Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

14 minutes ago, JJFIVEOH said:

Well, either I put too much emphasis on mentoring........... or you don't put enough. I'm just not comfortable with a QB core with absolutely no experience leading this team. 

With those guys, at least they'll have a chance to win a few games and make this season half entertaining, all while teaching the younger guys. The way it sits now, the season is already done. 

Who were the mentors for:

Cam Newton, Russell Wilson, Matt Ryan, Drew Brees, Carson Wentz, Jared Goff, Kirk Cousins, Matt Stafford.

One or two of these might have legitimate desirable answers but none meaningful that I can recall.

20 hours ago, Hoss said:

Statistically, Kaepernick was an above-average starter on a brutal team his final season. Your anger seems to be coming from a place other than actual evaluation.

Hoss, thank you for exposing this outrage!

I’m a neophyte to the ways of the tribunal.  After you help me find the anger you’re referring to, will you help me find the place it’s coming from?  I find the manufactured realities of others vexing.  I’ll learn.

As best I can see, we now need to be two steps from reality.  First, we manufactured the event and then we manufacture the obscene motive.  Am I following?

”He said nothing for me to get upset about so I’ll pretend he did and then I’ll make an accusation.”   Track record and unimpeachable character be damned, of course.  Together we will expose the perpetrators!

Of course, it is simple to label someone unflatteringly when they don’t share your opinion.  That’s the genius.   The method may be small, despicable and lazy, but it’s simple.  Sure beats assembling evidence and making an argument.

Edited by Neo

8 hours ago, nfreeman said:

WTF?

2 accusations of racism in 1 day?

Knock it TF off.

It wasn’t an accusation about race. I’ve met Flagg. I know that’s not where he’s coming from. A lot of legitimate supporters of Kap are vehement deniers of his ability purely because of the exhaustion they get from his supporters.

There seems to be an overcompensation going on. His supporters (for the most part) don’t think he’s great but they’ve got to be so consistent and obnoxious in their support because there ARE people who hate him purely based on race and fake patriotism. So it makes it seem like they’re claiming he’s still a star. He’s not. But he also not as terrible as Flagg says. He’s a backup who can start in a pinch and change up your offense in some packages. He’s got a huge arm and is pretty inaccurate. Randall seemed to be seething a bit.

My apologies for not being clearer. I believe Flagg may have gotten caught up in the hoopla over Kap’s actual ability vs what the impression his supporters give is.

As far as Huckleberry; sorry if you’re too afraid to handle actual racism on the board you moderate and would rather tackle the person pointing it out.

1 hour ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Uh, some of the stuff Huckleberry said was racist. 

Yup. I just went back into the thread to see it took zero time to get to the “black friends” excuse. My lord.

Edited by Hoss

3 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

The Name Rule for NFL QBs decrees that Nathan Peterman can never be a decent player at the position. Josh Allen is borderline, imo.

Lmao I’m glad I’m not alone in thinking about this. I can’t get a real feel on Josh Allen’s name, though. Feels like it could be Tim Couch or Tom Brady.

1 minute ago, Hoss said:

Lmao I’m glad I’m not alone in thinking about this. I can’t get a real feel on Josh Allen’s name, though. Feels like it could be Tim Couch or Tom Brady.

I may have a generational bias on the name Josh Allen. It *could* work.

But Nate Peterman is a trusted accountant, not an NFL QB.

1 minute ago, TrueBlueGED said:

I direct your attention to the movie thread. The "real" history of slavery was quite the kicker. 

Yeah, no thanks.

8 minutes ago, darksabre said:

If you had told me last year that Peterman would be the starter this year, I wouldn't have even fought you on it because I'm fully aware of how dumb this team is. 

Don't see many other options, Allen might be the future but not ready, and McCarron didn't look better than Petermann.

2017 NFL QBR rankings:
1.) Carson Wentz
2.) Case Keenum
3.) Tom Brady
4.) Dak Prescott
5.) Matt Ryan
6.) Ben Roethlisberger
7.) Matthew Stafford
8.) Alex Smith
9.) Drew Brees
10.)Russell Wilson
11.) Phillip Rivers
12.) Blake Bortles
13.) Marcus Mariota
14.) Tyrod Taylor
15.) Kirk Cousins
16.) Jared Goff
17.) Josh McCown
18.) Jameis Winston
19.) Cam Newton 
20.) Derek Carr
21.) Carson Palmer
22.) Eli Manning
23.) Joe Flacco
24.) Brett Hundley
25.) Andy Dalton
26.) Jay Cutler
27.) Jacoby Brissett
28.) DeShone Kizer
29.) Mitch Trubisky
30.) Trevor Semian

This obviously isn't a perfect list, but I don't think it correlates very strongly with "strength of QB names", which goes like
Drew Brees, Carson Palmer, Tom Brady, Russell Wilson, Eli Manning, Phillip Rivers, Cam Newton, ..................... filler ................... Case Keenum, Blake Bortles, Jared Goff, Josh McCown, Brett Hundley, Trevor Semian.

