Baloon to the IR

WildCard

Thought concussed people weren't supposed to fly?

Did they send him home via the Transcanadian RR? Uber? Hitch hike? :unsure:

You're thinking about not swimming for 90 minutes after eating potato salad.

It was funny in the News today how they said he "hitched a ride" home. Maybe he didn't fly.

Anyway... are we going to Connolly this guy now? He has a brain injury. Maybe the second of his season. A little mercy maybe? Steve Montador?

It was funny in the News today how they said he "hitched a ride" home. Maybe he didn't fly.

Anyway... are we going to Connolly this guy now? He has a brain injury. Maybe the second of his season. A little mercy maybe? Steve Montador?

Tim Connolly was really good at hockey.

Why are you asking me that? Though the question was asked in a fun way, it wasn't disparaging Beaulieu. It was asking how did he get back to Buffalo.

And ftr, I'm the one that won the bet w/ DeLuca about how many games Connolly was going to play when he returned from his upper body injury. So, really not sure why you chose to respond to this post w/ your question.

Why are you asking me that? Though the question was asked in a fun way, it wasn't disparaging Beaulieu. It was asking how did he get back to Buffalo.

And ftr, I'm the one that won the bet w/ DeLuca about how many games Connolly was going to play when he returned from his upper body injury. So, really not sure why you chose to respond to this post w/ your question.

John Vogl mentioned he flew with the team to Edmonton and then hitched a ride back to Buffalo.

To answer your original question, flying can exacerbate the concussion symptoms and given the fact he is being driven to Buffalo I imagine it did occur on the flight to Edmonton

It wasn't for you. It was a general comment on the tone of this thread. I wish I could blame thread-merging. It should have been two separate posts.

This is what happens when people bowl you over.

Very nice.

Thought concussed people weren't supposed to fly?

Did they send him home via the Transcanadian RR? Uber? Hitch hike? :unsure:

I thought the same thing.

Is it confirmed that he drove back? 

Either way:  it's been a highly disappointing season for both him and Antipin.  Add McCabe and Bogo to that list, and 4 of the hoped-for improvements to the top 6 have been major letdowns.  (To be fair, Scandella has been good.)

Freeman-

Here is Vogl’s Article

Beaulieu's trip to western Canada was a short one. He got hurt just 3:11 into Monday's game in Calgary. After flying to Edmonton following the contest, he hitched a ride back to Buffalo on Tuesday for evaluation and treatment.

It's believed to be the second concussion of the season for Beaulieu, who absorbed a couple of punches and had his chin driven into the ice during a fight with the Flames' Curtis Lazar. Beaulieu challenged Lazar after the forward stuck his leg out for a knee-on-knee hit.

Beaulieu had just returned to the lineup after missing two games with an illness. He missed five games with the flu last month and sat seven games in October and November with his first head injury.

The absences have hindered the development of the 25-year-old, who was acquired from Montreal for a third-round pick and signed to a two-year deal.

"It's been a tough year for him with the expectations coming in to a new team and the start that we had as a group, and then with his struggles with injuries," Housley said.

Beaulieu, who was placed on injured reserve, has one goal, three assists and a minus-14 rating in 33 games.

I read that he hitched a ride I thought it interfered a car ride. The article subtitle as changed and said Beaulieu flew back to Buffalo. So he didn’t drive back.

Flying isn’t an absolute contraindication with a concussion but it can make the symptoms worse. Patients are usually premedicated with Motrin and a anti nausea medication before doing so.

I saw the initial hit, which was dirty on Lazar's part.  Why would Lazar come after him if he didn't yap something at him?

My guess was aggression.  What's wrong with him yapping?  I doubt he said, let's fight.  

Lazar could have thought who the heck is this little runt yelling at - then charged him dropping his gloves.

John Vogl mentioned he flew with the team to Edmonton and then hitched a ride back to Buffalo.

To answer your original question, flying can exacerbate the concussion symptoms and given the fact he is being driven to Buffalo I imagine it did occur on the flight to Edmonton

Danke.

It wasn't for you. It was a general comment on the tone of this thread. I wish I could blame thread-merging. It should have been two separate posts.

Fair enough.

:beer:

That would have been quite a far drive.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.