Trade Deadline Deals 2018 (Non-Sabres Thread)

Brawndo

Ian Cole is that cap related element.

Yep and Ottawa intends to flip him before the trade deadline per LeBrun.

Hmm so that depending on structure should be close what Sabres get for Kane.

I hope so, the fear is that Brassard is a Center and there are so few of them on trade market that drove up Brassard’s Price

Yep and Ottawa intends to flip him before the trade deadline per LeBrun.

I hope so, the fear is that Brassard is a Center and there are so few of them on trade market that drove up Brassard’s Price

The Coyotes did move Tobias Rieder....  :)

Looks like they need to start their TradeCentre coverage today and carry it through the weekend... who wouldn't want 96 hours of trade talk and coverage?

Seems like Pittsburgh is out on Kane then.

Why? Ones a center Kane is a wing. If Pittsburgh was looking for only a center that wouldn't involve Kane plus fans rumor mill had Pittsburgh interested in Kane.

Edited by Radar

Brassard to Pittsburgh for a 1st, goalie Gustavsson and other cap related elements.

Per Dreger

Good return. Good player but maybe inflated a bit by being the only Centre on the market.

Can’t see Kane returning more, but I could see him returning similar.

I still have this sense that Kane might end up in Calgary. They can pay what we would want and can just see Brian Burke being a big fan of Kane’s game.

Why? Ones a center Kane is a wing.

Can’t see the Pens moving futures in two big moves. They are thin there already.

When Sid and Geno hit the wall it’s going to get ugly there.

Rhutherford wont care though, enjoying retirement in the sunshine, polishing his Stanley Cup rings.

Why? Ones a center Kane is a wing. If Pittsburgh was looking for only a center that wouldn't involve Kane plus fans rumor mill had Pittsburgh interested in Kane.

Because we want a 1st in return for Kane and they just used that up on Brassard.

I suppose I should have said we're out on trading Kane to Pittsburgh.

Edited by Mustasch av gud

From McKenzie

PIT-OTT deal involving Brassard is ultra-complicated, so much so that Brassard will likely first be traded to a team other than PIT. Then flipped to PIT. Hearing that third team is likely VGK. Potential for layers of salary retention.

Edited by Brawndo

Per Cap Friendly

The max salary a team can retain is 50% & the max number of times a contract can be retained is twice.

Theoretical max retained salary scenario for Brassard is therefore:

Trade 1: 50% of 5M (2.5M)

Trade 2: 50% of 2.5M (1.25M)

Final cap hit for #Pittsburgh: $1.25M (Theoretical)

How much you wanna bet the NHL puts the kibosh on that Brassard deal.

I wouldn’t be surprised, but anything is possible in Bettman’s NHL

Not recently. Give Kane the puck he's going to shoot, sometimes score, that's about it. 

Various places on tv talk is a first and a prospect or a second and a good prospect. Eight teams still interested.

Kane is a really good player. Even after this huge slump, likely because he took his foot off the gas due to injury concerns, he’s sitting at 20/20/40. He’s scoring, passing better, and is a young, energetic, physical player that’ll be a nice addition for any team looking to make a playoff run.

Kane isn’t going to get a huge return, simply because he’s a rental. It really does just come down to that. To my mind his value is much, much closer to what we paid for him, in the hypothetical world he had term right now.

In fact, he’s a better player now than then, and is staying out of trouble.

'If you have to ask you'll never know. If you know, you need only ask.'

Only one Horcrux left after that...

OK, fine ...

Persistent, ain't he. ;)

Barry Beck.

Told you it wouldn't be worth the buildup. :p

+100

From McKenzie

PIT-OTT deal involving Brassard is ultra-complicated, so much so that Brassard will likely first be traded to a team other than PIT. Then flipped to PIT. Hearing that third team is likely VGK. Potential for layers of salary retention.

I’m confused, what’s so complicated about the deal? Seemed straightforward.

Edited by Thorny

Only one Horcrux left after that...

+100

I’m confused, what’s so complicated about the deal? Seemed straightforward.

Brassard will have part of his contract retained by VGK, but for them to do that the league requires Brassard to first be acquired by VGK. So Ottawa has to trade Brassard to VGK then VGK trades him to PIT

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.