Rumor: LA Kings interested in Evander Kane

LGR4GM

So..... nobody that we know can actually play the position at a high level.

Seems like a good idea.

When has Kane out performed Anisimov on a consistent basis? Kane top level may be higher, but he hasn't performed to it.

Anisimov has average over 40 pts a season in his career with a low of 36 pts in a full season (other then rookie year) and a high of 45.

Kane has a high of 57 pts, 6 years ago, and had his 2nd best season of 43 pts last year and he can't stay healthy.

Please don't give me the bs that Anisimov played with Kane and Toews. He performed at a similar level with the Rags and Cbs and they didn't have Toews and Kane. Kane played with ROR and Eichel.

Edited by GASabresFan

When has Kane out performed Anisimov on a consistent basis? Kane top level may be higher, but he hasn't performed to it.

Anisimov has average over 40 pts a season in his career with a low of 36 pts in a full season (other then rookie year) and a high of 45.

Kane has a high of 57 pts, 6 years ago, and had his 2nd best season of 43 pts last year and he can't stay healthy.

Please don't give me the bs that Anisimov played with Kane and Toews. He performed at a similar level with the Rags and Cbs and they didn't have Toews and Kane. Kane played with ROR and Eichel.

Is he on the Sabres roster?  Otherwise, we got nuthin to replace Kane with.

Kane is a better player in a position of more need.

Pass.

Anisimov plays both LW and center, and while Kane maybe the more talented player and he has not performed to that talent level. 

Anisimov, over the last 2 years : 141gm 42g 45a 87pts

Kane, over the last 2 years: 135gm 48g, 30a 78pts

The other benefit is Anisimov is signed for 4 more season at 4.5 per season

Kane has one year left at 5.75 and if Jbot is working so hard to trade him then I have to assume Kane said he won't re-sign here. 

Edited by GASabresFan

So I know Brayden Schenn scores more points than Kane, but Kane scores just as many goals and in my view brings a lot more other elements to his game. Schenn is a year younger and has two years left on a slightly smaller contract.

I'd say the same about Jordan Eberle, who is a year older and has two years left on a slightly bigger contract.

Given the returns of those two players, does the board think a 2nd and a B prospect is all we'd get for Kane?

Edited by dudacek

So I know Brayden Schenn scores more points than Kane, but Kane scores just as many goals and in my view brings a lot more other elements to his game. Schenn is a year younger and has two years left on a slightly smaller contract.

I'd say the same about Jordan Eberle, who is a year older and has two years left on a slightly bigger contract.

Given the returns of those two players, does the board think a 2nd and a B prospect is all we'd get for Kane?

Thank you.

Kane also gets hurt every year, and fair or not, has the stigma of off-ice problems.

I can see a Kane/Scandella scenario going down this weekend.

Yuck.  I am so not a fan of his game.  He's also been extremely "unlucky / injury prone" the past few seasons.  I'd only move him there for Brodin or Dumba plus.  No thank you on Scandella!  But, that's just my jaded opinion.

Yuck.  I am so not a fan of his game.  He's also been extremely "unlucky / injury prone" the past few seasons.  I'd only move him there for Brodin or Dumba plus.  No thank you on Scandella!  But, that's just my jaded opinion.

Lots of chatter about Wild moving a D today.

It might me one of the others.

Kings continue to search hard for a top-line winger. Their goal is to bring one in soon, preferably a LW.

Per David Pagnotta

Dennis Bernstein

From one team executive: Stay Away

“He’s the guy everyone in the locker room hates. As much as he is skilled, you’re talking about issues, maybe if you have a strong room, but I would not move a significant asset for him because he will stir the pot with his teammates. He’s the Jeremy Giambi of hockey; I wouldn’t give more than a third-round pick for him...

Kings continue to search hard for a top-line winger. Their goal is to bring one in soon, preferably a LW.

Per David Pagnotta

Dennis Bernstein

“He’s the guy everyone in the locker room hates. As much as he is skilled, you’re talking about issues, maybe if you have a strong room, but I would not move a significant asset for him because he will stir the pot with his teammates. He’s the Jeremy Giambi of hockey; I wouldn’t give more than a third-round pick for him...

If he really is that difficult to move I wonder if that would give us leverage in a contract extension negotiation? Would be kind of awkward though; um Evander, we couldn't trade you cause other GMs think youre a bad locker room presence. How about 4x5 and call it a day lol.

Per David Pagnotta

Dennis Bernstein

What kind of team would that even fit? I can only think of  SJ that fits the criteria of strong room, win now, can afford him. 

It's going to have to be a team with a strong leadership group.  Chicago, Bos and Pitt come to mind.  Maybe LA with Brown, Kopitar and Carter. 

I remember when Bobby Bonilla and Gary Sheffield came to the Braves with similar reputations.  Smoltz, Chipper, Glavine and Maddux explained to them how things worked in the Braves clubhouse and both were actually excellent on and off the field here.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.