Where will Jack Eichel be ranked in overall scoring 2017/2018

LGR4GM

So in two seasons, Eichel has 

24 - 32 - 56

and

24 - 33 - 57

So, just taking last year (as both are essentially the same), 42% of Eichel's points are normally goals.

I'm going to say he gets 35 goals this year. So 35 / .42 gives Jack 83 points. That's 6th in last year. Not sure Marchand repeats that year though, or Scheifele, so I'll say Jack is the 5th overall scorer with 83 points.

Another way of looking at this, is Eichel had 57 points in 61 games, so .934 ppg. Over an 82 game season, that's 77 points.

You use which model you want for that, but I'm going to lean towards 83 points. 

Edited by WildCard

I'm going to say he gets 35 goals this year. So 35 / .42 gives Jack 83 points. That's 6th in last year. Not sure Marchand repeats that year though, or Scheifele, so I'll say Jack is the 5th overall scorer with 83 points.

Another way of looking at this, is Eichel had 57 points in 61 games, so .934 ppg. Over an 82 game season, that's 77 points.

You use which model you want for that, but I'm going to lean towards 83 points. 

My range is 75-85 for a full season. 5-12th. 

giphy.gif

I think Jack right now is a PPG guy, or slightly below, maybe slightly above.  

So, I expect 80 to 85 points from Jack this coming season.  That would be top 5 last season and likely top 5 - 7 next season.

Baring unforeseen situations developing I am going to say top 10 for sure and likely top 7 and top 5 being possible.

Going forward I'd expect Eich to be a better than a PPG guy and will be top 5 every year for about 10 seasons.

Top scorer, no question, and anyone who says otherwise is just a negative Nancy. Even McDavid, Crosby, and Kane will line up to wash his balls. He'll put up numbers that will put Gretzky to shame in the golden age of scoring.

No one will come close to the greatness of Eichel until Mittelstadt enters the league and easily outscores him while curing AIDS in his free time. He'll then simultaneously be named King of America and Pope at the same time (despite not even being Catholic) and then he'll vanquish Kim Jong Un, Putin, and ISIS with a simple deke and slapshot. And that's just one deke and slapshot to defeat all 3. They don't deserve to each get their own.

Edited by Drunkard

Top scorer, no question, and anyone who says otherwise is just a negative Nancy. Even McDavid, Crosby, and Kane will line up to wash his balls. He'll put up numbers that will put Gretzky to shame in the golden age of scoring.

No one will come close to the greatness of Eichel until Mittelstadt enters the league and easily outscores him while curing AIDS in his free time. He'll then simultaneously be named King of America and Pope at the same time (despite not even being Catholic) and then he'll vanquish Kim Jong Un, Putin, and ISIS with a simple deke and slapshot. And that's just one deke and slapshot to defeat all 3. They don't deserve to each get their own.

Well, now you are just being silly.

No one messes with Putie.

The bigger question is can he stay healthy for an entire season? If yes, then yes, he can.

Jack proved he can play at almost a point per game pace after coming back from the ankle injury. He's also got another year of experience under his belt. If he stays healthy he'll be around a PPG, I'm gonna be optimistic and say 90 points for Jack this year, good for somewhere in the top 5.

Why?

2 reasons.

1 - New system integration will negatively impact offensive production across the board for most of the first half of the season.

2 - Housley's system relies less on forwards to generate offense than Bylsma's system.

Any decline due to system will be offset by Eichel being one year older, thus one year closer to "Certified G" status.

He's already a certifiable G, IMO.    

Edited by pi2000

2 reasons.

1 - New system integration will negatively impact offensive production across the board for most of the first half of the season.

2 - Housley's system relies less on forwards to generate offense than Bylsma's system.

I don't think #1 happens.  I do think #2 is a real possibility, but we have no clue what system Housley has in store for us.  His coaching in Nashville was predicated on what his head coach wanted.  Phil may have other ideas when left to his own devices.

2 reasons.

1 - It's going to be near impossible to be offensively worse than we were last year. No amount of system changes can make our offense worse.

2 - Housely's system? What do you know about Housley's system? We haven't seen HCPH coach a single game at this point. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.