Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

Brock Osweiler or Mike Glennon or Blaine Gabbert or how about Ryan Fitzpatrick? Who is this year’s Case Keenum?

I guess we are moving up in the draft.

Fitz is already in Tampa. Semien is available though, so is Foles

Edited by Jokertecken

To continue the "When to take a QB" conversation, lets try this. Using the drafts from 2005 to 2015, I'll list every QB taken. 3 ranks. **-hit, *-tweener/undecided, and nothing. Completely subjective, so tell me if I'm way off on someone. I'm setting Dalton as the bottom of the "hit" line.

This was great, thanks

Unless the plan is to draft a rookie who could start sooner rather than later.

Rosen, Jackson and Darnold seem to best fit that role.

That appears to preclude Allen hopefully

Given the insane amount of money (much of it guaranteed) thrown out to bridge QB's today, I'm not too upset that we decided to pass on that "first" tier.

Good for him.

Well, it's really $30M - which, I believe, works out to $10M/yr. with the way NFL contract salaries and bonuses are amortized. The guaranteed money is all that matters in NFL deals.

As for it being ridiculous, I put some serious stock in the fact that Andy Reid is the guy bringing the player in. He's one of the greatest O-coaches in the league's history. He must see something in the guy.

The Chiefs could be scary good with the team they've assembled. Hill/Kelce/Watkins/Hunt. Yikes. They've got a ~3 year window to win a Super Bowl, basically -- while they still have Mahomes on his rookie deal. This is the way the Seahawks did it with Wilson. And it's the way the Bills are trying to do it with [QB drafted in 2018].

I would still be concerned about their (lack of) defense but Eric Berry coming back from injury could be huge for them.  He's a monster.

Yeah - I'm disappointed the Bills missed out on the top tier of FA QBs, but I also like that they didn't throw money around like a sailor on leave.

And, hey - not getting a good NFL QB in FA might mean that they're leaning toward getting a more NFL-ready prospect (i.e., staying away from Josh Allen).

Packers release Jordy Nelson.

And they sign Jimmy Graham.

McCown signs with NYJ.

We're back in on Bridgewater (I assume).

The report earlier was that the Jets were in on Bridgewater. If that has changed with the McCown to NYJ report, then I would definitely be in on Bridgewater - I think he has the upside to be good for us while the rookie learns.

The #Bills are signing S Rafael Bush for up to $4.5M over 2 years, source said. The former #Saints safety has a new landing spot.

Per Rapaport

We are apparently just playing defensive backs and linemen in our defense. Matt Milano is our only LB.

This is probably just a depth signing given the money/lack of name recognition.

The report earlier was that the Jets were in on Bridgewater. If that has changed with the McCown to NYJ report, then I would definitely be in on Bridgewater - I think he has the upside to be good for us while the rookie learns.

We are apparently just playing defensive backs and linemen in our defense. Matt Milano is our only LB.

This is probably just a depth signing given the money/lack of name recognition.

Hes a better run defender than what we had in Thomas and Anderson.

From @AllbrightNFL: "The #Bills have deliberately made known their interest in Josh Allen. Take that for what you will."

Also said same source made him aware of interest in Nate Peterman last year.

This has to be a smokescreen. It’s way too early for this to be out

Edited by Brawndo

From @AllbrightNFL: "The #Bills have deliberately made known their interest in Josh Allen. Take that for what you will."

Also said same source made him aware of interest in Nate Peterman last year.

This has to be a smokescreen. It’s way too early for this to be out

If it's true can we just lock this thread and make Sabrespace Bills talk go the way of politics talk?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.