GDT Sabres at Capitals 2/24/18 7 PM MSG, GR

Brawndo

Watching slightly delayed. On his PP goal, how the #### do they forget he's on the ice? He's the best goal scorer in the league & he's left completely wide open to walk in & tee it up.

He's prolific from the left circle, it's actually a thing of beauty, everyone knows his spot but nobody can stop it

Someone post a video of the goal pls

Ovie really is having an amazing bounce-back season. Hope he hits 50. Definitely one of the greatest goal scorers ever.

Word.

I have a special needs child and had ###### on my hands three different times today while changing a diaper.

This game stunk worse,... by a lot.

:lol:

Watching slightly delayed. On his PP goal, how the #### do they forget he's on the ice? He's the best goal scorer in the league & he's left completely wide open to walk in & tee it up.

It seems most teams "forget" he's on the ice on a powerplay.  That's what truly elite players do.  That is what makes Ovi, Ovi.

It seems most teams "forget" he's on the ice on a powerplay.  That's what truly elite players do.  That is what makes Ovi, Ovi.

No. Watch that one again. He didn't have the typical 4'-10' of open ice typically found on those PP 1 timers where he has to send a 1 timer to get it through to the net. He had at LEAST 20' of open ice around him in every direction. It was about as automatic as the 4th goal was.

Imagine 65 goal 110 point Ovie with this supporting cast, defense, and goaltending?

Look at the defenses they iced when he was the best player in the world for that 3 year stretch. I wouldn't trade Beaulieu for, like, any of those guys. It's a shame.

And when he was the best player in the world, Crosby was winning a cup and making finals.

So interesting.

Crosby became the best in the world shortly after. Aided by confidence from early career success.

Edited by Thorny

And when he was the best player in the world, Crosby was winning a cup and making finals.

So interesting.

Crosby became the best in the world shortly after. Aided by confidence from early career success.

There was that brief overlap where the rivalry was insane. I wish that could have lasted a little longer. Ovie cooled off a bit right as Sid's injury troubles started and since then, aside from maybe the lockout season (i don't remember how Crosby looked then) it's been Sid clearly. 

I just wish Ovie had had a real team during that 07-10 area.

Guys not ready to play tonight. Letting the Caps skate free. Not closing on the skater, not competing. It’s a dead team.

Considering several other posters repeated themselves, please pardon the repetition:

REALLY looking forward to driving over an hour to watch Johnson get lit up like a Christmas tree tomorrow.  <_< <_<

I'm amazed at how much that happens. I swear 20-25 goals of his per year are from that EXACT spot on the ice in the same situation...how do teams at least not LEAN toward him when they know exactly where he will be once the puck get set up in the Offensive zone? 

There was that brief overlap where the rivalry was insane. I wish that could have lasted a little longer. Ovie cooled off a bit right as Sid's injury troubles started and since then, aside from maybe the lockout season (i don't remember how Crosby looked then) it's been Sid clearly.

Ovie was far and away my favorite player to watch during that run. I couldn't believe a hockey player like him actually existed.

Yup.

There was a while there where it looked like injuries may derail Sid, too. An impressive bounce back health wise to be sure.

Ovechkin is probably my favorite non-Sabre NHLer. I would have loved to see him in the Blue & Gold in his prime.

He's 32 and has three years left on his deal. Imagine if the Sabres are a contender in a few years and bring him in as a rental. And I think he'll still be effective after his current deal is done. I'd take a shot at him as an FA if his play doesn't completely fall off a cliff. It would be fun.

He's 32 and has three years left on his deal. Imagine if the Sabres are a contender in a few years and bring him in as a rental. And I think he'll still be effective after his current deal is done. I'd take a shot at him as an FA if his play doesn't completely fall off a cliff. It would be fun.

It moved.

Eichel and Ovechkin on the powerplay together...

You just desperately want to validate all the times you've posted that picture of him in the Sabres jacket :P 

You just desperately want to validate all the times you've posted that picture of him in the Sabres jacket :P

I've actually never posted that photo!

But I do really like it. And I believe in the power of things like that imprinting on a child in a tangible way.

I really do think that he would want to come here if winning was in play.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.