GDT Avalanche at Sabres 7pm ET 2-11-2018

jsb

Sam again made nice passes and was setting folks up in the first. Looked pretty decent till I needed a nap before my shift. Hes skating better! Faster. Missed the rest of the game.

His linemates are doing him any justice. Wilson and Erod are a far cry from Eichel and just about anyone not named Nolans.

Pominville is so over the hill it's ridiculous. I know they took the contract to get Scandella but he is starting to approach Moulson territory.

They unloaded Ennis and Foligno contracts. More than a fair swap. He's got one year left after this, it's not an albatross.

I decided to assemble my new desk tonight instead of watch the rest of the game after the first.  I am glad I did, even though it sounds like it was entertaining. 

Got a Jarvis Sit-Stand Desk.  Definitely cool so far.

I'll be back watching games in no time.

I have a cheaper version of one of those. It's really nice, although I think at some point I'm going to spring for the motorized thingy. The hand crank isn't bad but I do find myself not changing positions because I don't want to take the minute or two do it. Maybe I need to make it a game; shout "Alarm!" and start spinning furiously.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVBPGZEVRH0?t=20

Edited by MattiPaj

I decided to assemble my new desk tonight instead of watch the rest of the game after the first.  I am glad I did, even though it sounds like it was entertaining. 

Got a Jarvis Sit-Stand Desk.  Definitely cool so far.

I'll be back watching games in no time.

What's a sit-stand desk?

I know I'm just sitting here stewing about this, but hear me out: Imagine the Sabres had a goalie who could stop,the occasional puck. How much better would life be for all of us?

Having a screwball choker in goal -- the effect of that is extremely underrated in looking at how the team plays in front of him. The defenders of Lehner are just dead wrong.

https://www.varidesk.com/

I really want one.

I have the other style (like the Jarvis posted above) here at home. The entire disk surface moves up and down with a hand crank; inside the legs there's some sort of gear mechanism that moves the entire thing up and down. It's tall enough (46-ish") that 6' 2" me doesn't have it all the way up when standing, and drops down far enough that it's lower than an average desk.

https://www.varidesk.com/

I really want one.

My office supplies these for all employees. They are awesome! The entire surface moves up and down (there are two motors- one for each leg). You can have four pre-set heights (which is really too many, I only use two: sit and stand). I don't stand enough though :P35-SmartDesk_2_cover1-1508129005625.jpg

Maybe Ristolainen is one of the partyers on this team. 

Why?  Because he had a bad game?   

He's still young he's going through a slump right now.     Consistency is the most difficult trait to master for an NHL player.   

That said, his plus minus is terrible..... AGAIN.     He's a -90 is 320 career games... that's a problem, and I said it two years ago... he's doesn't have the elite quickness necessary to make up for his mistakes.    When somebody gets by him, that's it... they're gone, he can't make up ground on anybody.    That's why I don't see him as a top pairing guy.    

The picture above nails it.  Although my desktop is 72x30.  Once I get the wires all cleaned up I will post a picture. :)

4 presets is overkill unless you have more than one person use the desk.  In that case it's excellent.

I have a Varidesk at work.  It sits on the desk.  It's nice but they take up so much space and when I am standing up it's annoying to have to constantly reach down to get stuff off the desk.  Now it's all at the same height.

I haven't sat down yet today.  Although, I have broken up the standing by having to run out to a few places so I did sit at times. 

Why?  Because he had a bad game?   

He's still young he's going through a slump right now.     Consistency is the most difficult trait to master for an NHL player.   

That said, his plus minus is terrible..... AGAIN.     He's a -90 is 320 career games... that's a problem, and I said it two years ago... he's doesn't have the elite quickness necessary to make up for his mistakes.    When somebody gets by him, that's it... they're gone, he can't make up ground on anybody.    That's why I don't see him as a top pairing guy.    

Why not? He has had numerous bad games the past couple of seasons. 

Id like something a little smaller. Could see it being a problem for the cat though. Hed want to be up on it and I’d need to design a barrier. :( Love the habitrail version... adds new meaning to the rat race... incredible and incredibly satirical. http://corsocal.com/5-steps-to-building-a-sit-stand-desk/

Oh it gets better. My peers and I have been chastised for working weekends and not taking enough vacation (not an issue with me) ????.

Jesus men!! I relish the chance I have to leave the county, let alone not be at work; and you best believe when I have students with me, they're doing my grunt work (within the correct scope, of course)

Oh it gets better. My peers and I have been chastised for working weekends and not taking enough vacation (not an issue with me) ????.

I like to keep about 80 hours of vacation time in my pocket. Just in case I get a case of the fcuk it's and decide I need a week off on a whim. I also stand for 6 of my 8 hours at work. The other 2 hours, break :p

My office supplies these for all employees. They are awesome! The entire surface moves up and down (there are two motors- one for each leg). You can have four pre-set heights (which is really too many, I only use two: sit and stand). I don't stand enough though :P35-SmartDesk_2_cover1-1508129005625.jpg

That's exactly what we have at work, except they are bigger, L-shaped.

Psssst... PA... it's actually healthier to get up off your keyster once in a while, than to be sedentary for a whole office workday.

Depends on his physical condition... if as suspected would recommend only for short bits of time. Needs to work his way up to it. Kinda like the Sabres the last number of years... Here is hoping PA can stand on his own two feet someday... :)

Psssst... PA... it's actually healthier to get up off your keyster once in a while, than to be sedentary for a whole office workday.

That very well might be. But it's not why American employers introduced the standing desk. Sucka.

Depends on his physical condition... if as suspected would recommend only for short bits of time. Needs to work his way up to it. Kinda like the Sabres the last number of years... Here is hoping PA can stand on his own two feet someday... :)

When I do, I know where one foot is going.

That very well might be. But it's not why American employers introduced the standing desk. Sucka.

I've worked for employers that got stand up desks for their people because they expected greater productivity as a result, and were very up front about that reasoning, so I agree with what you are insinuating.  But I also know plenty of people that asked for them because they preferred to stand instead of being in a chair all day.

If I weren't in a low cubicle office I'd like to try one out.

When I do, I know where one foot is going.

The standing concept surely isn’t an American origin nor is it a recent one. Google it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.