Sabres president of hockey ops — I'm calling it (again)

PASabreFan

2 hours ago, john wawrow said:

Because there was the unlikelihood there would be a clear answer on this front, or an answer in which Adams would merely say they'll get there.

I asked a similar question a summer ago, and it went nowhere and, in the end, the Sabres got above the cap floor. I don't spending $20 million is going to be too big of a lift this offseason. And I think it's best they stay closer to the floor at this point then start throwing money at players. The future is bright, but expensive, and that has to be taken into account if this core is going to continue being together.

Two and three years down the road, there's going to be some difficult decisions going to have to be made if the team maintains this trajectory.

jw

Thanks for answering my question😀

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Weave said:

For some reason I don’t understand this group regularly goes on the offensive whenever a media personality dares to get involved.

I understand it.

There are posters on here averaging over 10 posts per day on here for many, many years... They feel like they're the top dawgs and usually try to control the dialogue and sentiment of many threads. They're like the regulars at a small town bar... Just don't take their stool!

Then in walks a member of the media with real credibility.  Just like that, he's instantly the big dawg in the room. All those years of posting credibility... Gone!

That's like a handsome, muscled out of towner walking into said small town bar, who's talking to the local women... You know how that goes.

Of course JW walked into this bar looking to stir the *****!  But he's obviously still a Sabres fan, and I think it's kind of cool that he comes on here to see what the fans of the team are saying.

I'll give him that over some members of the media who are only following the local sports teams for a pay cheque.

WGRTalentImageSchopp775x425-d14ad48f-910

Edited by JoeSchmoe
  • Like (+1) 2

19 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Not a lot - but we do.

My general recollection is that he occasionally drops in, flames someone, derides a Sabrespace iconoclast, and then peaces out. To me, there's an underlying vibe that he's benevolently amused by how dumb most of our content is and that he feels we should be grateful that he's posting. Me no likey that vibe.

season 20 20x4 GIF by South Park

6 hours ago, JoeSchmoe said:

I understand it.

There are posters on here averaging over 10 posts per day on here for many, many years... They feel like they're the top dawgs and usually try to control the dialogue and sentiment of many threads. They're like the regulars at a small town bar... Just don't take their stool!

Then in walks a member of the media with real credibility.  Just like that, he's instantly the big dawg in the room. All those years of posting credibility... Gone!

That's like a handsome, muscled out of towner walking into said small town bar, who's talking to the local women... You know how that goes.

Of course JW walked into this bar looking to stir the *****!  But he's obviously still a Sabres fan, and I think it's kind of cool that he comes on here to see what the fans of the team are saying.

I'll give him that over some members of the media who are only following the local sports teams for a pay cheque.

I don't think you quite nailed it. You can, however, bounce quarters off JW's ass, and we don't need our lady folk to see that.

I looked up John's first post. It was to brag to GoDD that he (John) had gotten some story right. John didn't come "here" with any noble intention of interacting with fans or providing value.

His contributions, with a few exceptions, are not appreciated or respected, for good reason.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

You can, however, bounce quarters off JW's ass, and we don't need our lady folk to see that.

Ha! The idea of The Aud Club being comparable to some sh1t dive bar in a podunk town was one that worked well enough. I mean, sure. The metaphor fell apart once JW was serving in the role of a hunky fella from the big city.

• Haha (+1) 3

12 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

I don't think you quite nailed it. You can, however, bounce quarters off JW's ass, and we don't need our lady folk to see that.

I looked up John's first post. It was to brag to GoDD that he (John) had gotten some story right. John didn't come "here" with any noble intention of interacting with fans or providing value.

His contributions, with a few exceptions, are not appreciated or respected, for good reason.

Well, also in fairness to John, he & GoDD interacted fairly often on TBD.  What you see as John stirring stuff up might have been merely a return salvo.  (Or, it could've just been a post bar closing rant.  On occasion we'd catch a two-fer.  😉 )

20 hours ago, JoeSchmoe said:

I understand it.

Posting a lot doesn't give you credibility. The rest of what you add implies that we should be in awe of Warrow but honestly everyone here is equal except for mods and sds. Warrow probably has more insight but 80% of what goes on here is speculation anyways. I'm not personally in awe of reporters or doctors or lawyers or really anyone because they are just ppl. 

I think it would cool if he was an active member of the board, but I and every other poster still have the right to question him. Credibility is is a yes or no type of thing but a scale dependent on lots of factors. Just like as the poster with the most posts, anyone can question or disagree with me no matter how grouchy I get. 

What I'm saying is everyone here's voice is equal even if some of us are louder.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

On 5/6/2022 at 6:07 AM, PASabreFan said:

I spent a lot of time before that reading in on this community to see if there was any value, while happening upon GoDD's posts. GoDD's posts provided a lot of value, in a comical way. You seem to have taken upon that torch. Always quick to snark, just like me, but more often than not, generally wrong on content.

But of course you would be resistant to having me join in, because it's quite evident my presence here provides a threat to your believed superiority in wanting to control the narrative and conversation.

I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time.

Then again, looping through all the ***** directed my way by the likes of GoDD and you, none of it has really been proven true. And yet you keep on going.

God bless.

Edited by john wawrow
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 2

On 5/11/2022 at 2:42 PM, john wawrow said:

I spent a lot of time before that reading in on this community to see if there was any value, while happening upon GoDD's posts. GoDD's posts provided a lot of value, in a comical way. You seem to have taken upon that torch. Always quick to snark, just like me, but more often than not, generally wrong on content.

But of course you would be resistant to having me join in, because it's quite evident my presence here provides a threat to your believed superiority in wanting to control the narrative and conversation.

I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time.

Then again, looping through all the ***** directed my way by the likes of GoDD and you, none of it has really been proven true. And yet you keep on going.

God bless.

Believed superiority

Interesting choice of words,…

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

I remember Dwight Drane as a backup safety for the Bills as well as him posting here. 

The guy that posted here was NOT the safety for the Bills.  As any of those who have met him can attest, he was built far more like a guard. 😉

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.