6 minutes ago, darksabre said:

If you had told me last year that Peterman would be the starter this year, I wouldn't have even fought you on it because I'm fully aware of how dumb this team is. 

Given what they have/has (McCarron) this is the most sensible outcome. Whether we’re right that Peterman is eternal garbage remains to be seen.

They could have pursued other options, dive into expensive free agency (which they couldn’t afford with all the Whaley-era dead cap), trades or find a way to solidify the offensive line so a rookie can be properly evaluated and safely start. But they didn’t. So given what we know and have this is the right choice. He did look good in preseason except for the throw that separates top QBs: the out route. He doesn’t have the strength to get it safely to the sidelines or outside the numbers.

Losing Wood and Incognito put them in a really tough spot. They had plenty of time to replace Wood, though. To capably replace Incognito he would’ve had to be a jackass a little sooner.

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

2017 NFL QBR rankings:
1.) Carson Wentz
2.) Case Keenum
3.) Tom Brady
4.) Dak Prescott
5.) Matt Ryan
6.) Ben Roethlisberger
7.) Matthew Stafford
8.) Alex Smith
9.) Drew Brees
10.)Russell Wilson
11.) Phillip Rivers
12.) Blake Bortles
13.) Marcus Mariota
14.) Tyrod Taylor
15.) Kirk Cousins
16.) Jared Goff
17.) Josh McCown
18.) Jameis Winston
19.) Cam Newton 
20.) Derek Carr
21.) Carson Palmer
22.) Eli Manning
23.) Joe Flacco
24.) Brett Hundley
25.) Andy Dalton
26.) Jay Cutler
27.) Jacoby Brissett
28.) DeShone Kizer
29.) Mitch Trubisky
30.) Trevor Semian

This obviously isn't a perfect list, but I don't think it correlates very strongly with "strength of QB names", which goes like
Drew Brees, Carson Palmer, Tom Brady, Russell Wilson, Eli Manning, Phillip Rivers, Cam Newton, ..................... filler ................... Case Keenum, Blake Bortles, Jared Goff, Josh McCown, Brett Hundley, Trevor Semian.

I never got the impression anyone actually believed in the QB name thing. Just something fun to joke about. Maybe I'm wrong on that though. 

2 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Given what they have/has (McCarron) this is the most sensible outcome. Whether we’re right that Peterman is eternal garbage remains to be seen.

They could have pursued other options, dive into expensive free agency (which they couldn’t afford with all the Whaley-era dead cap), trades or find a way to solidify the offensive line so a rookie can be properly evaluated and safely start. But they didn’t. So given what we know and have this is the right choice. He did look good in preseason except for the throw that separates top QBs: the out route. He doesn’t have the strength to get it safely to the sidelines or outside the numbers.

Losing Wood and Incognito put them in a really tough spot. They had plenty of time to replace Wood, though. To capably replace Incognito he would’ve had to be a jackass a little sooner.

I don't necessarily blame them for Incognito, but him going crazy wasn't exactly so unpredictable that it completely excuses getting caught with their pants down. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TrueBlueGED said:

I never got the impression anyone actually believed in the QB name thing. Just something fun to joke about. Maybe I'm wrong on that though. 

Oh I'm just playing around too, I just wanted to look at it. 

And quite frankly, it's pretty funny how all-time great QBs have very obviously great QB names. But that begs the question - if Tim Couch, Alex Van Pelt, and Brian Brohm had illustrious HOF careers we'd probably be like "Wao gr8 QB name" even though it's easy to categorize them as bad names now with the comfort of their varying levels of mediocrity

3 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

I don't necessarily blame them for Incognito, but him going crazy wasn't exactly so unpredictable that it completely excuses getting caught with their pants down. 

And they seem to actively enjoy employing Vlad Ducasse at the LG position, so his collapse on every play leading to already weak links in the line falling a part is on them.

8 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

FACT: There’s never been an NFL All Pro QB who didn’t have at least a *solid* sounding name (and a super majority have objectively cool names).

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.