Official Trade Tracker Summer 2018

Brawndo

Apparently Florida wanted him but didnt want to give up roster players which is what Ottawa asked for. They spoke to SJ last night who were talking deal with the Sens and worked out the second deal to get him through SJ for picks.

Going to be interesting to see what happens. If Hoffman ditches the fiance, could be a huge steal for the Panthers, if not, they better hope she is too distracted by the beaches to spend time around the rink, something that wasn't going to happen in Ottawa.

As for the prospect SJ sent to the Sens, I dont think it's a huge loss, he was ranked their 7th best, and as a franchise they rank 2nd last so I dont think he is a highly ranked guy.....

According to @CraigCustance's source, Dorion was instructed not to make a move within his own division. Hoffman winds up there anyways. Good lord.

From the 6th Sens

If his OL really said what is reported and Mark is sticking by her, I'm sure more thab a few Sens will be thrilled to reacquaint themselves with Mark's face.

Btw the Sharks have been listed as one of the teams that would heavily pursue Tavares, and their trades today have freed up a good chunk of cap space for them. Take that fwiw

(Nervously looks around for Flagg)

Dreger said earlier they are all in on Tavares during a radio spot earlier today.

(Ducks back out of thread)

Sharks used this as a tool to gain picks and space.  Smart GM play by Wilson.

Hoffman right now is a hot potato.  Read an article in the FLA news paper that Tallon spoke with Panther players, Chris Pronger and Bryan McCabe (advisers and players development) about the move and they all signed off on it.  Tallon also spoke in length with Hoffman.  They must feel comfortable with the whole thing and honestly his Fiancee at this point has an extremely short leash.

That is if she is still around after the investigation is over.

Edited by dejeanerret

Maybe Botterill should trade with Bergy

They want ROR, Sabres want 3rd overall so talking continues.

So far JBot's trading skills are in question. Not much for Kane, likely nothing for Lehner (tough sell I know), and after shopping him around, if ROR is still a Sabre in October has to be viewed as a fail so far in that area. I just think that if fixing the locker room is the priority, and he has been singled out (right or wrong) as possibly one of the problems then a deal of some sort has to be made before camp. 

San Jose sure looks poised to sign Tavares.......

I am perfectly content today just drafting Dahlin. If someone is offering Pacioretty and 2 seconds for ROR, just keep ROR. There is no reason we have to trade him. The power in any relationship lies with whoever cares least. We don't need to trade him but other teams (Montreal) need to acquire him. We get to set the price and not move from it. 

They want ROR, Sabres want 3rd overall so talking continues.

So far JBot's trading skills are in question. Not much for Kane, likely nothing for Lehner (tough sell I know), and after shopping him around, if ROR is still a Sabre in October has to be viewed as a fail so far in that area. I just think that if fixing the locker room is the priority, and he has been singled out (right or wrong) as possibly one of the problems then a deal of some sort has to be made before camp. 

San Jose sure looks poised to sign Tavares.......

WHY?  All this "ROR is the locker room problem" talk is pure speculation.  If you really believe the bolded is true, you don't have a clue.

The acquiring team has to give him 7.5 million fewer dollars in a week than if they get him today.

ROR's real dollars are then 5 years 25 mil. A team like Carolina would kill for that

I'll say it again: Botterill has made third overall (and likely Tkachuk) his Plan A.

He has had solid conversations (and perhaps offers) from Don Waddell, Doug Armstrong, Paul Fenton and Ron Hextall.

If Bergevin steps up to the podium at number 3, he's out He ain't getting O'Reilly, end of story.

He has another 10 or so hours. If he blinks JBot wins.

If he doesn't JBot hasn't lost anything.

I really like the way our rookie GM appears to be handling this.

Edited by dudacek

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.