Evander Kane did very well in his 1st playoff game

gilbert11

You guys killing me, I was a PA first, honestly, if I stayed in the ER when I continued ahead, it's true the PAs and NPs do the same thing as the docs, it's sad, and unfair. Sooooo I can celebrate both ;)

Now what hehe

What the hell were you thinking going back and running up all that medical school debt?

Actually I can celebrate two as well :lol:

Edited by Brawndo

You guys killing me, I was a PA first, honestly, if I stayed in the ER when I continued ahead, it's true the PAs and NPs do the same thing as the docs, it's sad, and unfair. Sooooo I can celebrate both ;)

Now what hehe

Sorry, but round here there's only ONE PA, and you ain't he. :p

(Yes, you were referring to the "other" PA, but that shorthand don't fly 'round these parts. ;))

Wow Wyld. call me impressed... I am to old to do that but it crossed my mind. Went from a political to a photographer to an xray tech... no money in photography but thought about becoming a radiologists... just didnt want to sit at a computer screen all day. Many ER docs, the good ones check their patients first then do orders and check tests but others dont and I am always incredulous... not in a good way.

Wow Wyld. call me impressed... I am to old to do that but it crossed my mind. Went from a political to a photographer to an xray tech... no money in photography but thought about becoming a radiologists... just didnt want to sit at a computer screen all day. Many ER docs, the good ones check their patients first then do orders and check tests but others dont and I am always incredulous... not in a good way.

I know it's a bit off topic, but I have been covering ER a bit more, trying to break up the monotony. And they shove metrics at us, too much, and I find myself guilty of looking at the triage note and putting orders in, but usually I get to the patient and communicate any changes with CT/xray before it becomes an issue, plus I do trust our nurses.

But anyway, Kane will sign with SJ

Almost like trading him was smart.

I will never regret trading him. I'm shocked that he went to another team where he not only got hurt, with the same exact injuries he's had before, but one where he also finally got a chance to win in a fun city and he still wants to see where he can get the most money.

Some team will pay him $6-7M. Some team will watch him play 65g a year and think every year he can pull it together, and some team will never have success with Evander Kane

I would not even bring him back for 5 million per. The Sabres need to put together the RIGHT team and no way is he a part of that the way I see it.

Same

San Jose is going to sign him to a long term deal and they're going to regret it in about two years when his body starts breaking down.

I hope they do. And it makes sense. They're reaching the end of their rope with that core, they might wanna take one last shot at it, the future be damned

Playing on a contending team is one of Kane’s priorities when it comes to making a decision about his future.

“At the end of the day, from what I’ve been told and common sense tells you, there are three priorities that you look for as a player: money, chance to win and lifestyle. Those are the three priorities, and it just depends on how you rank them.”

And how does he rank them?

“Hold on, do you guys have your notepads out? I’ll tell you the exact details,” Kane joked. “You want all three.”

One of those potential contracts Wilson is referring to is a Kane extension. After posting nine goals and 14 points in 17 games down the stretch with the Sharks, and showcasing his blend of speed, skill, tenacity and toughness, there’s no doubt that Kane will be looking to get paid this offseason. At 26, Kane is in the prime of his career and his next contract, wherever it may be, will be long and lucrative. A logical starting point may be six years for $6 million a year, or more.

Wilson and coach Pete DeBoer praised Kane’s performance on the ice, and, perhaps just as importantly considering some of his past transgressions, the way he handled himself off the ice, too.

“Where the game is at — speed, we like to forecheck — I think he’s a difference-maker,” Wilson said. “He came in here, and I talk about our leadership and our culture, I think he really appreciated that (and) we appreciated him. I think it was a good fit for him. It was a good fit for us. … I’ll sit down with him and his agent (in) the next little while.”

DeBoer said he would welcome Kane back “with open arms. He added a big dimension to our team when he was here. … When you’re around a guy for two-three months and kind of in the trenches with him, both in good times and in tough times, you get to learn more about people. He is exactly what I thought he was, which is great.”

Kane, like Wilson, indicated that there haven’t been any real talks yet about a contract extension. It might make the most sense for Kane, who likely increased his value with the way he played and handled himself with the Sharks, to wait and see which and how many teams might be interested in his services when the window opens in late June for him to speak with other organizations.

“This is the first time I’ve ever had that opportunity,” Kane said. “I’m kind of learning just like everybody else does when they go through it the first time. I’m going to take some time to maybe not think about it, and figure out what those priorities are, and go from there. We have a month-and-a-half before July 1. I’m sure there will be a lot of conversations.”

Kane got to experience the Stanley Cup playoffs for the first time in his nine-year career, playing through a separated shoulder that he originally hurt on March 31 and an MCL injury shortly after his arrival. He wasn’t much of a factor in the second-round series with the Golden Knights, posting just one goal in five games, but he was plainly not at full health.

Playing on a contending team is one of Kane’s priorities when it comes to making a decision about his future.

“At the end of the day, from what I’ve been told and common sense tells you, there are three priorities that you look for as a player: money, chance to win and lifestyle,” Kane said. “Those are the three priorities, and it just depends on how you rank them.”

And how does he rank them?

“Hold on, do you guys have your notepads out? I’ll tell you the exact details,” Kane joked. “You want all three.”

The Sharks have the salary-cap space, are in a good position to contend for the next several years, and play under the warm California sunshine. Perhaps that combination will be enough to keep Kane in the fold.

I don't mean hypothetically, I mean he was and big reason the team had problems. Kane was a major contributor to the younger team members' poor attitude. Partying was a priority.

Right. I'm saying he was definitely a problem. I guess I should qualify it with "per a source".

He also isn't/wasn't the only one.

Juicyyyyyyyyyy

Do you have/are you allowed to give any more details than that?

Kane was involving Jack and Sam in his extra curricular activities

Sam and Jack weren't really doing themselves any favors, at least not initially.

Risto.

I didn't hear anything on Risto.

Are we sure that the maturity is going to happen? Has it started already?

I mean, Kane is pretty old and if he was a part of it then how do we know Jack & Sam will grow out? And were Risto's problems the same problems?

I think they're already growing out of it. Jack was a more mature player this year. Sam figured it out as the season went on.

Risto is a work ethic issue. He doesn't like to be coached. I'm not sure if that's correctable and explains why his game hasn't continued to develop. He's the same, but he could be better.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.