Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
jsb

GDT LV Golden Knights vs Sabres at KB Center 3pm on MSG & NHL Network and WGR550am

Recommended Posts

Ugh with the 3pm start time. What percent of their audience do they lose just from that alone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

How many games has it been since we have had a winning record? 

The last time we had a winning record was 1-24-2013. We were 2-0 to start the season then lost the next 4 games. We haven't had a winning record since. I believe we are at 375 games and counting. 

  • Thanks (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i am going to do my best to not check the scores because i dont like watching the games when i know the scores for some reason. i use the nhl.tv to watch the games, so i can start the game from the beginning when i get home. i am glad it starts early, but i wish it wasnt 3pm. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, inkman said:

Ugh with the 3pm start time. What percent of their audience do they lose just from that alone. 

It's probably the worst possible time in the season to do it too.  You're trying to hook your audience at this point.  That's pretty tough to do when the team is already questionable, but then you add in a game that many won't be able to watch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RambosKnife said:

Military in Japan have the day off so game time is 4:00 AM.

Where are you located? Just curious as I lived in Tokyo for 7 years on an expat assignment with my company and had various military connections and social experiences.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sakman said:

Where are you located? Just curious as I lived in Tokyo for 7 years on an expat assignment with my company and had various military connections and social experiences.  

In Oki. Pretty laid back island.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, shrader said:

It's probably the worst possible time in the season to do it too.  You're trying to hook your audience at this point.  That's pretty tough to do when the team is already questionable, but then you add in a game that many won't be able to watch.

Is the audience kids off school for Columbus Day perhaps, focus on in-person attendance rather than TV? Just guessing, that seems to strategic and forward looking for Sabres administration. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Leaving the office at 2pm and going to work from home for this one

I'm WFH all day today. I am a little sick, but realizing this was on in the afternoon really made my decision easy...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

jsb if you want you can put this in the opening post

 

Golden Knights projected lineup

Jonathan Marchessault -- William Karlsson -- Reilly Smith

Max Pacioretty -- Paul Stastny -- Erik Haula

Tomas Nosek -- Ryan Carpenter -- Oscar Lindberg

William Carrier -- Pierre-Edouard Bellemare -- Ryan Reaves

Brayden McNabb -- Colin Miller

Shea Theodore -- Deryk Engelland

Jon Merrill -- Nick Holden

Marc-Andre Fleury

Malcolm Subban

Scratched: Brad Hunt, Jake Bischoff

Injured: Alex Tuch (lower body), Cody Eakin (lower body)

Suspended: Nate Schmidt

 

Sabres projected lineup

Conor Sheary -- Jack Eichel -- Sam Reinhart

Jeff Skinner - Patrik Berglund -- Kyle Okposo

Zemgus Girgensons -- Casey Mittelstadt -- Tage Thompson

Remi Elie -- Evan Rodrigues -- Jason Pominville

Marco Scandella -- Rasmus Ristolainen

Jake McCabe -- Rasmus Dahlin

Nathan Beaulieu -- Casey Nelson

Carter Hutton

Linus Ullmark

Scratched: Matt Tennyson

Injured: Vladimir Sobotka (upper body), Scott Wilson (ankle), Johan Larsson (lower body), Sean Malone(knee), Zach Bogosian (lower body), Matt Hunwick (neck)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RambosKnife said:

In Oki. Pretty laid back island.

Gotcha - never got there, always wanted to go. I still go to Asia frequently so maybe someday. Would like to see that massive aquarium with the whale sharks in it. 

Thank you for your service!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sakman said:

Is the audience kids off school for Columbus Day perhaps, focus on in-person attendance rather than TV? Just guessing, that seems to strategic and forward looking for Sabres administration. 

Boston has done it for years, so I bet Jacobs pitched the idea to Terry at some point.  I'd be curious to see* how much of a spike they might get at the gate from it.  The parents still need to be off too.

*Not that I'll actually see it, seeing as how I have to work.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, inkman said:

Ugh with the 3pm start time. What percent of their audience do they lose just from that alone. 

 

12 minutes ago, shrader said:

It's probably the worst possible time in the season to do it too.  You're trying to hook your audience at this point.  That's pretty tough to do when the team is already questionable, but then you add in a game that many won't be able to watch.

It's perfect.  

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Sakman said:

Gotcha - never got there, always wanted to go. I still go to Asia frequently so maybe someday. Would like to see that massive aquarium with the whale sharks in it. 

Thank you for your service!

You’re welcome, thank you. The aquarium is huge. It’s something to see when you walk through the glass tunnel. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Canadian Thanksgiving so 12 pm start time is perfect. This'll be a good test. Hopefully our tender doesn't have to win this one for us. 

GO SABRES !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bob_sauve28 said:

How many games has it been since we have had a winning record? 

If into the Sabres standings recordings you go, only pain will you find.

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, inkman said:

Ugh with the 3pm start time. What percent of their audience do they lose just from that alone. 

It absolutely happens every year, usually at 1. The west coast team in opposition explains the later start. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Sabel79 said:

It absolutely happens every year, usually at 1. The west coast team in opposition explains the later start. 

I love it at 3.  Gives me a chance to get a lot of stuff done before the game.

Also, Nevada will be happy to learn that it has a coast now.

  • Haha (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...