The Band Crap Thread

LGR4GM

I appreciate Floyd musically. I like them. I just think they're overrated.

Same question.  What makes them overrated?  Overrated implies that something about the band is less than their reputation.  Esplain.

What kind of teambuilder is JBOT, though? How much do you really have to do once you have Crosby and Malkin?

I mean, the guy hung onto Bylsma for yyeeeeaaaaarrrs. He's pretty overrated in the hockey community. Anybody the NHL actually advises you to hire is pretty assuredly a bad hire.

I see what you did there. 

Same question. What makes them overrated? Overrated implies that something about the band is less than their reputation. Esplain.

Pink Floyd is quite boring. I assume others would rate them as not boring. I think the Flaming Lips are overrated and I think Pink Floyd isn't as good as them.

You're a concept album guy, aren't you?

I didn't have a TV for ten years so my attention span is a little longer than average. I get bored with collections of songs where there is no album arc (my term),

Pink Floyd is quite boring. I assume others would rate them as not boring. I think the Flaming Lips are overrated and I think Pink Floyd isn't as good as them.

I know their producer/engineer. Even he wouldn't agree with this.

I didn't have a TV for ten years so my attention span is a little longer than average. I get bored with collections of songs where there is no album arc (my term),

I must have ADD then, LOL.  Concept albums are rarely my favorites.

And yes, I'm the guy that put a a Hemisphere's CD in the changer and hit "random play".

Bingo.

Know who I'll add to that category? Jimmy Buffett.

My beloved college roommate loved the guy - played his music incessantly. I know the lyrics to dozens of his songs as a result.

Other than it being over-played in our dorm rooms and apartments, I had no problem with the music. It was - just, there. Unobjectionable.

I later came to conclude that the whole party scene that surrounds the man and his music was key to understanding his popularity.

OK, now we're talking! Jimmy Buffett. That's all we'll and good, but parrot heads are the worst people alive! The fact that they call themselves parrot heads makes me want to fire bomb a buffett concert. Bunch of no tipping !

OK, now we're talking! ###### Jimmy Buffett. That's all we'll and good, but parrot heads are the worst people alive! The fact that they call themselves parrot heads makes me want to fire bomb a buffett concert. Bunch of no tipping ######!

Jimmy Buffet is definitely sh*t.

This is why you have no friends.

I accept that those guys are highly skilled.

I accept that there are a lot of people that like them.

There are small sections of metal that I like, and I can see the appeal of the scene.

I just have no interest in listening to 95% of what's out there, old, new, or otherwise.

Specifically, Metallica, who, to use the parlance of this thread, suck.

DMB - fine

DMB fans - THE WORST

This is the gist of it.

I grew up in Dave Country. It was horrible listing to the J. Crew shopping, popped collar wearing, dingleberries drone on endlessly about "the Dave show!" It also didn't help that he played upstate NY like, 60 times a year.

...but...under the table and dreaming, crash and busted stuff are really good albums. So long as I don't have to deal with Dave fans.

Edited by ubkev

Jimmy Buffet is definitely sh*t.

There is an act I'd define as overrated.  Simple blend of country and radio rock that is marketed to folks who wish they didn't have to work for a living.  It's like the radio version of a Friday's restaurant.

I accept that those guys are highly skilled.

I accept that there are a lot of people that like them.

There are small sections of metal that I like, and I can see the appeal of the scene.

I just have no interest in listening to 95% of what's out there, old, new, or otherwise.

Specifically, Metallica, who, to use the parlance of this thread, suck.

I'm just messin'.

Edited by We've

There is an act I'd define as overrated. Simple blend of country and radio rock that is marketed to folks who wish they didn't have to work for a living.

The rest of us accept the fact that we have to work for a living and choose to rock out accordingly!

There is an act I'd define as overrated.  Simple blend of country and radio rock that is marketed to folks who wish they didn't have to work for a living.  It's like the radio version of a Friday's restaurant.

I'm just messin'.

haha, I mean, it was your posts that inspired my original one, so no offense taken.

I don't listen to crap so I don't know of any bad / overrated (whatever that means, really?) bands.

Regarding Pink Floyd ... Waters and Gilmour (Barrett before him) are musical geniuses.  No one can argue that point.

If I had to pick an 'overrated' band it would be The Beatles.  Just a 'Boy Band', really, well until the very end.

Liger considers any band that didn't use autotune to be overrated.

Yea... don't speak for me. I like the Steve Miller band and think Floyd is good but they aren't great. I think a certain nirvana drummer is an amazing musician and love me some foo fighters and Dave Grohl in general. Classic rock wise, I like queen well above floyd. Edited by LGR4GM

From a music standpoint, I think pink Floyd is pretty good. From a driving in my car standpoint, I change the station almost every time. Comfortably Numb, while in the car? It might as well be Ambien.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.