2017 Stanley Cup Final NSH vs PIT

Brawndo

In theory, once the whistle blows, the players stop playing, so all bets are off.

That said, what could the referees have been discussing? As bad as that was, the whistle clearly blew before the puck crossed the line.

I think you could have a limit based on reaction time. How long does it take players to react to a whistle? Half a second? More? Allow an early whistle to be overturned if the puck ends up in the net within that timeframe?

I think you could have a limit based on reaction time. How long does it take players to react to a whistle? Half a second? More? Allow an early whistle to be overturned if the puck ends up in the net within that timeframe?

With that play, it seemed like it didn't matter. I think I heard the whistle as Sissons tapped the puck into the net. That was a classic bang-bang play.

Edited by Buffalo Wings

That's two years in a row Matt Murray got ######. He was their best player both times.

Can't really give Murray that honor as Fleury played the first two series for them and stole the Caps series

Yup.

It had to be Sid, like him or hate him. True, Malkin had 1 more point, but Crosby is Mr. Everything for the Pens.

Only the 3rd player ever with back to back Smythes. Taking his place in the upper echelon of NHL greats.

I still think game one was stolen from Nashville and this game was a screw job on a bad call, did it change the cup winner..... Not necessarily... Rinne choked hard, I had it streaming at work and after the empty net goal I had to shut it off....crappy night with annoying patients, mixed with lack of sleep and Pittsburgh winning.... Blah, time to Goo home to beer thirty

I still think game one was stolen from Nashville and this game was a screw job on a bad call, did it change the cup winner..... Not necessarily... Rinne choked hard, I had it streaming at work and after the empty net goal I had to shut it off....crappy night with annoying patients, mixed with lack of sleep and Pittsburgh winning.... Blah, time to Goo home to beer thirty

Envious, got hot here and now everyone is blowing fuses at 2:30 in the morning in the ER.  Haven't stopped moving much since I walked in.  Gonna be one of those nights...

Envious, got hot here and now everyone is blowing fuses at 2:30 in the morning in the ER. Haven't stopped moving much since I walked in. Gonna be one of those nights...

Is it going to be a night of CTA's on repeat? Seemed to be the flavor of our ED tonight. Lot of pens fans down in the southern tier and it was annoying lol

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.