2017 Stanley Cup Final NSH vs PIT

Brawndo

My friend who sits below me at Preds games (I'm front row club level, he is last row of the lower bowl) sold his pair of tickets to both Game 3 and Game 4 for $10,000 ($2,500 per ticket). Honestly though, no amount of money would have been worth missing out on the spectacle and excitement and experience that was Brigestone Arena on Saturday and last night. It's the sort of thing I'll remember for the rest of my life. Words cannot describe the energy and excitement in that building.

BTW - met Charles Barkley at a place called Barlines before the game. He was just chilling at the bar. Good dude.

:blink:  I'd sell for that kind of cash, game 6 I would go though.

:blink:  I'd sell for that kind of cash, game 6 I would go though.

I agree (especially after they didn't win games 1 and 2, so they couldn't win the series in four.)  Of course, if that's what games 3 and 4 went for, how much will game 6 go for if they win game 5?  I wouldn't even look, as it would be too tempting and there's no way that I'd want to miss a possible.series clincher (or even a must-win to force game 7.)

I know the narrative right now is how great Nashville's arena experience and crowd are, and how great the scene outside is, and that's great. They are and it is.

But I just got done watching last nights game, and maybe because I already knew the outcome, all I could think was, Pittsburgh's crowd and scene outside the arena is every bit as great as Nashville's.

And I believe Buffalo's scene would be every bit as crazy.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't need a bunch of choreographed "You suck"s to think that a crowd is into the game or not.

Edit:just thought I should mention that I really want Nashville to win, cuz, ###### the Pittsburgh.

I'm with you, at least when it comes to the scripted chants.  So many people look at that and see passion.  Many times, I just see robots or sheep.  I'm not necessarily saying that's the case in Nashville, but I've definitely seen it many times, particularly in college arenas.

Re the chants and such.

Years ago - like soon after I first was posting here - I recall reading some posts to the effect that Nashville's hockey scene was sorta corny. That they had these college-esque coordinated chants (btw, I went to dozens of D-1 college hockey games back in the day, and we did ALL of those chants that the NSH crowd does) and a house band playing all the time. I recall someone saying that all of that was fun, sure, but also maybe a bit scripted and, again, corny.

Ten years or so later, and it seems like Nashville's efforts have taken hold and borne fruit.

Re the chants and such.

Years ago - like soon after I first was posting here - I recall reading some posts to the effect that Nashville's hockey scene was sorta corny. That they had these college-esque coordinated chants (btw, I went to dozens of D-1 college hockey games back in the day, and we did ALL of those chants that the NSH crowd does) and a house band playing all the time. I recall someone saying that all of that was fun, sure, but also maybe a bit scripted and, again, corny.

Ten years or so later, and it seems like Nashville's efforts have taken hold and borne fruit.

Corny is fun. I would like more corn at my Sabres games. 

Instead we get to watch 4 year old Jason fill in the blanks for the word "S_bretoo_h" and have Lauren Hall give them a high five and a coupon for getting it right. 

Darn those families and their annoying children. Clearly what we are missing is vulgar college chants.

Darn those families and their annoying children. Clearly what we are missing is vulgar college chants.

I don't mind a couple small kid-centered things, but the way they set up the game day experience, focused on children and families, is a huge reason why there is no atmosphere at Sabres games. 

I don't mind a couple small kid-centered things, but the way they set up the game day experience, focused on children and families, is a huge reason why there is no atmosphere at Sabres games. 

If you're talking weekend afternoon games then yeah, it is pretty family focused and rightfully so. Pretty sure if we were in the playoffs it would be very, very different than a typical Saturday 3 pm regular season game.

Stay home.

Move to Nashville.

It's the sole reason Anaheim sucks

Who the is paying that much money to take a kid to a playoff game anyways?

Edited by WildCard

Dude with family here including 5 year old son, 8 year old daughter who both regularly attend games. I do not think either kid enjoys those "family friendly" interactives on the Jumobtron. On the other hand, both kids enjoy the Let's Go Buffalo chants and Sabretooth hitting the drum. They want to be involved in the game, not have quizzes or house party music blasted in their ears. My son instinctively covers his ears after every whistle! More organ, more chants, more focus on the game which is why my son in particular asks for tickets. He, like me, loves the game and hates the noise around it.  

How old were you went you began to understand and follow the game well? I'd probably say for me it was in the 4th grade range. Right around 9 or 10 years old.

Point is, little kids (6 and under) in the arena don't bother me. I behave how I want. I just don't understand the point of bringing them. Other than it being a waste of money, it's a complete chore of a time making sure they're behaving.

I know the narrative right now is how great Nashville's arena experience and crowd are, and how great the scene outside is, and that's great. They are and it is.

But I just got done watching last nights game, and maybe because I already knew the outcome, all I could think was, Pittsburgh's crowd and scene outside the arena is every bit as great as Nashville's.

And I believe Buffalo's scene would be every bit as crazy.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't need a bunch of choreographed "You suck"s to think that a crowd is into the game or not.

Edit:just thought I should mention that I really want Nashville to win, cuz, ###### the Pittsburgh.

I can only assume you're filling the contrarian void. I'll bite. We had fifty thousand people at three downtown viewing parties, and other viewing parties across middle Tennessee. When the sabres were in the finals I don't remember fifth thousand showing up in downtown Buffalo. I don't remember viewing parties in Olean, North Tonawanda or Niagara Falls. I don't remember seeing anything like this in ANY NHL city, and the contrast between Nashville and Pittsburgh is quite obvious. again, I can only assume you're filling the contrarian void. 

If you're talking weekend afternoon games then yeah, it is pretty family focused and rightfully so. Pretty sure if we were in the playoffs it would be very, very different than a typical Saturday 3 pm regular season game.

Move to Nashville.

Seriously, stay home. Let adults have like...one place on this planet where there aren't stupid kids. 

Seriously, stay home. Let adults have like...one place on this planet where there aren't stupid kids. 

Bars, strip clubs etc are adult only. Not hockey games. If you despise children that is your own sociopathic difficulty.

You are so bitter about Nashville it makes me wonder why you venture into this thread every day.  You know you are going to hear about the crowd and the city.  You know it's going to annoy you.  Do you want that kind of angst in your life?  In addition, what's the the desire to spread your negativity over it?  Do you want others to share in the misery you are creating for yourself?  

I'm honestly curious.  Each day you are in here commenting about how you dislike Nashville.

Stupid kids.. you were the stupid kid once.  You aren't infected by them.  Stupid adults are far worse than stupid kids... because adults at least have developed their brains.. in theory.

You are so bitter about Nashville it makes me wonder why you venture into this thread every day.  You know you are going to hear about the crowd and the city.  You know it's going to annoy you.  Do you want that kind of angst in your life?  In addition, what's the the desire to spread your negativity over it?  Do you want others to share in the misery you are creating for yourself?  

I'm honestly curious.  Each day you are in here commenting about how you dislike Nashville.

Stupid kids.. you were the stupid kid once.  You aren't infected by them.  Stupid adults are far worse than stupid kids... because adults at least have developed their brains.. in theory.

LTS, point taken. I'll leave it alone. I'm just bored and it's the offseason, not much to post about.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.