Ray questions lack of character players; Schopp discloses rumors on "partiers"

PASabreFan

Perreault smoked — at a time when about a third of adults smoked (source: CDC). Losing culture in Buffalo goes wayyyy back.

So did Bossy (who said he quite every yer during the playoffs and once they hoisted the Cup he would light one up) and Lafleur ... one has to wonder what their careers would have been like if they hadn't.  Maybe worse?  Who knows.

I think that smoking is not that bad for you compared to all the other crap we are subjected too.

And I am so glad you are still an a-hole. I've tried to be nice, go f-yourself. Push me away, ban me whatever, I don't care.

Kittens got claws. Meeeooow.

I don't think you should be banned but usually by now posters figure out how to interact with other without coming off so self righteous. I like your counter Sabrespace culture I just wish you could do it with less indignation. Sometimes you can't change a tiger's stripes.

So you're the boss? You get to decide how people should speak or talk? You're free to spout any opinion you want to, but if I do it and you don't like it you get to be all snippy and sarcastic and that's cool right? Cause you've been here longer or you run it or whatever but you've spread your pee around and decided it's your space and people have to play by your rules. 

Oh my what sacrilege that someone new might come along with different ideas. Some people have said they like my posts, some don't, so what? When it comes to sports talk every a-hole has an opinion and everybody thinks they know more than the other guy. It's universal. Again, so what? I don't attack individuals unless I am attacked first. I came here to talk Sabres. If you don't like me, don't read me. be mature enough to just ignore what you don't like - or be a total , your choice I guess. 

Kittens got claws. Meeeooow.

I don't think you should be banned but usually by now posters figure out how to interact with other without coming off so self righteous. I like your counter Sabrespace culture I just wish you could do it with less indignation. Sometimes you can't change a tiger's stripes.

Not me.  Pokey's on the ignore list.

Why ignore anyone, even Pokey... like watching a Tennis match.... serve... return... yeh the righteous indignation is irritating.. I agree if he would just not be so TBDeey.... he make interesting points.

Back to the discussion:

Not sure if its culture, partying... immaturity... but the inconsistency within each game drives me up a wall. Guys need to learn how to play full games... whatever the reason. I still believe it will start happening once these guys play together a while longer and they get a bit more adept at playing Phil’s game. When they are on the Sabres appear to be able play at another level. They have to figure out how to play better D when they need a break during the game... this may have more to do with depth and having rotating injured D. Once it works itself out I see a big step forward.

Edited by North Buffalo

Damn Millennials and their ignore lists.

Message board safe spaces.

Didn't we lose a Stanley Cup Final to a bunch of partiers? I really don't know or care if the team parties. I don't see it as a reason why we are losing.

As long as it's 99% hockey talk than there is no blocking someone for me.

Pokey is just fine with me, in fact it makes me chuckle that he rubs the people that love to rub wrong.

They are most definitely missing leadership. On the ice it's apparent, off the ice I have no clue. But they usually go hand in hand.

As long as it's 99% hockey talk than there is no blocking someone for me.

Pokey is just fine with me, in fact it makes me chuckle that he rubs the people that love to rub wrong.

They are most definitely missing leadership. On the ice it's apparent, off the ice I have no clue. But they usually go hand in hand.

I'm not paying good money to be rubbed the wrong way. rub me right or don't rub me at all

There's a pre 2015 draft youtube video of Eichel saying Buffalo I'm coming for you while pounding a beer. Was he legal aged at the time? I'm not so sure.Then there's Kane's well-known love of bars, parties and partying. And of course O'Reilly's first action as a Sabre was drunkenly crashing into a Tim Horton's. I haven't heard about Reinhart except as a tag-along or other prominent players.. But it might explain some of the uneven performances. So maybe Houston we have a problem. But think about that Tyler Seguin deal that the Bruins would probably rather have back before you deal any partiers.

There's a pre 2015 draft youtube video of Eichel saying Buffalo I'm coming for you while pounding a beer. Was he legal aged at the time? I'm not so sure.Then there's Kane's well-known love of bars, parties and partying. And of course O'Reilly's first action as a Sabre was drunkenly crashing into a Tim Horton's. I haven't heard about Reinhart except as a tag-along or other prominent players.. But it might explain some of the uneven performances. So maybe Houston we have a problem. But think about that Tyler Seguin deal that the Bruins would probably rather have back before you deal any partiers.

He turned 21 like a month ago