GDT Sabres at Montreal, 7pm, MSG

Eleven

Price was in the crease.

In as much as Hull wasn't.

This one, oddly enough, has me more pissed off than that one. The league should pretty much just come out and admit they're officiated slightly less stringently than pro wrestling so I can stop caring about it.

Edited by Sabres79

Camp out in front of the net people!  Crash the net.  Enough of the passing around the perimeter!  Bring up someone like Fasching and tell him your only job is to be a big immovable body in front of the net.   Until this team learns a culture of work ethic and sacrifice (not just trying to win with talent - which there isn't even enough of, btw), we will continue to suffer.  Hopeful that Botteril sees/know this and will draft/biuild a farm system accordingly.  As a life long, die-hard Sabres fan I will endure all patience and suffering to get to where we need to be.   Let's Go Buff-alo!!!   Clap!Clap!.... Clap!Clap!Clap!!!

Camp out in front of the net people!  Crash the net.  Enough of the passing around the perimeter!  Bring up someone like Fasching and tell him your only job is to be a big immovable body in front of the net.   Until this team learns a culture of work ethic and sacrifice (not just trying to win with talent - which there isn't even enough of, btw), we will continue to suffer.  Hopeful that Botteril sees/know this and will draft/biuild a farm system accordingly.  As a life long, die-hard Sabres fan I will endure all patience and suffering to get to where we need to be.   Let's Go Buff-alo!!!   Clap!Clap!.... Clap!Clap!Clap!!!

Yes, crash the net.  But that doesn't work well if you don't shoot the puck.  All kinds of perimeter passing to set up the ideal shot usually leads to a turnover, a block, or a bad shot.  Shoot the damned puck and have someone up front to screen and/or pick up the garbage.  There are those who've made doing that a HOF career.

Yes, crash the net.  But that doesn't work well if you don't shoot the puck.  All kinds of perimeter passing to set up the ideal shot usually leads to a turnover, a block, or a bad shot.  Shoot the damned puck and have someone up front to screen and/or pick up the garbage.  There are those who've made doing that a HOF career.

Dave Andrechuck, exhibit A / HOF

I refrained from posting during the game... like I did last night.  Didn't matter tonight.

They played well.  Risto scored the team's first goal by a D this year.. on his own net.  The 2 on 1... well and the SH.

They did show times of keeping Montreal in their own end.  But Montreal is another crappy team.  Tuesday night's game will put the Sabres on notice.  Tampa Bay is about as close to perfect this year as they can be.

It's all about next year.  Botterill said as much last night during his interview.  There are guys here filling a spot.  He'll trade those he can and get assets to begin building HIS team next year.  We're along for the ride and have to argue with each other for the best or worst of the night.

C'est la vie!

If you want to talk about baby steps, at least tonight the coach didn't quit, even after the goal was disallowed. You send a message to your team.

I don't really want to talk about baby steps anymore. Fans of the Vegas Golden Knights don't talk about baby steps. They are currently the 4th best team in the entire league. Not quitting until all 60 minutes are up should be expected of these (overpaid) professionals. We're talking bare minimum expectations here.

I refrained from posting during the game... like I did last night.  Didn't matter tonight.

They played well.  Risto scored the team's first goal by a D this year.. on his own net.  The 2 on 1... well and the SH.

They did show times of keeping Montreal in their own end.  But Montreal is another crappy team.  Tuesday night's game will put the Sabres on notice.  Tampa Bay is about as close to perfect this year as they can be.

It's all about next year.  Botterill said as much last night during his interview.  There are guys here filling a spot.  He'll trade those he can and get assets to begin building HIS team next year.  We're along for the ride and have to argue with each other for the best or worst of the night.

C'est la vie!

Isn't it always?

Who in the right mind wants to sit at the key center and watch boring hockey played. When will the place be half full

I have no desire whatsoever to go to any more games other than the SabreSpace meetup.  And I have eight remaining.  I don't want to park and walk, I don't want to eat the bad food, I don't want to be scrunched into the small seats (and I'm not a big guy), I don't want to stand around between periods, none of it.  It is a complete waste of time.  At least I don't have to pay for cocktails, as I don't drink at games.  I guess that's the upside?  That I don't have to pay for drinks?  That's where we're at?

LTS, do you have a link to the Jbot interview?

Fuhr, I agree the DR was a terrible drafter at the end. However, nothing with ever change the verdict of TM as a GM. He had a clean slate. Unlimited resources, a mass of picks and prospects, and huge cap space. He still blew it. Hitting on a few draft picks only lessens the damage to the organization he caused.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

First things first.  Another crappy effort by our crappy team.  

As to Kane no goal, It looks from the replay that Price initiates the contact and that Samson is out of the crease.  How is that goalie interference?

Price's motion might be relevant, but where Samson was isn't. Price was in the his crease, and that's what counts. I'll take a look at the rule book regarding goalie movement in the crease.

Price's motion might be relevant, but where Samson was isn't. Price was in the his crease, and that's what counts. I'll take a look at the rule book regarding goalie movement in the crease.

Rule 69 says that Samson needed to be in the crease keeping Price from establishing position. He wasn't. Or initiating contact with the goalie outside the crease. He didn't do the either.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

Rule 69 says that Samson needed to be in the crease keeping Price from establishing position. He wasn't. Or initiating contact with the goalie outside the crease. He didn't do the either.

Rule 69 has many scenarios. It's a very complicated rule, and how the NHL writes its rulebook doesn't help. But a goalie can initiate contact if he's in his crease in order to establish position. He can even use excessive force or "act in a manner that would otherwise warrant a penalty" to establish position and the goal is still disallowed. This is a scenario where an attacking player is in the crease.

Samson wasn't. It was a simple scenario where Samson made incidental contact with the goaltender who was in his crease. No goal and no penalty to Samson.

It was a BS call.

Read Rule 69. It's fun. And maddening. You'll lose faith in humanity.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.