ROR, what is happening?

StuckinFL

Maybe ROR is just sulking because he wasn't made captain. 

Or seeing this effort means they were right NOT to make him captain. 

I honestly think he is having trouble adjusting to the system. Give him time.  (meanwhile blame his diet if it makes you happy - lol)

Now I don't usually pay attention to much off ice gossip stuff, but given the car crash into the Tim's when we signed him is there a drinking problem? He wouldn't be the first. 

Maybe, having come here to be the big cheese, he sees the writing on the wall re: Eichel being The Man. #reach

Can't be this. He knew he'd be second fiddle to McDavid or Eichel when we tanked.  

I think it's simple. He doesn't fit the system and maybe being a stubborn veteran he doesn't learn a new system as easily. Old dog habits. He might not respect Housley's ideas fully. Might not respect Housley.  

Or maybe he had a cold or a fight with girlfriend early on?

Or maybe he just hasn't found his groove yet?

Why don't we give it 20 or 30 games before we start expecting him to be a 20 point Johan Larsson clone at seasons end.

Kinda like No one is expects Jason Pominville to score 40 goals.

It's called small sample size.

He was excellent but I still think he's a step slower than usual.

There was that partial breakaway the other night. I wasn't expecting Alex Mogilny foot speed, but I thought at least he'd get a shot off. He ended up against the wall like a player from electric football circa 1977.

Once they start getting to the right spots on the ice before the puck, they are going to look faster. That said, Bailey's actual skating speed is needed on this team. 

We're 2-3 years away, I think I see that now. Asplund, Mittelstadt, and Nylander all have to pan out too. We also need Pu or one of the later guys to make it. We also need to draft great over the next 2 years. Not sure if I am wrong or what but that's my feeling. 

Once they start getting to the right spots on the ice before the puck, they are going to look faster. That said, Bailey's actual skating speed is needed on this team. 

We're 2-3 years away, I think I see that now. Asplund, Mittelstadt, and Nylander all have to pan out too. We also need Pu or one of the later guys to make it. We also need to draft great over the next 2 years. Not sure if I am wrong or what but that's my feeling. 

I think he needs to stay here. He's so fast and he's not afraid of going straight to the dirty areas. At the very least he's disruptive. 

It seemed like there were flashes of ye olde ROR last night. He'd come into a pile up for the puck and skate away with it, or put a check on a guy and almost immediately have the puck. My rose-colored glasses say he's getting more comfortable with what the system does and his effective speed will increase as decision time goes down.

And yeah, I saw that break, I remember thinking he'd been out on the ice for awhile too.

It seemed like there were flashes of ye olde ROR last night. He'd come into a pile up for the puck and skate away with it, or put a check on a guy and almost immediately have the puck. My rose-colored glasses say he's getting more comfortable with what the system does and his effective speed will increase as decision time goes down.

And yeah, I saw that break, I remember thinking he'd been out on the ice for awhile too.

Someone in another thread mentioned that ROR is generally a slow starter for his first 10 games or so. The last few games have been much closer to what I expect from ROR every night.

Someone in another thread mentioned that ROR is generally a slow starter for his first 10 games or so. The last few games have been much closer to what I expect from ROR every night.

Slow starter.  Hs will always be a slow skater. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.