We won the Dahlin Lottery now can we win the Kovalchuck Lottery also?

GoPuckYourself

I think he'd be a great fit, I doubt he goes to the worst place team but if he sees potential to be the "missing piece", I doubt he's coming back just for the money, he was making bank in Russia so who knows, at 35 he'd still be our best winger by quite a large margin, I've been watching him over in the KHL, he's still quick, top scorer there and that piece on , the barstool column was complete trash, who reads that ? Anyways I was just seeing what the consensus would be.

How much do we think anyone even offers Kovy? A smattering of one year deals at $2-3mil?

With his history of being a flight risk, anyone would be crazy to give him more than one year.  He can leave at any point and stick the team with the cap hit.

I think he'd be a great fit, I doubt he goes to the worst place team but if he sees potential to be the "missing piece", I doubt he's coming back just for the money, he was making bank in Russia so who knows, at 35 he'd still be our best winger by quite a large margin, I've been watching him over in the KHL, he's still quick, top scorer there and that piece on , the barstool column was complete trash, who reads that ######? Anyways I was just seeing what the consensus would be.

If the consensus agrees with you then I'm way out of the loop. Would not want him near our young players.

You mean the guy with the 'A' for the expansion team in the Cup Finals? 

Yes, there have been questions about his character and locker room presence since he was in Pittsburgh. I'm not surprised that in a strong room that is collectively pulling with a guy like Gallant at the helm, it wasn't a problem, but that's not what we have, in fact, it's a thing that we're explicitly trying to fix

Also, I'm not opposed to Neal outright, I'm just not opposed to Kovalchuk outright either, and wanted to point out that one is as much of a "locker room issue" as the other IMO. 

This discussion came up with Darren Dreger this AM. Kovalchuk is looking to be on a Stanley Cup Contender on the same type of deal that Patrick Marleau got, that pretty much eliminates the Sabres.

If we're out on Kovalchuk for locker-room issues, then we shouldn't bother with James Neal as well.

The idea that per Dreger he is looking for a seven year six million AAV Deal is the reason not to bother.

This discussion came up with Darren Dreger this AM. Kovalchuk is looking to be on a Stanley Cup Contender on the same type of deal that Patrick Marleau got, that pretty much eliminates the Sabres.

The idea that per Dreger he is looking for a seven year six million AAV Deal is the reason not to bother.

Didn't Marleau only get a 3 year deal?

Yes, there have been questions about his character and locker room presence since he was in Pittsburgh. I'm not surprised that in a strong room that is collectively pulling with a guy like Gallant at the helm, it wasn't a problem, but that's not what we have, in fact, it's a thing that we're explicitly trying to fix

Also, I'm not opposed to Neal outright, I'm just not opposed to Kovalchuk outright either, and wanted to point out that one is as much of a "locker room issue" as the other IMO.

Or maybe bad locker room guys isn’t nearly the real thing we think it is. It may be nothing more than a couple guys that didn’t get along.

He'd be a good fit in ANA or WPG or NSH or TBL.   

WPG definitely has the cap space.    

TBL and ANA would be a stretch cap wise.

NSH could fit him in after they trade Rinne to BUF :)

He'd be a good fit in ANA or WPG or NSH or TBL.   

WPG definitely has the cap space.    

TBL and ANA would be a stretch cap wise.

NSH could fit him in after they trade Rinne to BUF :)

Or Dallas (Radulov)

I’m right there with you Wild

:beer:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.