LikeEich

Look: Ville Leino designs hoodie depicting time with Sabres as jail

https://www.thescore.com/news/1302179

(via http://thesco.re/theScore_app

Hope that link works. It's a piece of work that's forsure

Look: Ville Leino designs hoodie depicting time with Sabres as jail

https://www.thescore.com/news/1302179

(via http://thesco.re/theScore_app

Hope that link works. It's a piece of work that's forsure. I recommend reading the comments on Twitter.

What a tool.

No doubt, as if he needs to turn a bigger profit off the time in Buffalo. Plus my 4 year old could design a nicer hoodie

No doubt, as if he needs to turn a bigger profit off the time in Buffalo. Plus my 4 year old could design a nicer hoodie, probably would of scored more them 10 goals too!

Edited by LikeEich

I am. Being miserable at work is being miserable at work, no matter how much you're getting paid. I don't wish that on anyone.

I agree,but then again my worst day playing hockey was better them my best day doing almost anything, plus you get to go home and live the dream.

Edited by LikeEich

I agree,but then again my worst day playing hockey was better them my best day doing almost anything, plus you get to go home and live the dream.

I used to feel that way about working with computers. Now I do it every day all day and there's a lot of stuff I'd rather be doing.

Everyone's life and experience is their own. I can understand that his time in Buffalo was not by any stretch a happy one, money neither prevents nor cures the sort of thing he's talking about having gone through. While he quite willingly signed the contract, alarm bells were ringing about the likelihood of success for him before he rolled into town. Tanks, Darcy, TPegs, or some combination of the two for that decision. It's probably genuinely painful for him even now.

Having said that and stretched my sympathy as far as it'll go, he can right off and keep cashing his buyout checks.

I totally get the "I'm trapped but I'm making money so I should be grateful" feeling. Not with millions of dollars, or with the entire subculture of my profession laughing at me, but... 

This just smacks of immaturity to me.

And I don't dig the art. Basquiat you're not. Personal preference. 

Doing the painting is one thing. Cool. Purge your feelings. I fully support that. I don't know his struggles. Lord knows I've painted about way more childish things. Selling said painting, or a series of paintings in that vein, sure. But making it into "mass" (i know it's small batch) produced apparel for others to wear? Don't cut yourself on all that edge, Ville. It's angsty stuff like this that gives artists a bad name. 

But, who am I to say. The second something is called art, it's subjective, and this isn't a class nor am I his professor. 

Edited by Josie914

I totally get the "I'm trapped but I'm making money so I should be grateful" feeling. Not with millions of dollars, or with the entire subculture of my profession laughing at me, but... 

Doing the painting is one thing. Cool. Purge your feelings. I fully support that. I don't know his struggles. Lord knows I've painted about way more childish things. But making it into apparel for others to wear? Don't cut yourself on all that edge, Ville. It's angsty stuff like this that gives artists a bad name. 

But, who am I to say. The second something is called art, it's subjective, and this isn't a class nor am I his professor.

So, so much more eloquently stated than my first post in this thread.

I am. Being miserable at work is being miserable at work, no matter how much you're getting paid. I don't wish that on anyone.

Being miserable at work, regardless the "large and big contract", does not equate to being in jail. No way, no shape, no how. Ridiculous.

Plus, show me someone who's never been miserable at a job during their career and I'll introduce you to the Easter Bunny.

Doing the painting is one thing. Cool. Purge your feelings. I fully support that. I don't know his struggles. Lord knows I've painted about way more childish things. But making it into apparel for others to wear? Don't cut yourself on all that edge, Ville. It's angsty stuff like this that gives artists a bad name. 

Yep, it's not art because he might actually be making money from it. ;)

I know we all want our athletes shallow and materialist, and maybe we all would accept it more if he was sitting by the pool sipping Cristal out of some hottie's navel while wearing his clothes, but I have no problem with him actually trying to do something after hockey and even after making all that money.

Plus, I think those would make a great stage shirt.

Yeah my sympathy goes to the people who do real work for a living,hate their jobs but do it because they have a family to support. The people making 35-50K a year to get up and do something they hate!

Plus if the turned around and made sweaters looking for sympathy, nobody would buy them! Truth is I had sympathy for the guy at one time, mostly when he was being bashed. Now I feel like he can lick a stick.

Yeah my sympathy goes to the people who do real work for a living,hate their jobs but do it because they have a family to support. The people making 35-50K a year to get up and do something they hate!

Plus if the turned around and made sweaters looking for sympathy, nobody would buy them! Truth is I had sympathy for the guy at one time, mostly when he was being bashed. Now I feel like he can lick a stick.

Life is hard. I make good money which equates to a decent life. I'm one lucky chump. I grew up in border town Quebec/Akwesasne/Adirondacks. I've seen the very poor of the poor. My Dad was tops on the list for the DEC to contact for unwanted roadkill. Anyone that fails to delight in their great fortune to be wealthy can go lick a stick. They can also go themselves.

Life is ###### hard. I make good money which equates to a decent life. I'm one lucky chump. I grew up in border town Quebec/Akwesasne/Adirondacks. I've seen the very poor of the poor. My Dad was tops on the list for the DEC to contact for unwanted roadkill. Anyone that fails to delight in their great fortune to be wealthy can go lick a stick. They can also go ###### themselves.

Yeah I mean nothing mean more then health! But I most definetly agree

This looks like a 5 year got inspired by Radiohead album art and put his sad crayons to work.

Jail? Your experience was jail? Nobody was stopping him from dissolving his contract and walking away if it was so bad, which it wasn't, because he was making 4.5 million a year to play hockey.

I agree with you, but I would be more than willing to be absolutely miserable at work for 3 years and $27 million bucks.

Where do I sign up?

Life is ###### hard. I make good money which equates to a decent life. I'm one lucky chump. I grew up in border town Quebec/Akwesasne/Adirondacks. I've seen the very poor of the poor. My Dad was tops on the list for the DEC to contact for unwanted roadkill. Anyone that fails to delight in their great fortune to be wealthy can go lick a stick. They can also go ###### themselves.

Amen.