Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

14 minutes ago, JujuFish said:

Everywhere I see says the Bills pick tenth. Where is everyone seeing 9th?

Apparently the league (or somebody supposedly in the know) put out an incorrect list of the top 10 earlier in the night.  It seems that earlier info has been corrected and Buffalo picks 9.

The Bills pick ninth or tenth depending on a coin flip. It's based on record and tie-breakers are based on whoever has the WEAKER strength of schedule. The Broncos and Bills opponents have the exact same record once a winner is decided in tonight's game (that will add a win and a loss to the Bills opponents' records).

3 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Apparently the league (or somebody supposedly in the know) put out an incorrect list of the top 10 earlier in the night.  It seems that earlier info has been corrected and Buffalo picks 9.

The first tiebreaker is strength of schedule, and Buffalo sits behind Denver and Detroit and above Cincinnati. I don't know about the list you're talking about, but literally everywhere I've looked agrees with the strength of schedule tiebreaker for the 6-10 teams.

1 minute ago, Hoss said:

The Bills pick ninth or tenth depending on a coin flip. It's based on record and tie-breakers are based on whoever has the WEAKER strength of schedule. The Broncos and Bills opponents have the exact same record once a winner is decided in tonight's game (that will add a win and a loss to the Bills opponents' records).

Ah, thanks. There's still a game going on...

7 minutes ago, JujuFish said:

The first tiebreaker is strength of schedule, and Buffalo sits behind Denver and Detroit and above Cincinnati. I don't know about the list you're talking about, but literally everywhere I've looked agrees with the strength of schedule tiebreaker for the 6-10 teams.

Buffalo & Denver have the same strength of schedule.  Once they get to the 4th tie breaker, strength of victory, Buffalo gets the 9th pick & Denver 10th.  Per Virgil over on SDS's other board.

Just now, Taro T said:

Buffalo & Denver have the same strength of schedule.  Once they get to the 4th tie breaker, strength of victory, Buffalo gets the 9th pick & Denver 10th.  Per Virgil over on SDS's other board.

Strength of victory is not a tiebreaker. It's SOS, then division record, then conference record, then coin flip.

8 minutes ago, JujuFish said:

Strength of victory is not a tiebreaker. It's SOS, then division record, then conference record, then coin flip.

That is not what they're saying in the pinned thread at the top of the other board.  Take it up w/ Buscalia who apparently was Virgil's source.

Just now, Taro T said:

That is not what they're saying in the pinned thread at the top of the other board.  Take it up w/ Buscalia who apparently was Virgil's source.

You can read it here yourself:  https://operations.nfl.com/the-players/the-nfl-draft/the-rules-of-the-draft/

Specifically this bit:

In situations where teams finished the previous season with identical records, the determination of draft position is decided by strength of schedule — the aggregate winning percentage of a team’s opponents. The team that played the schedule with the lowest winning percentage will be awarded the higher pick.

If the teams have the same strength of schedule, division or conference tiebreakers are applied. If the divisional or conference tiebreakers are not applicable, ties will be broken by a coin flip.

14 minutes ago, JujuFish said:

You can read it here yourself:  https://operations.nfl.com/the-players/the-nfl-draft/the-rules-of-the-draft/

Specifically this bit:

"Divisional or conference tiebreaker" doesn't mean divisional or conference record. It means the tiebreakers used to determine the divisional or conference standings for the playoffs, which eventually comes down to strength of victory.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, sodbuster said:

"Divisional or conference tiebreaker" doesn't mean divisional or conference record. It means the tiebreakers used to determine the divisional or conference standings for the playoffs, which eventually comes down to strength of victory.

That makes a lot of sense.  I know 1 spot in the draft doesn't mean much, but it still makes me feel a little better, haha.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.