GDT Sabres at Pens 11/14/17 7pm MSG WGR 550

Brawndo

I probably wouldn't play Eich at C in OT, he's just lost in his own zone and that gets made worse when it's 3v3 with all that space. 

Not blaming that play on Lehner at all, but is there a worse goalie when the play is to the short side, and the save attempt would be a post-hug of some kind?

Edited by Randall Flagg

Up 3-1 early, outscored 4-1 after that point. They can’t play from ahead or behind. The hole just gets deeper. This season is pretty much lost already. If you’re not in it by Thanksgiving, most teams can’t recover.

Bad teams are bad by Thanksgiving, bad teams continue to play bad. We're a bad team

I probably wouldn't play Eich at C in OT, he's just lost in his own zone and that gets made worse when it's 3v3 with all that space. 

Not blaming that play on Lehner at all, but is their a worse goalie when the play is to the short side, and the save attempt would be a post-hug of some kind?

He better learn then

Not blaming that play on Lehner at all, but is their a worse goalie when the play is to the short side, and the save attempt would be a post-hug of some kind?

I thought that too but I think the problem really is D-men who fail to protect the far post.

Year after year of both the Sabres and Bills sucking ass. When will we ever get a break? Certainly not this year.

Actually, the Bills at least make it interesting while the Sabres continue to be years away. 1 win vs Chargers and we add 3 more weeks of being alive. Sabres are out of it with 5 months to go in the season....hopeless.

Moves that need to be made.

Lehner move

Kane move ( sell high )

Reinhart

Moulson ( waive )

Bogosian ( made of glass )

These are changes that need to be made. Get what you can for guys like Bogo. The culture this club needs to change. Bring up Fasching and Nylander, get a stud defenseman for Kane.

Should have kept Nilsson. The guy has 2 so in 4 games for Canucks. He deserves more ice.

It’s tjmes like this that I really get mad at GMTM. We had soooooo many picks and he wasted soooo many.

Edited by rickshaw

Moves that need to be made.

Lehner move

Kane move ( sell high )

Reinhart

Moulson ( waive )

Bogosian ( made of glass )

These are changes that need to be made. Get what you can for guys like Bogo. The culture this club needs to change. Bring up Fasching and Nylander, get a stud defenseman for Kane.

Should have kept Nilsson. The guy has 2 so in 4 games for Canucks. He deserves more ice.

It’s tjmes like this that I really get mad at GMTM. We had soooooo many picks and he wasted soooo many.

There is no world in which we're getting a "stud" defenseman for Kane. At best you're getting a Larsson-level player. And Nylander just started skating again, and you want to call him up? Yeesh. Overreaction city.

I am having a really hard time figuring out how low expectations are when people are fine blowing a 3-1 and 4-3 lead to a slumping Penguins team. This fan base is officially battered beyond repair......

I'm with you man, this game was not ok, I thought we were sold a fast, mobile game... Instead we have non physical players, a terrible PP, and inability to close games out. I'm not ok with this games 3rd period

Still not a fan of the goaltender

Saw his post game presser, he's hot, which I get, but I fear Robin can't control his temper and that is not ok for a goalie

This game reminded me of the Bills games when we were winning by unsustainable levels of turnovers.

It never felt like we were going to win, even when we were up. It felt like it was only time before the Pens took over the scoreboard.

When we attacked, we had maybe one chance and play was turned the other way, but when Pens attacked there were 2-3 chances. The ice wasn’t lopsided, but the quality of the play was from what I could see.

And Jack, you got caught flat footed. Again. It’s a thing with you. Did you see the way Sid was tenacious on the puck? Yeah. You need to do that. Every. Fecking. Play.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.