The Band Crap Thread

LGR4GM

Explain this overrated.

They were extremely talented musicians.  Innovative.  Influenced many who came after.  And were extremely popular in their day.  Explain the overrated.

Personally, they weren't my cup of tea.  But I don't get overrated.

Explain this overrated.

They were extremely talented musicians.  Innovative.  Influenced many who came after.  And were extremely popular in their day.  Explain the overrated.

Liger considers any band that didn't use autotune to be overrated.

Steve Miller Band is unobjectionable milquetoast. 

Liking something requires an affirmative, intentional thought on the part of a sentient being.

Being unperturbed by the presence of SMB music is not tantamount to liking it.

I don't like SMB music. 

Steve Miller Band is unobjectionable milquetoast. 

Liking something requires an affirmative, intentional thought on the part of a sentient being.

Being unperturbed by the presence of SMB music is not tantamount to liking it.

I don't like SMB music. 

Swingtown is a solid tune.  I like that one.  The rest is forgettable.

You want overrated?  Steve Miller Band.  You had to be stoned to enjoy it.

Bingo.

Know who I'll add to that category? Jimmy Buffett.

My beloved college roommate loved the guy - played his music incessantly. I know the lyrics to dozens of his songs as a result. 

Other than it being over-played in our dorm rooms and apartments, I had no problem with the music. It was - just, there. Unobjectionable.

I later came to conclude that the whole party scene that surrounds the man and his music was key to understanding his popularity.

Underrated.  Dire Straights.  You can't prove otherwise.

god-listens-to-slayer.jpg

\m/

We need a head bang emoticon thingy.

Bingo.

Know who I'll add to that category? Jimmy Buffett.

My beloved college roommate loved the guy - played his music incessantly. I know the lyrics to dozens of his songs as a result. 

Other than it being over-played in our dorm rooms and apartments, I had no problem with the music. It was - just, there. Unobjectionable.

I later came to conclude that the whole party scene that surrounds the man and his music was key to understanding his popularity.

Troof.  Add DMB to that list as well.

Edited by We've

And for however indisputably excellent a band or artist is -- I might offer up classic James Brown (I mean - c'mon) as an example of a band/artist that everyone likes. But I am sure there are people who really don't care for that sound, style.

Music is really funny that way.

There's a band I love. I mean, love. I had a couple of friends with what I consider to be excellent taste in music. Neither of them care, at all, for this band that I love.

There's no explaining it. No point in trying, really. They just don't dig it. And I do.

Explain this overrated.

Pink Floyd is overrated because all the people who grew up listening to Pink Floyd completely missed what Roger Waters was saying and are now running our country (and Britain) into the sh*tter. Being perceived as influential when you actually aren't is peak overrated. 

And for however indisputably excellent a band or artist is -- I might offer up classic James Brown (I mean - c'mon) as an example of a band/artist that everyone likes. But I am sure there are people who really don't care for that sound, style.

Music is really funny that way.

There's a band I love. I mean, love. I had a couple of friends with what I consider to be excellent taste in music. Neither of them care, at all, for this band that I love.

There's no explaining it. No point in trying, really. They just don't dig it. And I do.

There's no place for couth or rationality in a discussion about music, man. The music I love is awesome. The music you like sucks, unless it happens to be music that I also like. It's my right, neigh, my duty to ridicule your choices that I disagree on. Rinse and repeat.

Pink Floyd is overrated because all the people who grew up listening to Pink Floyd completely missed what Roger Waters was saying and are now running our country (and Britain) into the sh*tter. Being perceived as influential when you actually aren't is peak overrated. 

Influential to other bands.  They did things with their composition that influenced many afterward.

You can't blame their fans for what they are doing today.  Those meatheads are still having flashbacks.  :P

Influential to other bands. They did things with their composition that influenced many afterward.

You can't blame their fans for what they are doing today. Those meatheads are still having flashbacks. :P

I appreciate Floyd musically. I like them. I just think they're overrated.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.