Minnesota over cap

sweetlou

With Minnesota signing Dumba and Zucker they are now over the cap.  Is there anyone Buffalo should look at trading for that could help this team?  

This would have to be a trade of NHL players and possible picks.

Would you take Foligno back,  how about Charlie Coyle?

I'd offer Minnesota Girgensons, Baptiste, and a 3rd rd pick for Coyle and Foligno.

6 hours ago, sweetlou said:

With Minnesota signing Dumba and Zucker they are now over the cap.  Is there anyone Buffalo should look at trading for that could help this team?  

This would have to be a trade of NHL players and possible picks.

Would you take Foligno back,  how about Charlie Coyle?

I'd offer Minnesota Girgensons, Baptiste, and a 3rd rd pick for Coyle and Foligno.

I know we have a history of coming out on top of Minnesota trades, but this would be a steal.

1 hour ago, Weave said:

There has to be 30 vultures circling right now.

Except they aren't over the cap. I chuckle everytime a thread like this is started. That other team, with all those good players is gonna be in trouble, how are the Sabres gonna benefit. So far we took on Pominville from these very same Wild. How's that working out? Outside of the miracles that led to the NYI getting Leddy and Boychuk, how often do teams reap the sweet rewards of another teams cap mismanagement? More often than not, it's some garbage trade including a cap dump. 

1 hour ago, inkman said:

Except they aren't over the cap. I chuckle everytime a thread like this is started. That other team, with all those good players is gonna be in trouble, how are the Sabres gonna benefit. So far we took on Pominville from these very same Wild. How's that working out? Outside of the miracles that led to the NYI getting Leddy and Boychuk, how often do teams reap the sweet rewards of another teams cap mismanagement? More often than not, it's some garbage trade including a cap dump. 

Point of order: we got Scandella, and that's working out quite well. Sure Pominville is terrible, but he'll be gone. That was a great trade for us. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Point of order: we got Scandella, and that's working out quite well. Sure Pominville is terrible, but he'll be gone. That was a great trade for us. 

Definitely. Particularly since we sent them Ennis in the deal whose cap hit was nearly as bad as Pominville's ($4.6 vs $5.6 or something close to that for the exact same term).

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.