Eichel switching to #9 (OFFICIAL)

Hoss

Eichel changes to 9  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Which number do you prefer for Eichel?

22 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Speaking on the WC jersey's.  I think that they rock.  Was there ever any discussion about making them permanent?  With royal blue the home jerseys of course.

I think the working theory is that the WC's from last season will eventually be unveiled as the new white jersey for the team, and that that template will be used to do the new blue jersey.  It'd be the really simple way to go and they already know the fans love that WC jersey, so why not?  And, if you're smart, you unveil a gold alternate (for their 50th "golden" anniversary) that also uses the same template.

Unfortunately, the Sabres have never done the easy or smart thing since they started messing with their look in 1996 so it's entirely possible they go completely wonky next season and do all sorts of weird stuff that isn't what people want.  Maybe a 50/50 shot of that.

2 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

Keep waiting, rumor has it (from the guy with the ROR trade call) that they're going to royal blue for the 50th season.

So would that be next season then, '19/'20? Cause technically that'll be their 50th season played. 

Also, isn't there a not-so-minimal chance that Eichs is getting the "C" this year? People should almost certainly wait for that. 

Anyways, I love the change. 9 just looks...right. And I'm someone who liked the 15. 

1 hour ago, rekim said:

read on sabres site they will credit 49 dollars if you have a 15 jersey. i have a 15, and i will just keep it.honestly i really dont care. wish i had a 39 jersey instead. i always wanted one of them

For the record, you still keep the jersey when you get the $49 credit. They aren't taking the old ones but are just verifying that you own one.

1 hour ago, Robviously said:

I think the working theory is that the WC's from last season will eventually be unveiled as the new white jersey for the team, and that that template will be used to do the new blue jersey.  It'd be the really simple way to go and they already know the fans love that WC jersey, so why not?  And, if you're smart, you unveil a gold alternate (for their 50th "golden" anniversary) that also uses the same template.

Unfortunately, the Sabres have never done the easy or smart thing since they started messing with their look in 1996 so it's entirely possible they go completely wonky next season and do all sorts of weird stuff that isn't what people want.  Maybe a 50/50 shot of that.

I don't think that's an accurate theory. It appears they were a one-off and likely will never be worn again.

Fans LOVED them but they won't be worn this coming season, and I doubt they'd kill them off just to bring them back when they can sell two completely different jerseys later on.

1 minute ago, darksabre said:

What's to stop people from using one jersey and just passing it around so all their friends can get the discount? The honor system?

They probably buy them for $3. This is just a limited time good will gesture. They’re still doing alright. 

9 minutes ago, darksabre said:

What's to stop people from using one jersey and just passing it around so all their friends can get the discount? The honor system?

They red sharpie a big checkmark on the back of the Eichel nameplate. 

24 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I mentioned this earlier. I would just offer people the use of the jersey for like $10 a pop.

(or free if they're my friend)

Edited by Hoss

57 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Man, I don’t know.. both of my Eichel jerseys are white. I have some friends that i wouldn’t trust with a white jersey ?

Just now, That Aud Smell said:

I loved this topic, until it evolved (devolved?) into perseveration over jerseys owned.

I own an Ennis 40th anniversary third, a Reinhart home 23 (with silver piping) and a blank WC from last year. I had many more but, turns out, homes made of wood are highly flammable.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hoss said:

For the record, you still keep the jersey when you get the $49 credit. They aren't taking the old ones but are just verifying that you own one.

I don't think that's an accurate theory. It appears they were a one-off and likely will never be worn again.

Fans LOVED them but they won't be worn this coming season, and I doubt they'd kill them off just to bring them back when they can sell two completely different jerseys later on.

Wait, you just have to go to the store with a #15, they give you $49 to spend in the store, and you get to keep the #15? Is this real life?

1 minute ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Wait, you just have to go to the store with a #15, they give you $49 to spend in the store, and you get to keep the #15? Is this real life?

I think they only give you $49 towards a new Eichel sweater.  Which is a 20% savings or so, big whoop.

Edited by pi2000

1 minute ago, TrueBlueGED said:

You have to spend the $49 towards an adult Eichel #9 jersey

Just now, TrueBlueGED said:

Ah, that makes considerably more sense. It's still a good gesture, but I'm not about to make somebody use mine to get me a new hoodie now.

I do wonder how long that offer is good for... might not make it back there this coming season.  

3 hours ago, Thorny said:

So would that be next season then, '19/'20? Cause technically that'll be their 50th season played.

Also, isn't there a not-so-minimal chance that Eichs is getting the "C" this year? People should almost certainly wait for that. 

Anyways, I love the change. 9 just looks...right. And I'm someone who liked the 15. 

Um, what was their record in '04-'05 again? Keep forgetting how that one turned out.  :p

6 hours ago, sabills said:

A quick and not so great attempt

eichel 9.PNG

Hey SA or anyone out there who is good with coloring software.  Care to try give us a look at what the WC uni would look like in royal blue and another in gold?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.