Around the NHL 2018-2019

WildCard

20 minutes ago, Weave said:

I'm not sure we've got alot on LA right now.

We have an extra $15 million in cap space, Jack Eichel and Rasmus Dahlin. Every Kings significant Kings player has a big ticket and is past, or well-past his prime.

Coaches want to win.

Edited by dudacek

On 4/5/2019 at 12:28 AM, SDS said:

Hey everyone! You all stopped talking about me and my trolling so I thought I would bring it up again so we could get back to talking about it again. 

I’m wearing Hurricane jaaaaaammmmmiiiiies!

I love you too, sweetheart. 

Source says Quenneville's deal in Florida worth north of $30 million over five years depending on bonuses. So $6 million plus a year. He was making $6 million a year in Chicago in his old deal. Tells you how aggressive/committed the Panthers are at making this off-season count.

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:
Source says Quenneville's deal in Florida worth north of $30 million over five years depending on bonuses. So $6 million plus a year. He was making $6 million a year in Chicago in his old deal. Tells you how aggressive/committed the Panthers are at making this off-season count.

More per year than everyone on the team except Ekblad and Yandle.

5 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Although his salary is less, Roberto Luongos Cap hit is still in “stupid” territory ?

I'd say it's even more crazy that they willingly traded for that contract, but once he retires this offseason, the majority of the cap recapture hits Vancouver instead.  It gets a bit more ugly for them if he does decide to come back next year.  And he's now at the point where he'll be paid right around $1 million each season (1.6 this year, 1.0 the next two), so he doesn't have all that much incentive* left to stick around.

*I hate the fact that I'm saying a million bucks isn't incentive to do anything.  I'll take over his contract and accept assignment to the ECHL in his place for three years.  I've never worn goalie pads, but I'm willing to try.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, LGR4GM said:

Wild just fired their analytics guy, the analytics community thinks this was a criminal mistake. Basically we should hire him today. 

Name is Andrew C Thomas

Meh. If you're not going to use the stuff (and all indications are Fenton didn't), it's a waste of payroll. 

5 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Wild just fired their analytics guy, the analytics community thinks this was a criminal mistake. Basically we should hire him today. 

Name is Andrew C Thomas

https://twitter.com/ByScottCullen/status/1115371390511620097?s=19

Was he the guy from WarOnIce? Last I heard that's where they went

"The Wild opting to move on from Andrew Thomas is both an awful move on their part and a potential gold mine for whatever team manages to woo him best. Finding someone who is both as genuinely personable as he is AND as good at the analytic side is like finding a unicorn."

https://twitter.com/catmsilverman/status/1115373714588049408?s=19

30 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Dale Tallon just said Florida loses about $30M/year and yet they want to spend to the cap, hired Q, and are building a brand new practice arena

Credit to that owner

When the shiny new toy syndrome wears off halfway thru the season, and Q looks up in the stands in February in Miami and sees more red seats than fans, and half of those fans are for the opposing team ... he’s gonna regret his decision.

And no I’m not talking about him regretting his paychecks.

On 4/10/2019 at 9:05 PM, WildCard said:

More fun facts:

Heiskanen became the 3rd teenager ever to log 1800m on ice in the NHL. Tyler Myers and Drew Doughty being the other two

Dahlin had 1735m

Dahlin will be 4th when he hits 1800 min next year.