2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Round 1

WildCard

So... Can Nashville do it?

Yes. And if they get swept out, following last year's first round ouster, I'm going to claim victory on my "they're going to have a lot of trouble staying competitive with the Toews/Kane deals" narrative I've painted for a couple years now. Should I? Maybe, maybe not. But I'm definitely going to :lol:

Yes. And if they get swept out, following last year's first round ouster, I'm going to claim victory on my "they're going to have a lot of trouble staying competitive with the Toews/Kane deals" narrative I've painted for a couple years now. Should I? Maybe, maybe not. But I'm definitely going to :lol:

Just as long as you stay away from my Toews-intangibles-snark.

Man, it's unbelievable that the Preds are holding Chicago scoreless the way they have been this series.

Just as long as you stay away from my Toews-intangibles-snark.

Man, it's unbelievable that the Preds are holding Chicago scoreless the way they have been this series.

All yours, man. Then we can split the difference and both go after the Weber-Subban intangibles snark if the Preds go deeper than the Habs.

It will certainly be interesting to dissect the eventual fall of Chicago.

Has Quenville's message gone stale in the windy city? Is he on the hot seat? Does he want to coach here?

With the Toews/Kane contracts, they have ZERO margin for error (and Toews is decidedly NOT worth that contract, but it's not like he's the kind of guy you trade at 26 when he signed the deal). The Seabrook contract was a HUGE error--his play has dropped off precipitously. Hossa, while still a very good player, is no longer his peak HoF self. There's more, but those are the biggest issues.

Now I'm at a loss on who to root for, hate Nashville because they beat the Hawks. Don't want a Canadian team to win, don't want the Pens to repeat, Boston can burn in hell, which leaves me with: 

St.L - Hawks rival so no...

Minnesota - likely eliminated 

Washington - Sure

Anaheim - Sure

SJ - Sure

Wow I have two 2-2 series and a 2nd Round team...

*cries in corner about Hawks*

*cries harder due to the Sabres*

*runs out of tears*

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.