GDT: Sabres @ Ducks, 9pm edt, MSG 10/15/17

LGR4GM

you're assuming they want to re-sign him

I assume your comment was tongue in cheek. They'd be dumb not to re-sign him. I imagine they'll be too far apart on a long term deal and he'll get a bridge contract which is fine. That will give us time to get rid of some more cap anchors (Gorges this year and Moulson next year).

I've looked at the replay several times and it looks pretty clear to me that he got a stick on it, but maybe it was the defender that was with him.

I agree. I rewatched the goal 5 times in the highlight package and it deflects off his stick into the other players leg/skate. 

I assume your comment was tongue in cheek. They'd be dumb not to re-sign him. I imagine they'll be too far apart on a long term deal and he'll get a bridge contract which is fine. That will give us time to get rid of some more cap anchors (Gorges this year and Moulson next year).

Not necessarily. he's a good player and I like him but not sure he deserves a long term deal

Why didn't Gibson get a penalty for diving? He actually jumped when Kane hit him. And why didn't Perry get a penalty for tripping Johnson?

Hey, if I bitch about officiating when the lose, I have to bitch about it when we win.

You really should look back at the penalty, Kane clearly clipped him. 

Edited by Huckleberry

Not necessarily. he's a good player and I like him but not sure he deserves a long term deal

He likely won't get one. Reinhart has been productive for us but I imagine he'd want good money to sign a long term contract and the risk of him not playing up to it would be high for the Sabres, so they'd naturally want to low ball him (especially given his slow start this season). Because of that a short term deal that still leaves him as a RFA at the end of it is probably the best option for both sides.

He likely won't get one. Reinhart has been productive for us but I imagine he'd want good money to sign a long term contract and the risk of him not playing up to it would be high for the Sabres, so they'd naturally want to low ball him (especially given his slow start this season). Because of that a short term deal that still leaves him as a RFA at the end of it is probably the best option for both sides.

Can't argue with any of this

You really should look back at the penalty, Kane clearly clipped him. 

Watch the corner cam. Kane clipped him, but he was well past him when you see his right leg buckle, in the opposite direction of the hit so that he could fall. He absolutely dove.

And that still doesn't explain why Perry didn't get a penalty for shoving Johnson's skate out from underneath him with his stick.

Edited by SwampD

If asked about it, I'm pretty sure Sam would say, "As long as it counts on our side, it doesn't matter who gets the credit."

But inside he's thinking "YES!  YES!  YES!"

Also, Sam's been a member of the team longer, and will probably have a much longer tenure with the team going forward, so it's like rooting for your son versus someone who just happens to be on your son's team.  :D

If asked about it, I'm pretty sure Sam would say, "As long as it counts on our side, it doesn't matter who gets the credit."

But inside he's thinking "YES!  YES!  YES!"

Also, Sam's been a member of the team longer, and will probably have a much longer tenure with the team going forward, so it's like rooting for your son versus someone who just happens to be on your son's team.  :D

I dunno. He's talented and proud (I assume). Is that really how someone wants to get off the schneid? 24 hours later, when that bug-eyed dude from the Florida recall gets called into Bettman's office and emerges 45 minutes later with the verdict?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.