Sabres president of hockey ops — I'm calling it (again)

PASabreFan

A certain poster will have to change his name to Twelve and a Half, but it has to be Lindy. Sylvester foreshadowed a president announcement tomorrow, and it makes perfect sense. Terry ain't going solo.

For Terry to already have someone lined up, it would have had to have been done pretty quietly, and that would be an easy thing with Lindy.

It's Pegula perfect and Russ likey for sure.

A certain poster will have to change his name to Twelve and a Half, but it has to be Lindy. Sylvester foreshadowed a president announcement tomorrow, and it makes perfect sense. Terry ain't going solo.

For Terry to already have someone lined up, it would have had to have been done pretty quietly, and that would be an easy thing with Lindy.

Okay, this is a great line :lol:

Emotionally, I'd really like it. I just don't think it'd be especially smart. For whatever it's worth, my ideal structure going forward would be:

President of Hockey Ops: experienced executive (preferably the good kind of experience) who, in spite of experience, is "up" on modern hockey

GM: Up-and-coming assistant from a smart, successful organization

Coach: up-and-coming assistant from a smart, successful organization OR successful AHL head coach

Ruff coached the Pens Botterill in Buffalo. Check. Check. Check.

No chance Ruff is named President. I just don't buy the prediction. Wasn't there a poster on here who correctly predicted RJ returning to the commentary booth? Maybe if that guy made a prediction, I'd put stock in it.

Not sure if joking...

Why would Ruff be any better as a Team President than Levy was as a GM?

The guy who knows how to race the car doesn't necessarily know anything about how to build it.

Would rather have Lombardi in that role. Put Fenton, Dudley, or Botteril in as the GM. Not sure who I'd like as coach. Gallant & Julien were my top 2 choices. Maybe Ruff.

I think tomorrow absolutely has to involve an introduction of a new president of hockey.

PA's call is right -- TPegs ain't flying solo (someone else said it as well (that TPegs will just hand the mic off to his new president)).

But Ruff? Ugh. I dunno. He still wants to coach, I am betting.

Should be interesting. That's for sure.

I do think terry had his mind made up a while ago...this did not just happen without a lot of thought and it is safe to assume he has someone in mind or yes, maybe he has already reached out to this person and knows he has him hired before firing GMTM and Blysma. A good business person would not leave the team without anybody to run the ship when very important dates are upcoming like the draft and free agency etc...

you may be right but then again I do think they hired the best available at the time and missed out on the big fish (Babcock). Maybe it was because of GMTM's attitude or outlook that babs did not come here. either way, I think after losing out on the babs sweepstakes he had to do something and Blysma was the best available at that time. I thought it was a good hiring and many others did to at the time...there was no way of knowing he'd preach a old and tired system that hasn;t worked in the NHL for at least 5 or 6 years

you may be right but then again I do think they hired the best available at the time and missed out on the big fish (Babcock). Maybe it was because of GMTM's attitude or outlook that babs did not come here. either way, I think after losing out on the babs sweepstakes he had to do something and Blysma was the best available at that time. I thought it was a good hiring and many others did to at the time...there was no way of knowing he'd preach a old and tired system that hasn;t worked in the NHL for at least 5 or 6 years

Wouldn't this have been discussed in an interview?

Wouldn't this have been discussed in an interview?

I vaguely remember some bullsh!t about him studying hockey during his time out of coaching. Some garbage about him looking at the game in a different way now, and he would implement some wonder system, never before seen. (makes'#### off' hand motion)

Edited by ubkev

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.