Expansion draft and league-wide wheeling and dealing

Brawndo

Why is that any worse than Dave Tippett becoming an assistant, which is something I hear all the time?

I just don't see Lindy as second banana to anyone so soon after being head coach for 20 years. On the other hand, maybe he just needs to burrow himself into the NYR organization and get a cushy job upstairs.

I just don't see Lindy as second banana to anyone so soon after being head coach for 20 years. On the other hand, maybe he just needs to burrow himself into the NYR organization and get a cushy job upstairs.

Hitchcock did it.

That Hamonic trade makes no sense to me. The Islanders went out and got Eberle for win now, then traded Hamonic for the future? Why?

Also

DarrenDreger
There is trade interest in Phaneuf from outside his list, so Sens are in discussion with Newport to see if Dion is willing to be flexible

That Hamonic trade makes no sense to me. The Islanders went out and got Eberle for win now, then traded Hamonic for the future? Why?

Also

DarrenDreger

There is trade interest in Phaneuf from outside his list, so Sens are in discussion with Newport to see if Dion is willing to be flexible

I think Eberle is a shiny new toy to convince Tavares to stay

I think Eberle is a shiny new toy to convince Tavares to stay

I think so too, but they still have conflicting messages to him to stay by moving Hamonic for that package. Tavares can light it up with Eberle all he wants, but if that team continues to suck, it won't matter

I think so too, but they still have conflicting messages to him to stay by moving Hamonic for that package. Tavares can light it up with Eberle all he wants, but if that team continues to suck, it won't matter

I'm with you, for sure. You won't catch me arguing that it makes any sense. At the start of the year, there were plenty of rumors about Hamonic's unhappiness. He seems like an incredible guy, so I find it hard to believe he'd be a negative influence in the locker room. But maybe it was best for the player and obviously the return was good, even if the timing isn't sensical.

I'm with you, for sure. You won't catch me arguing that it makes any sense. At the start of the year, there were plenty of rumors about Hamonic's unhappiness. He seems like an incredible guy, so I find it hard to believe he'd be a negative influence in the locker room. But maybe it was best for the player and obviously the return was good, even if the timing isn't sensical.

Good points, you very well could be right there

First glance, Tavares doesn't sign in NY.

He gets traded before the deadline

Eberle is a good player, but they just weakened their defense for futures.

No way is he a deadline deal. He's going to stay with the Island, just like every player like him in his situation always does, every time. And he's going to waste away there and do nothing. 

The only single other team I could see getting him would be Detroit

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.