Around the NHL 2017

spndnchz

One doesn't nudge Ken Hitchcock.

true but Dallas is a mess and blamed Lindy now Hitch...how a team with so much talent keeps missing the playoffs. Another team with huge goalie issues and defense for that matter. Just goes to show that even with lots of talent there is no sure bet. so many variables go into a team excelling or failing

Calgary fires their coaching staff.

Hartley wins the Jack Adams, and they fire him the next year. Then they fire Gulutzan after two years too. Good ol' fashion show up in Alberta with Burke/Treveling and MacTavish/Chiarelli seeing who can ruin young star talent the fastest 

Hartley wins the Jack Adams, and they fire him the next year. Then they fire Gulutzan after two years too. Good ol' fashion ###### show up in Alberta with Burke/Treveling and MacTavish/Chiarelli seeing who can ruin young star talent the fastest

Crazy isn't it?

I had a Panik Face joke lined up, but I don't find his mugshot that interesting, as Internet mugshots go. In fact, it's downright normal. It could be his team headshot.

“Brad Treliving won a gold medal at the world championships with Bill Peters. And I know there’s a lot of talk about Darryl Sutter and I think Darryl Sutter is a favorite of ownership. I think there potentially are some other candidates.

“But I think at this point in time if you were asking me to say who my No. 1 candidate for the job would be, it would be Bill Peters, who has to let the Carolina Hurricanes know his intentions by Friday or his window closes. I think he’s likely the guy.”

As the conversation on 650 continued, Alain Vigneault’s availability was noted. He was recently fired as the head coach of the New York Rangers, and Friedman was asked if his being on the market might impact coaching uncertainty in Edmonton, Ottawa, or even in New York with the Islanders.

“I think his situation is in Dallas for sure,” noted Friedman. “I mean, they’re a team that really liked him once and almost hired him and he took the Rangers job. So I’ve got to think he would be a contender there.

“I think also there’s still going to be some other situations that potentially open up here. I’m looking at Anaheim down 3-0 to San Jose and I’m wondering what’s going to happen there.

“We still don’t have clarity on Edmonton. I expect that Todd McLellan will be back. I don’t know that, but I expect it. But we don’t know the answer yet.

“We don’t know the answer yet in Ottawa. If Bill Peters leaves, there’s going to be an opening in Carolina. Washington we’re all wondering about. It seems that if Trotz is out, Reirden will be the next coach.

“I think there’s some situations we’re waiting on clarity for; but if you look at the ones that are out there now, I would think the one that he would probably have the best shot would be Dallas. But that doesn’t mean that I think it’s his only chance.”

- Friedman

https://www.fanragsports.com/nhl/friedman-peters-likely-the-guy-for-flames/

Edited by Jokertecken

Dreger and Friedman speculating there will be major shakeups in Anaheim given their postseason performance

They looked slow... same with the Kings.... but anybody facing the Knights will look slow.     

My Ducks sources (an employee and a player) says Bob Murray is an idiot.       

They looked slow... same with the Kings.... but anybody facing the Knights will look slow.     

My Ducks sources (an employee and a player) says Bob Murray is an idiot.       

Ducks average age is 29. They need to get younger and faster. 

McKenzie says he would not be surprised if Bill Peters tells the Hurricanes he would like to exercise his exit clause today, Lot of talk surrounding Peters and the Calgary Flames, nothing official yet.

He's going to the same roster lol

The final note worth passing along from Friday’s conversation involved Ryan O’Reilly and the possibility of the Flames acquiring him, who could then ice Monahan, O’Reilly, and Backlund down the middle.

“That’s not bad,” agreed Friedman. “One, what’s it going to cost you. I mean, it’s going to be a lot. Centers are hard to find. If I’m Montreal, I’m doing everything I can to get Ryan O’Reilly, but what do you have to give up. It’s not going to be cheap, even with his contract, which is a little different – it’s kind of bonus-heavy. Calgary can handle that. It’s still going to cost you a lot to get him. So I mean yes, I would be interested, but at what price.”

O’Reilly will be headed into the third season of his seven-year, $52.5 million contract in 2018-19. His cap hit is $7.5 million and as Friedman alluded, the center’s base salary is only $1 million per season. $18 million of O’Reilly’s contract was paid out in bonus money over the first two years.

He does not have any trade protection written into that pact.

https://www.fanragsports.com/nhl/friedman-eyes-potential-offseason-nhl-changes/

Any trade of ROR to Calgary starts with them offering Tkachuk. I would ask for Valimaki as well. 

Mc Kenzie

Expectation is head coach Bill Peters will today exercise his option (which expires today) to leave CAR to pursue other coaching opportunities.

Bill Peters resigns as coach of the Carolina Hurricanes.

Any trade of ROR to Calgary starts with them offering Tkachuk. I would ask for Valimaki as well. 

Bill Peters resigns as coach of the Carolina Hurricanes.

Sweet. Now the Hurricanes are going to blow next year. One less eastern team to contend with

And I'd be ecstatic with that trade

Edited by Jokertecken

Bill Peters the next #flames coach ? Lots of people in the hockey world are expecting that.

Sweet. Now the Hurricanes are going to blow next year. One less eastern team to contend with

And I'd be ecstatic with that trade

Seems highly unlikely. I bet it would be Bennett is tossed in somehow and Tkachuk is not going anywhere. 

Bill Peters the next #flames coach ? Lots of people in the hockey world are expecting that.

Seems highly unlikely. I bet it would be Bennett is tossed in somehow and Tkachuk is not going anywhere. 

I'd be miserable with that deal. I want nothing to do with Bennett. Some sort of established player needs to be coming back if RoR is moved IMO

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.