Marco Scandella/Jason Pominville traded to Sabres for Ennis/Foligno

Brawndo

In other news, d4rk gets his wish: No way Gionta is brought back.

Pommers > Gio

Everyone seems to be forgetting Guhle.  He should be in the mix.

I think this all but guarantees he spends the year in Roch.

What was MIN's motivation here?

Cap space?

How much did they gain, exactly?

Foligno is an RFA, so I'm not sure what his # will be.

Love this trade. Scandella slots in nicely as a solid 4/5 guy (like, a real one, not Justin Falk, let alone Josh Gorges) and Pommer is still an upgrade over Foligno or Ennis.

Foligno's (and Carrier's, for that matter) physicality is going to be missed at some point if not replaced by guys like Bailey and Fasching.   

Pommers > Gio

Cap space?

Depending, I think hey save around 3.5-4 million. Off the top of my head. 

But unless Ennis becomes rookie year/tank year ennis, they easily lose on value.

Pommers > Gio

Cap space?

I hadn't even considered the effect on Gio. Yes, I like it even more now.

This is an interesting trade. Minnesota dumped 34 yr old Pominville's huge contract and Scandella coming off hip surgery to Buffalo for 27 yr old concussion prone Ennis and 25 yr old power forward Foligno. Plus Buffalo gives up a 3rd round pick and Minn gives up a 4th round pick.

Personally, I believe Pominville's best days are way behind him so adding his huge salary for two more years is puzzling to me. Scandella is a question mark based on his hip problem. Ennis is also a question mark based on his concussions. If Ennis avoids further injury he has the potential to be the best player in this deal. He has the most upside. Foligno apparently does not fit the style of play the new Sabres are planning to employ.

There is no way to know how this trade eventually works out at this point. If Scandella becomes a solid top 4 defenseman for many years, I believe the Sabres will be pleased with the deal.

Imagine if we can grab Demers for a 2nd or something, and magically find a way to dump Bogo. 

Scandella-Risto

McCabe-Demers (McCabe has a guy on the second pair to lean on, which is what he needs the most to fulfill his potential IMO)

Beaulieu-Antipin (shelter heavily and see what kind of offensive damage they can do)

And then

Girgensons - Eichel - Pominville 

LW - ROR - Okposo

Kane - Reinhart - Baptiste 

Fasching - Larsson - Bailey? 

Play with ROR's left wing and Larsson's wingers a bit, maybe sign a cheap vet to fill those roles. 

PLAYOFFS BBY

This is an interesting trade. Minnesota dumped 34 yr old Pominville's huge contract and Scandella coming off hip surgery to Buffalo for 27 yr old concussion prone Ennis and 25 yr old power forward Foligno. Plus Buffalo gives up a 3rd round pick and Minn gives up a 4th round pick.

Personally, I believe Pominville's best days are way behind him so adding his huge salary for two more years is puzzling to me. Scandella is a question mark based on his hip problem. Ennis is also a question mark based on his concussions. If Ennis avoids further injury he has the potential to be the best player in this deal. He has the most upside. Foligno apparently does not fit the style of play the new Sabres are planning to employ.

There is no way to know how this trade eventually works out at this point. If Scandella becomes a solid top 4 defenseman for many years, I believe the Sabres will be pleased with the deal.

I don't see this at all

Scandella was one of the Wild's best offensive defensivemen

Pominville will slide into Gionta's spot but he'll be 35 when the season starts

Going to miss Foligno's physicallity

Wish Ennis well but he hasn't been the same in 2 years

If Scandella comes back healthy, this is a WIN for us

Love it.

Good luck Marcus and Tyler. I'd say we just traded the last remnants of Darcy's team, but we got Pommers back so...

NO MORE GORGES!!!

Indubitably.

Scandella was one of the Wild's best offensive defensivemen

Pominville will slide into Gionta's spot but he'll be 35 when the season starts

Going to miss Foligno's physicallity

Wish Ennis well but he hasn't been the same in 2 years

If Scandella comes back healthy, this is a WIN for us

Expected to be ready for season.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.