GDT: Sabres at Blue Jackets- 7:00PM 3-28-17 MSG

Winston

It happens. Having to sit on the bench in full gear is a ###### feeling.

I have never heard of this happening to an NHL player ever. This is bush league. You don't dress a guy and then bench him for the whole game when he's one of your most important players.

Stop defending Dan and his horse sh*t. You look like a damn fool.

So, anyone want to speculate on whether when he was told he was 4th line winger w/ Girgensons & Deslauriers that he bitched about it & Bylsma said "ok, you don't want to play w/ Z & D'lo, you won't?"

Maybe. What else could have happened since last night? Did they even have a morning skate?

God forbid Sam have vested interest in his development at his natural position, eh?

Also, when Kane and Zadorov were late for/missed meetings, that was explicitly stated. The vagueness makes me think it was something else. Maybe he showed up still drunk, maybe he yelled at Dan, maybe he stepped on the logo

I have never heard of this happening to an NHL player ever. This is bush league. You don't dress a guy and then bench him for the whole game when he's one of your most important players.

Especially on the back end of a back-to-back, when Okposo is out with an illness.  If O'Reilly or Eichel went down with an injury playing 20+ minutes while this moron was trying to send a "message," firing would have been too good for him.

I'm sorry but everyone trying to use the Reinhart benching as an excuse to fire Dan are damned fools.

If it was Kane who was benched for violating a team policy everybody would be begging for Murray to trade him.

Young Samson up and suddenly it's Dan's fault .. yeah OK.

I'm sorry but everyone trying to use the Reinhart benching as an excuse to fire Dan are damned fools.

If it was Kane who was benched for violating a team policy everybody would be begging for Murray to trade him.

Young Samson ###### up and suddenly it's Dan's fault .. yeah OK.

You are a foooooooool

Back in the '70's, Gary Unger had the NHL games played streak. His streak ended in a game he dressed but never took a shift. But he was SERIOUSLY on the downside of his career.

Wouldn't be shocked if Ray or Kruse dressed for a game or 2 that they never took a shift as well. But this does appear a rather unique situation w/ a healthy contributor getting put in the situation.

The issue isn't that he was disciplined, it was HOW he disciplined him.

He showed him up.  He made him sit dressed on bench and watch, give me a break, does DD think he's dealing with 9 year olds ??

Nobody is saying this is the ONLY reason to fire Bylsma.

& nobody is saying don't dscipline him. But Reinhart is a young MAN, treat him as one & put him in the press box. Don't treat him like a friggin' Pee Wee.

Edited by Taro T

You want to discipline him fine.

But you are already down a top six forward in Okposo, and the team is playing on a back to back.

As a result your best player is playing the whole game with a fourth liner and an AHL player.

Bench him on Sunday, when you have a chance to call up a replacement or Okposo can play.

This kid (he's only 20) has been jerked around the past 2 years by this nitwit coach

Plays him out of position, takes a natural playmaker and sticks him in front of the net, move him to wing, then to C, then to his off wing

This is total ######.  He's suppose to be one of the cornerstones of this rebuild

Punish him.  Yes.

Sit a few shifts or scratch him from game, but why make him sit an entire ###### game dressed and on the bench

I've never seen that before, has anyone ??

Edited by Georgia Blizzard

No.  You're a damned fool.

From Koziol: Gionta on 23: "It's tough, we're trying to build something here, maintain a culture, its something of what we're trying to get to as a team"

Captain talk for "My coach is a fool but if I say so, I'll sit next game."

Great I'll join the fool team as well then, bench him next game if rules make him get dressed.   This is just plain dumb.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.