Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
jsb

GDT LV Golden Knights vs Sabres at KB Center 3pm on MSG & NHL Network and WGR550am

Recommended Posts

Just now, SDS said:

To be objective, Boston was finishing well but the Sabres were a mess in their own zone. Guys were standing wide open in front of the net.

Right.  We can't live in the past.  So, I'm wondering about this game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Iron Crotch said:

Vegas is a train wreck defensively in this one.

True but we never used to score anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ... said:

Right.  We can't live in the past.  So, I'm wondering about this game.

I was being sarcastic in support of your point... sorry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RambosKnife said:

Fingers crossed for the jack trick

 

That would be sweet!  Does Jack have a trick in his career yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SDS said:

I was being sarcastic in support of your point... sorry.

Oh I get it!  I'm slow.  Multi-tasking at work.  🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That goal HAS to stay Berglund’s because I said before the game he would score. I’ve liked his game so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, sabills said:

Thompson was close there. Some nice passing to set him up.

This is what I regret not being able to watch.  I think Thompson has a ton of potential we haven't seen in the regular season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ... said:

This is what I regret not being able to watch.  I think Thompson has a ton of potential we haven't seen in the regular season.

I was wrong, it was Berglund. But Tage had some nifty moves earlier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, sabills said:

I was wrong, it was Berglund. But Tage had some nifty moves earlier.

Shhh...don't ruin it for me.  I'm feeling good at the end of the day at work on a Monday.

Edited by ...
  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems like the fans have been giving them a ton of noise and credit the last two games which is exactly what’s needed. I have no problem with the booing in the first game with how bad they were but then you’ve got to give the team noise when they bounce back quickly and give you what you want.

Great start. Need to get back to pressuring them since Vegas dominated the latter portion of that period.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Outshot 14-5 in that period. Shots for is very bad and shots against is still very bad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WildCard said:

Outshot 14-5 in that period. Shots for is very bad and shots against is still very bad. 

Yeah but on the score board it looks good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Outshot 14-5 in that period. Shots for is very bad and shots against is still very bad. 

This is one I’m going to take a look at the scoreboard and feel good about. Vegas had very few good chances. Peppered some shots Hutton handled with ease. Sabres had two very long shifts in their own zone that gave Vegas a good chance to inflate that state in both directions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice to hear the crowd involved - 3 goals in the 2nd, EVEN even better!  

Edited by Jsixspd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hoss said:

This is one I’m going to take a look at the scoreboard and feel good about. Vegas had very few good chances. Peppered some shots Hutton handled with ease. Sabres had two very long shifts in their own zone that gave Vegas a good chance to inflate that state in both directions.

I'm interested in checking the advanced stats later on. I'd like to know which lines/pairs are getting shelled, cause I have a feeling 1 or 2 combinations are dragging the rest down

Still, we should be getting more shots on at least. 5 isn't good no matter how you cut it 

Then again, fck it and enjoy the win

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WildCard said:

I'm interested in checking the advanced stats later on. I'd like to know which lines/pairs are getting shelled, cause I have a feeling 1 or 2 combinations are dragging the rest down

Still, we should be getting more shots on at least. 5 isn't good no matter how you cut it 

Then again, fck it and enjoy the win

There’s still a whole period left (and when we trailed Vegas 4-1 last year we ended up sending the game to OT so it’s definitely not over) but sometimes there’s driving a good time into the ground by overthinking it and taking stats... too literally?

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Scoring chances 12-10 for Vegas overall. That's pretty good. Supports Hoss' idea that Vegas taking bad shots but a lot of them; which is exactly what we did all last year 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...