster didn't come back to the ball because he is a mediocre receiver. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Josh Allen is a problem. The OC play-calling is a problem. The fact the team made no adjustments against the run game all 2nd half is a problem. 

They game basically ended when Allen fumbled on his own 20 and gave the Eagles the lead with 30 seconds left in the half. That was the game right there. At no point after that did we look good. Blame the defense if you want but the offense only put up 13 points. They didn't have the ability to keep us in a game where the defense wasn't playing lights out. 

 

Allen might be a problem, but this game wasn't the 1 to make that evaluation.  Josh isn't the only QB playing in gale force winds for the 1st time to be less than successful.

Kelly's 1st seriously nasty wind game back in '87 knocked the Bills out of the playoff hunt.  13 of 31 for 125 and a pick on a windy and wintry day.  He ended up ok.

 

As disappointing as that loss was, they still have 5 highly winnable games on their schedule.  Plus a game against Pittsburgh which should be a W as well.  Lose the 3 they're supposed to lose and that gets them to 11-5 and going into the 4th best division winner.  They aren't a Super Bowl squad by any stretch, but should be in the playoffs.  With a young team and nearly as much cap space next year as they had this year and they should be pretty good.

Enjoy them beating the teams they should and don't get too frustrated losing to the better teams.  And if they sneak out a win against the Ravens or Cowboys, cool.  That'll make up for an 'oh ####' moment against either Cleveland or Pittsburgh.

  • Thanks (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Broken Ankles said:

They don’t need to win at least 5 games.  They need to win four games for a wildcard birth.   The AFC is not competitive this season.  Assuming Houston/Indy are division and Wildcard #1, who else has an inside track to Buffalo?  Trick question.  Answer is no one.  Today was disappointing but it’s not doom and gloom for the probability of a post season.  

When they need to beat the Jets to get in in week 17 and then don't do it, don't be surprised.

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

 

So, exactly 1 1st or 2nd year QB is in the top 15 and he's only barely there.  Is the issue youth and inexperience or was nearly the entirety of the most hyped QB class in over 30 years really bad? 

Maybe we can wait on calling them all busts for another year and see how they do then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Allen might be a problem, but this game wasn't the 1 to make that evaluation.  Josh isn't the only QB playing in gale force winds for the 1st time to be less than successful.

Kelly's 1st seriously nasty wind game back in '87 knocked the Bills out of the playoff hunt.  13 of 31 for 125 and a pick on a windy and wintry day.  He ended up ok.

 

As disappointing as that loss was, they still have 5 highly winnable games on their schedule.  Plus a game against Pittsburgh which should be a W as well.  Lose the 3 they're supposed to lose and that gets them to 11-5 and going into the 4th best division winner.  They aren't a Super Bowl squad by any stretch, but should be in the playoffs.  With a young team and nearly as much cap space next year as they had this year and they should be pretty good.

Enjoy them beating the teams they should and don't get too frustrated losing to the better teams.  And if they sneak out a win against the Ravens or Cowboys, cool.  That'll make up for an 'oh ####' moment against either Cleveland or Pittsburgh.

What game am I allowed to evaluate him by? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not overly concerned with a loss to the Eagles. The Eagles have been truly mercurial this season -- at times looking like a Super Bowl contender, at others looking like a dumpster fire. The Bills got the former version, IMO. Also, I think the Bills coaching staff got their arses handed to them pretty decisively. It happens.

The Bills D is maybe not as good as had been hoped (hyped). And their O is about as bad as had been feared.

Still, the team can/should make the playoffs. Which would be nice.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

What game am I allowed to evaluate him by? 

Do what you want.  But it seems less than ideal to judge him off the worst weather game he's faced by far and the single game with a 4th quarter outlier of a performance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Do what you want.  But it seems less than ideal to judge him off the worst weather game he's faced by far and the single game with a 4th quarter outlier of a performance.

Okay, well he was bad in the Jets game. He was okay in the Giants game. He was not good at all against the Bengals. Tennessee was meh at best. NE he gave the game away. Miami he almost gave the game away which is shocking. And against the Eagles he was bad. 

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

 

So I was right? Sam Darnold does in fact suck ass?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ubkev said:

So I was right? Sam Darnold does in fact suck ass?

keep in mind that Sam has only 4 games on the season. 2 of them against top defenses. But yes, he seems to be struggling. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bills fans going nutso on TSW.  

 

Bills Bandwagon load just got lighter.  Still a lot of football to be played.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

what happened to our D?

Philly made adjustments.  We didn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's apparent that other teams have seen something in the Bills' D scheme that is susceptible to runs up the middle. Both Miami (!!!) and Philadelphia ran rough shod over the Bills. They'd better get it right ASAP, or the slide will continue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WildCard said:

 

How about rather than getting a RB, they get a 1 technique DT that can actually hold his own against the run?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WildCard said:

 

Sure, he'd be a cool weapon to have, but I don't like it for more than a 3rd and I don't trust them to use him correctly.

2 minutes ago, Taro T said:

How about rather than getting a RB, they get a 1 technique DT that can actually hold his own against the run?

Also this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Taro T said:

How about rather than getting a RB, they get a 1 technique DT that can actually hold his own against the run?

These are not mutually exclusive concepts.  The defense can be kitty cat soft and the offense can need a running back at the same time.  People are throwing shade at the D line. Is Tremaine Edmunds going to make a play in the run game ever or should they just take him off the field until nickel?  The MLB is occasionally supposed to fill a hole.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

These are not mutually exclusive concepts.  The defense can be kitty cat soft and the offense can need a running back at the same time.  People are throwing shade at the D line. Is Tremaine Edmunds going to make a play in the run game ever or should they just take him off the field until nickel?  The MLB is occasionally supposed to fill a hole.

Much like the Dahlin criticism, I feel like throwing shade on Tremaine is almost equally as forbidden. I'm not an analyst or a stats guy. When I watch, he more often than not, seems way out of position. He's got great size and speed but holy smokes make a play at the line of scrimmage. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...