Around the NHL 2017

spndnchz

why wouldnt it have been blown dead? Guess stuck in goalies skate isnt considered covered? Weird.

That's good point. At the same time, it's not unlike if the goalie has the puck in his glove and then puts it into the net. Maybe the lesson is, if you don't know where the puck is, don't put anything into the net just in case.

That's good. Even cancer couldn't stand the guy.

I have a bit of a problem with his message of "be tough and you'll beat it." What does it say about those who don't beat it?

But I suppose if anyone's entitled to an opinion about cancer, it's someone who had it.

That's good. Even cancer couldn't stand the guy.

I have a bit of a problem with his message of "be tough and you'll beat it." What does it say about those who don't beat it?

But I suppose if anyone's entitled to an opinion about cancer, it's someone who had it.

Of course you have a problem with it.  Because you wouldn't just wish the guy well, you'd find a way to twist a phrase and knock someone down a bit.

You want help interpreting the phrase (you did ask after all).  It means that when you are diagnosed you can certainly give up and almost certainly you will struggle more with the treatment.  You may give up all hope and still beat it.  However, if you are strong against it.  If you don't give up you will give yourself a better chance to beat cancer.  It doesn't mean cancer isn't a full on bitch and it might kill you anyway.  It just means that your best odds are to remain upbeat about the prognosis of beating cancer and stay committed to that. 

Of course you have a problem with it.  Because you wouldn't just wish the guy well, you'd find a way to twist a phrase and knock someone down a bit.

You want help interpreting the phrase (you did ask after all).  It means that when you are diagnosed you can certainly give up and almost certainly you will struggle more with the treatment.  You may give up all hope and still beat it.  However, if you are strong against it.  If you don't give up you will give yourself a better chance to beat cancer.  It doesn't mean cancer isn't a full on bitch and it might kill you anyway.  It just means that your best odds are to remain upbeat about the prognosis of beating cancer and stay committed to that. 

No twisting. Eddie claims to have "beaten" cancer. He attributes his result to his toughness and tells others in the same situation that if they believe they're going to beat it, they will. I'm just asking what that says about those who lose the battle?

No twisting. Eddie claims to have "beaten" cancer. He attributes his result to his toughness and tells others in the same situation that if they believe they're going to beat it, they will. I'm just asking what that says about those who lose the battle?

I think you are taking the things people say way too literally (maybe better stated to say you take the things you've read about what was said).  IMO the vast majority of the population does not have sufficient grasp of the language to be taken literally.  It was a one short sentence quote.

Big fight at Jets practice today. Much bigger than Kane's altercation here with Falk that had Jets fans lambasting Kane as a cancer...

I'm sure this will be framed completely differently, though.

Kane scuffles, he's a cancer. Blake Wheeler and Ben Chariot do it, by god that's leadership!

The fact that the Sabres didn't offer Kaner a new deal and they only had one offer on him should tell you all you need to know. Hell, Myers would get more back than Kaner did.

maybe but I think the Sabres will let Nelson walk and he will be very good on someone like the Bruins. Just because we got nothing for Kane means nothing. We are good at losing good players for nothing (they are all over the league on different teams). I agree that the fight between Wheeler and Chariot will be looked at as a "positive" while everything Kane does (or did) was viewed as "negative".

Holy smokes people we got what a rental gets ya. The BS train never stops.

Come on, Ink., Shrodinger's Kane was simultaneously a tremendous asset to any team that was worth multiple first rounds picks and also a locker room cancer that never saw an open linemate that he instead opted to ignore and shoot on near the net.

Lehtonen w/ a "Lehner Special" from Virtanen along the boards @ the lower hash mark & somehow it went between Kari & the near post. Nucks up 3-1 over Dallas w/ about 9 left to play.

The ENTIRE building (including Lehtonen) was looking up at the Jumbotron w/ the 'WTF just happened' look in their eyes. Well, everyone but the Canucks & Hitchcock. He looked like he needs more bran in his diet.

Henrik Sedin has 3 goals and 40something assists this year.

Of players who have played 1000 games, he has the highest percentage of his points in assists, including the defensemen (he narrowly beats out Lidstrom) with 77% of his career points being assists.

Also, it's a good thing I didn't grab Stars playoff tickets a few weeks ago. 

Winnipeg is 46-19. I'd say they won the trade.

Quick, poor man's evaluation: Stafford was productive for a while, then moved on; Myers is having a very good season; Armia is chipping in; Lemieux is almost a point a game player in the AHL; and the draft pick, Roslovic, was called up and got his first NHL goal in January.

The Sabres sit here with virtually nothing to show for the trade. Danny O'Regan, I guess. Is Kasdorf anything?

Quick, poor man's evaluation: Stafford was productive for a while, then moved on; Myers is having a very good season; Armia is chipping in; Lemieux is almost a point a game player in the AHL; and the draft pick, Roslovic, was called up and got his first NHL goal in January.

The Sabres sit here with virtually nothing to show for the trade. Danny O'Regan, I guess. Is Kasdorf anything?

Kasdorf, what a joke. As they say in Canada, we got hosed.

Jean-Luc Grand-Pierre @JLGP34 3h3 hours ago

Jean-Luc Grand-Pierre Retweeted John Vogl

Dear @BuffaloSabres , hook a brother up!

John VoglVerified account @BuffNewsVogl

After 19 pro seasons, former Sabres defenseman Christian Ehrhoff retires. He'll get $857,143 per year from Buffalo for another decade.

Winnipeg is 46-19. I'd say they won the trade.

Sure, but their current record has little to do with that trade.

Probably a little more to do with icing Scheifele, Wheeler, Laine, Ehlers, Connor, Little, and Hellebuyck having a vezina type season.

I’m pretty sure they’ve contributed as much as Joel Armia and Tyler Myers.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.