ESPN gutting Hockey department

That Aud Smell

ESPN released (fired) both LeBrun and Burnside.

Oof.

Wow. And Ed Werder. 

So they released their top hockey analysts during the playoffs, and a top football analyst during the draft? Not to mention, those three were actually reporters, unlike the personalities they trot out there now. ESPN has become a disgrace 

ESPN released (fired) both LeBrun and Burnside.

Oof.

Wow. And Ed Werder. 

So they released their top hockey analysts during the playoffs, and a top football analyst during the draft? Not to mention, those three were actually reporters, unlike the personalities they trot out there now. ESPN has become a disgrace 

It is one of the reason I never watch ESPN. They never talk hockey and when they do it is shallow or about Crosby. Also ESPN kind of sucks. 

They're releasing 100 ee's today alone apparently

Had read about a month ago that some of their lesser networks like ESPNU & ESPN News would be dumped to save costs. Looks like that might be coming to fruition. Which would stink. ESPNU does a great job w/ college lax.

LeBrun is a real loss, but I always thought Burnside provided very little, if any, value.

I agree with this

Buccigross gone as well.  The one ESPN guy who got on camera who actually liked hockey.  Oh well.

Idiots. Bucci is awesome. Custance is still there though

It is one of the reason I never watch ESPN. They never talk hockey and when they do it is shallow or about Crosby. Also ESPN kind of sucks. 

They don't even talk sports anymore. I'm not even kidding 

Had read about a month ago that some of their lesser networks like ESPNU & ESPN News would be dumped to save costs. Looks like that might be coming to fruition. Which would stink. ESPNU does a great job w/ college lax.

Wouldn't need to dump costs if they actually showed highlights and sports instead of paying Stephen A Smith 10's of millions to yell at the TV, or outbidding everyone by 3X as much for the rights to MNF

Edited by WildCard

Firing 100 employees today, including Ed Werder too; the NFL draft is tomorrow

Karl Ravitch, the only analyst on there outside of Kurkjim who knows anything about baseball, is having his role reduced too. 

I would love nothing more than to watch ESPN fail entirely 

Firing 100 employees today, including Ed Werder too; the NFL draft is tomorrow

Karl Ravitch, the only analyst on there outside of Kurkjim who knows anything about baseball, is having his role reduced too. 

I would love nothing more than to watch ESPN fail entirely 

T-minus 5 years and counting.

The Ed Werder thing is nuts to me, too.

Edited by sabills

The only time I watch ESPN at home is when the Yankees are on Sunday night baseball, or the odd Syracuse lax/basketball game. I haven't watched sportscenter in about 2 years now. It feels to me like 100% nfl coverage, and I don't watch/like football anymore, so I'm basically out on ESPN.

I wish I could package my TV around the 12 channels that I watch.

TMZ. They're literally just TMZ now

For all of my sports stuff, I go online, or for fun, follow Barstool. ESPN is unbearable now

Which is why they are changing things up.  They are also losing subscribers, but ESPN isn't going away or truly losing it's dominance of sports broadcasting.  What it is doing is making itself more profitable, refreshing their image and beginning the long transition to a subscription service.  Changes at ESPN are really the canary in the coal mine for all of cable TV.  

Which is why they are changing things up.  They are also losing subscribers, but ESPN isn't going away or truly losing it's dominance of sports broadcasting.  What it is doing is making itself more profitable, refreshing their image and beginning the long transition to a subscription service.  Changes at ESPN are really the canary in the coal mine for all of cable TV.  

They want to change their image from TMZ to what they once were, a reputable and entertaining sports show? Am I misreading what you're saying?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.