Expansion draft and league-wide wheeling and dealing

Brawndo

Convince me why you move move a better center to wing to play Sam at center.

I would label prime Henrik as dynamic. and he had dynamic wingers too. I would argue that Bergeron had much better wing support as well. Sam isn't getting that kind of winger support unless you slide him in to Jack or ROR's role and move the better center to wing. Why would you do that?

How can I convince anyone if he's not given a substantial chance at 2C? That's exactly what I'm advocating for. Can't prove it to you without trying it.

You haven't said why at all.  You have said move Sam to 2nd center, which means ROR moves to wing (I assume).  I am asking why you would move the better center to wing.

Short term pain for long term gain. The idea that Sam Reinhart, a guy drafted #2 overall and led the WJC in points, on a team with the likes of McDavid, has the ability to develop into a better offensive centre than ROR.

You haven't said why at all. You have said move Sam to 2nd center, which means ROR moves to wing (I assume). I am asking why you would move the better center to wing.

Because ROR plays just fine at lw, and can still have faceoffs. Sam is who we are wasting not ROR. ROR can play either. He does great at lw in both the nhl and internationally. You talk as if he doesnt.

How can I convince anyone if he's not given a substantial chance at 2C? That's exactly what I'm advocating for. Can't prove it to you without trying it.

I don't get the logic at all of moving a center with Team Canada credentials that most on here characterize as Selke Trophy level as well.  It doesn't make sense.  We wouldn't advocate moving Drury to wing.  Or Michael Peca.  That is what you are suggesting,

I don't get the logic at all of moving a center with Team Canada credentials that most on here characterize as Selke Trophy level as well.  It doesn't make sense.  We wouldn't advocate moving Drury to wing.  Or Michael Peca.  That is what you are suggesting,

You mean the center who plays wing for team Canada? 

You mean the center who plays wing for team Canada? 

Yes.  That's the one.  The 3rd best center on the team that is more valuable on the wing in that role.  Perfect example.

Take your medicine now, let him go through that development cocoon, to emerge as that beautiful butterfly.

Sam Reinhart does have a non-zero chance of developing into a better player than ROR.

He's developed into a terrific winger.  There is no need for backward steps now.

I don't get the logic at all of moving a center with Team Canada credentials that most on here characterize as Selke Trophy level as well. It doesn't make sense. We wouldn't advocate moving Drury to wing. Or Michael Peca. That is what you are suggesting,

He did well for Avs at lw in 2013. He transitions to it very well. No dropoff long term.

Get the wingers and I'm open. you can't do it in a vacuum though.

At least as it stands, Kane.

O'Reilly-Okposo

Eichel-Nylander (F the haters!)

Reinhart-Kane

That's my skeleton. Move around whatever as needed. I don't think the 3rd player on any of those lines has to be especially special. Shop the bargain UFA bin for the Lee Stempniaks of the world.

At least as it stands, Kane.

O'Reilly-Okposo

Eichel-Nylander (F the haters!)

Reinhart-Kane

That's my skeleton. Move around whatever as needed. I don't think the 3rd player on any of those lines has to be especially special. Shop the bargain UFA bin for the Lee Stempniaks of the world.

If Nylander is ready, I'm open to it.  I don't think he's ready.  And you're trading Kane anyway, so then what?

Maybe seeing Kane on Reinhart's wing for an extended period of time will convince me he's worth what I think he's seeking :)

I'll convert you one player at a time. Bogo's contract is long enough that I'll get around to him too.  :D

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.