2018 Winter Olympics

darksabre

Who knew women's cross country skiing could be so exciting. I was out of my seat watching this one...

https://www.nbcolympics.com/news/us-ends-42-year-olympic-cross-country-medal-drought-historic-gold

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/966492623031685121

Amazingly one of the better events to watch. A great comeback by the skier and the announcers were great calling it. And it all happens at a relatively slow pace. Gives plenty of time see in detail what is actually going on.

BREAKING: John Schuster learned how to curl about halfway through that first match, vs Canada apparently. Dude has been fire since then.

This is really good for curling. Canadian curling needs to take notice, the rest of the world has caught up on both the Men’s and Women’s sides. Better competition makes for more exciting curling.

Canada v Germany now.  Good game!  4-3 Ger with 8:30 to go.

Roy scored the 3rd and looks good. 

Erhoff is solid (and still earning $850,000 per year from Sabres through 2026 if i read wiki correctly?). 

Milbury and Pierre are terrible as usual.  "this is just bad hockey" "unfathomable that he would make that pass "not NHL players" blah blah blah just stfu and enjoy the game.  

GERMANY WINS! NO GOLD FOR CANADA! 

No gold medals for Canada in either Men's/Women's Hockey NOR either Curling (they did win the mixed doubles, though)

At least someone found some joy in that. Personally never watched a minute of the mens hockey or the curling and frankly could care less. On the other hand I really enjoyed the womens hockey final. 

At least someone found some joy in that. Personally never watched a minute of the mens hockey or the curling and frankly could care less. On the other hand I really enjoyed the womens hockey final. 

I watched the last 10 minutes of the CAN-GER game today when I heard Germany was up, I also caught the last 10 minutes of the Slovakia-Slovenia game the other day for no particular reason, thats about it for the Mens tournament for me. Watched the Women's gold medal game, too. Not much Hockey for me this year.

Been watching most of them US Men's curling and caught a few other matches both men's and women's, but I've always dug that sport. The fact that I play it now makes me appreciate it even more. 

The south Korean women's curling team is inspiring.

They're witches. It's the ONLY possible explanation for how they can steal 4 in an end without the hammer. ;)

Witches would possess the prerequisite broom skills..

:lol:

And these ladies also don't sink on the (frozen) water. They MUST be witches. ;)

Turns out their nickname is the Garlic Girls. They ARE witches.

(Good luck to them down the stretch. Just starting to watch their DVR'd match vs Japan as background noise while catching up on e-mails.)

The SK curling SF match is done.

South Korean ladies in the Curling Finals vs Sweden. Won in 11.

The announcer of the match said S. Korea would play Sweden. The in-studio announcer then pretended that nobody heard that. "Sweden will play Great Britian at 5PM over on CNBC." Ooops. :lol:

I watched the last 10 minutes of the CAN-GER game today when I heard Germany was up, I also caught the last 10 minutes of the Slovakia-Slovenia game the other day for no particular reason, thats about it for the Mens tournament for me. Watched the Women's gold medal game, too. Not much Hockey for me this year.

Been watching most of them US Men's curling and caught a few other matches both men's and women's, but I've always dug that sport. The fact that I play it now makes me appreciate it even more. 

Used to curl in highschool its a fun sport. Lots of strategy. My reasons for having no interest in the mens hockey is the lack of star power. I like seeing all the guys at the top of their game in the games. Thats the purpose of these games. Bettman screwed the pooch on that for everyone. Douchebag. The womans tournament was like watching a midget tournament ( no offence ladies ) but it was all the best females for that sport which made it great. The Gold medal game was also great. The U.S. was deserving of the victory.

Late night curling. Sounds good to me.

I’d love to see Shuster and his team complete the Cinderella story here. They really put in the work to elevate themselves to this spot.

Tough start for him and team USA though, Edin and Sweden blanked then got their 2 in end two.

Shuster has been resilient though.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.