2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Round 1

WildCard

Thanks for being such open fair minded fans

On thinks it great a man potentially breaks a leg

I the one resenting voice

Weenies

I hope Matthews tears his ACL next game, and Mitch Marner breaks his spine. Suck it Leafs scum.

I mean, you come to a Sabres board beating your chest about your team (that we hate) winning in the playoffs. What in the world do you expect?

Right here

And I can take your ragging you people are thin skinned weenies

And I am going no where been on this forum since day one

Go Leafs

Well, calling us thin skinned weenies isn't gonna help your cause for sticking around. Chz and/or freeman won't be too happy me thinks.

I hope Matthews tears his ACL next game, and Mitch Marner breaks his spine. Suck it Leafs scum.

I mean, you come to a Sabres board beating your chest about your team (that we hate) winning in the playoffs. What in the world do you expect?

Nah, we need Andersen to get run, Matthews and Marner haven't done so far. They've been invisible in two games.

Edited by Claude Balls

Mods should read your quote and boot your behind

You made same comment when he was doing after and pretended humour

You shame this board who are many fine people

Bieksa with a high stick minor that wouldn't be called by a normal ref in a regular season game.

Yes, technically it was the right call.

F this league sometimes...

Mods should read your quote and boot your behind
You made same comment when he was doing after and pretended humour
You shame this board who are many fine people

Millbank, this isn't Two Bills Drive.  You're not going to find a lot of friends here.  And you're rarely here to talk Sabres (which is what the board is about); you're here to   talk about the Leaves.

I don't think you're going to find a lot of friends outside of people who know you from TBD.

Be well.

Bieksa with a high stick minor that wouldn't be called by a normal ref in a regular season game.

Yes, technically it was the right call.

F this league sometimes...

Bieksa, who could pose as Layne Staley's twin brother, is the kind of d-man the Sabres need. Ain't gonna light up the scoreboard (except the penalty section) but he is the kind of nasty this team severely lacks on D. I would take him as a third pair guy any day.

And speak of the Bieksa devil.......good fight there.

Edited by Claude Balls

is it safe to say Chicago is in BIG trouble? Rinne not only has two shutouts but he also had 2 assist...he is right up there in scoring! sure wish it had been us not Toronto that got Babs...I have no doubt it would be us ion the playoffs...he just gets so much out of his players and knows how to use each player to their own strengths...unlike Blysma who tries to get everybody o play the same boring defensive-style system of scoring a goal and hanging on for dear life. that may have worked years ago in he NHL when you could clutch and grab and interfere with players as they entered the offensive zone to slow them down but in the "new" NHL it is much faster and refs do not allow that crap now so even a 3 or 4 goal lead isn't safe unless you keep going and keep the pedal to the floor. Letting up and hanging on like Danny tries to have his team do just doesn;t work anymore, and puts far too much pressure on players to do things they simply cannot do

He was garbage in game one too with just one SOG. I think the long season is catching up with the youngsters. Andersen is the only reason the Leafs are competing. I just hope if and when the Sabres make the playoffs they can keep games close like Toronto. Right now with Bylsma's system, Buffalo would get swept right out in the first round.

They're not good enough to get to the playoffs but if they do they'll lose in 1st round? That makes no sense

Right here

And I can take your ragging you people are thin skinned weenies

And I am going no where been on this forum since day one

Go Leafs

You called people on this board weenies in 2 separate posts. And you think what others had to say was crossing the line? Should take a good look in the mirror. Maybe even talk to some one about the meaning/importance of respect.

For the record, JJ50 -- who produces plenty of good posts but also a number of unfortunate ones, did post to the effect of being happy to see Polak's injury, and someone else seconded it.  Those were pretty poor efforts.

I also think Millbank's exultation after the Leafs won was pretty mild, and that a number of posters overreacted to it.  Millbank has been here for a long time, his communications are always respectful, he's seen a ton of hockey and knows a lot about it, and the board is better when he's here. 

If the Sabres had risen from the dead the way the Leafs did this year and then won a dramatic playoff game on the road in 2OT to tie the series, I suspect that plenty of the posters here that post on other team's boards would've been quite a bit chestier than Millbank was.

So let's chill out a bit.

For the record, JJ50 -- who produces plenty of good posts but also a number of unfortunate ones, did post to the effect of being happy to see Polak's injury, and someone else seconded it. Those were pretty poor efforts.

I also think Millbank's exultation after the Leafs won was pretty mild, and that a number of posters overreacted to it. Millbank has been here for a long time, his communications are always respectful, he's seen a ton of hockey and knows a lot about it, and the board is better when he's here.

If the Sabres had risen from the dead the way the Leafs did this year and then won a dramatic playoff game on the road in 2OT to tie the series, I suspect that plenty of the posters here that post on other team's boards would've been quite a bit chestier than Millbank was.

"His communications are always respectful"

Calling people thin skinned weenies is not very respectful. Just saying....

If the Sabres had risen from the dead the way the Leafs did this year and then won a dramatic playoff game on the road in 2OT to tie the series, I suspect that plenty of the posters here that post on other team's boards would've been quite a bit chestier than Millbank was.

And they would be just a big a knob.

The little plays that the Caps do in all zones to maintain control of the puck are incredible. They just know how to play hockey, even if the tenacity of the Leafs is putting them on edge. They'll pull this series out, they're just too good. 

Dmitri Orlov is a freakin treat to watch. I knew he could move the puck but he's playing like Karlsson right now. 

So Jackets Calvert gets only one game suspension on that pretty brutal to the head cross check while breaking his stick doing it (game 2) and they gave Risto three games for a butt check?!?? Unfrickenbelivable NHL!!

As we've seen in the past playoffs / regular season are two different animals in the eyes of the department of player safety. A better comparison would be Marchand only getting 3 games at seasons end on his 7th infraction to Risto getting 3 for a first time offence.

As we've seen in the past playoffs / regular season are two different animals in the eyes of the department of player safety. A better comparison would be Marchand only getting 3 games at seasons end on his 7th infraction to Risto getting 3 for a first time offence.

Good point. I guess my point is nothing is consistent for these suspensions at all; reg season and playoffs.

Perfect comparison.

For the record, JJ50 -- who produces plenty of good posts but also a number of unfortunate ones, did post to the effect of being happy to see Polak's injury, and someone else seconded it. Those were pretty poor efforts.

I also think Millbank's exultation after the Leafs won was pretty mild, and that a number of posters overreacted to it. Millbank has been here for a long time, his communications are always respectful, he's seen a ton of hockey and knows a lot about it, and the board is better when he's here.

Milbank shows up here for precisely one reason: to gloat whenever the Leafs are involved in something good. He's not a regular poster. He doesn't discuss the Sabres as even a quasi-fan. He posts for the express purpose of antagonizing. The definition of trolling. I don't care how he interacts on TBD, or if a bunch of the old timers around here like him. He's a straight up troll, and be deserves the reaction he got.

Who on here posts on other teams boards? I don't even post on the Chicago boards...

And if they do, I certainly wouldn't give them a shoulder to cry on if they got for bragging over there. It's like going to the opposition's arena and being surprised the home fans heckle you.

Edited by TrueBlueGED

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.