"Signed Reino, Eichs, Bogo" — Evander profile in THN

PASabreFan

So when Sam Reinhart, Jack Eichel and Zach Bogosian pooled their (admittedly considerable) funds and presented the bottle to Kane, commemorating his 500th NHL game, he was beyond touched. It came in a fire-engine-red case, signed, Congrats on 500, Kaner! Reino, Eichs, Bogo.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/article/kane-at-home-in-buffalo-with-trade-deadline-and-free-agency-looming

If Kane likes it so much here with his boys, there may be a chance to re-sign him in the summer after trading him. We bolster the team with a high pick and prospect(s) and he comes back ready to go again. I'm not saying he would take a discount, but if JBots thinks that he is a key piece I would still trade him and try to bring him back to maximize value.

Kane is so much better at using his linemates than he was when he got here.

He’s already only 10 assists off his career high.

Also has shown far better shot selection.

His flaws haven’t disappeared, but he has addressed them.

Edited by Mick O’Manly

If Kane likes it so much here with his boys, there may be a chance to re-sign him in the summer after trading him. We bolster the team with a high pick and prospect(s) and he comes back ready to go again. I'm not saying he would take a discount, but if JBots thinks that he is a key piece I would still trade him and try to bring him back to maximize value.

For assumption:

Kane wants to sign here.

Sabres are willing to give him near market value.

Then I, as Kane, would request to be traded this season.  This assures me that the team I am coming back to is going to get one time benefit from my trade value and it gives me a shot at a Stanley Cup run and experience I can bring back to my team the following season.

It happens.  I am actually surprised it does not happen more often.

For assumption:

Kane wants to sign here.

Then I, as Kane, would request to be traded this season.  This assures me that the team I am coming back to is going to get one time benefit from my trade value and it gives me a shot at a Stanley Cup run and experience I can bring back to my team the following season.

Those were exactly the assumptions I was basing my comment on. If Kane is truly happy with this group and wants to come back, it is to the benefit of both parties to maximize his value. And since his hockey talents are not required for the last 30 games of this season for the Sabres, why not make the team better?

For assumption:

Kane wants to sign here.

It does happen. Tkachuk did it seemingly every trade deadline for about 45 years for the Blues. And Moulson & McCormick followed that mold. :lol:

Would be very happy if Kane did so as well. ONLY potential downside for Kane is that he can only sign a 7 year deal rather than an 8 year deal. (Presumes Sabres would be willing to go to 8 years. Definitely not a given.)

Sabres have very minimal downside in that scenario as well. Their downside comes if Kane signs w/ another team but that would be mitigated by whatever haul they get in the trade & the additional cap room they'd have available in lieu of signing Kane long term. That scenario (trading Kane w/ expectation he re-signs in off season FA) also results in a lower haul for Kane as that deal necessarily occurs at/near the deadline though the haul would likely be greater in January (as trading partner gets him for 2 extra months).

I saw the article and found it quite interesting. It does imply they definitely hang out together and obviously know the mans tastes that include drinking. 

It makes me wonder if Sam maybe into a little too much drinking at his age and not prepping/practicing..

I believe I recall as a rookie reading he was one of last players off the ice with O' Reilly staying late after practices. We don't here anything like that anymore about that type of commitment from any of the players staying late after practice. Ryan is too busy getting home getting ready for his baby and playing guitars and music man instead of the rigorous training and after practice work. I guess after getting the big contract and settling into Buffalo it was all just hype. Looks like no one else has picked up that leadership model either.       

I am curious what one of the contributing posters to many of the 30 pages of the " Good whiskey/whiskey" thread and influences for my expanded tastes in fine whiskeys thinks of Louis XIII ? 

I just can't fathom that a bottle of cognac could be really that good its worth 3000 but of course I don't have that disposable income either.   

I saw the article and found it quite interesting. It does imply they definitely hang out together and obviously know the mans tastes that include drinking. 

It makes me wonder if Sam maybe into a little too much drinking at his age and not prepping/practicing..

I believe I recall as a rookie reading he was one of last players off the ice with O' Reilly staying late after practices. We don't here anything like that anymore about that type of commitment from any of the players staying late after practice. Ryan is too busy getting home getting ready for his baby and playing guitars and music man instead of the rigorous training and after practice work. I guess after getting the big contract and settling into Buffalo it was all just hype. Looks like no one else has picked up that leadership model either.       

I am curious what one of the contributing posters to many of the 30 pages of the " Good whiskey/whiskey" thread and influences for my expanded tastes in fine whiskeys thinks of Louis XIII ? 

I just can't fathom that a bottle of cognac could be really that good its worth 3000 but of course I don't have that disposable income either.   

Seems like the Sabres may have an alcoholic culture/leadership on their hands with OReilly and Kane and who knows who else. sounds like a bait and switch by OReilly on a desperate organization with rich, rookie owners. Now that he's got his money, he has gone Leino on us, becoming selfish and lazy. Cant say it wasnt predictable by his drunken car crashing antics one minute after being signed. I think Reinhart was an impressionable youth who was badly influenced in the Discipline Dept. and got caught up in OReilly's and Kane's bad veteran leadership along with Eichel... remember Jack and Sam were there with Kane when he got in trouble that night on Chippewa.

Edited by Marvelo

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.