Lost Point Countdown: -15 Final: 78 (Mathmatically Eliminated)

MattPie

Hey Coover and Detroit received 1 loser point each and Detroit a winner point tonite to maintain and get closer to Sabres...  Both have a chance to catch the Sabres so Sabres can get a higher draft choice as they plummet in the standings.  So frustrated... for a moment there I thought about playoffs.  Defense is so one dimensional except McCabe and Risto...  Bogo has been trying but getting back hasn't been his strong suit and Kuli is done... Franson is a good but slow as crap 7 man...  Really liked it when Falk and Fedun played together.  D has lost a step since those guys were disbanded...

Sabres have a 1.1% chance of making the playoffs. Time to keep on losing.

They need to go 14-3-2 to have a >50% chance of getting in.

TOR chances dropped a whopping 10% down to 55% with their loss at SJS last night accompanied by BOS and FLA winning.

I understand we are all tired of missing the playoffs but the truth is this team is far better then we tend to give credit for...if we had Eichel from the start, along with OReilly and kane both missing time with injuries, we'd probably be in a playoff position right now. Remember how many games we lost by a goal? Funny thing was our defense was keeping us in those games but we couldn;t score...now our offense is starting to really go good and the D suddenly gets bad! My own opinion (foir whatever that is worth) is that both Bogo and Kulikov are far better then we have seen and if for just once both could get healthy and start playing up to their potential that would solve most of our problems on the blueline. One thing for sure, our D is still better (and has more potential) then many teams in the NHL, including teams that are in the playoffs right now...

I understand we are all tired of missing the playoffs but the truth is this team is far better then we tend to give credit for...if we had Eichel from the start, along with OReilly and kane both missing time with injuries, we'd probably be in a playoff position right now. Remember how many games we lost by a goal? Funny thing was our defense was keeping us in those games but we couldn;t score...now our offense is starting to really go good and the D suddenly gets bad! My own opinion (foir whatever that is worth) is that both Bogo and Kulikov are far better then we have seen and if for just once both could get healthy and start playing up to their potential that would solve most of our problems on the blueline. One thing for sure, our D is still better (and has more potential) then many teams in the NHL, including teams that are in the playoffs right now...

giphy.gif

I'm starting to wonder if the Sabres should start leaving the net open for the shootout. It'll mess with the shooters head.

Nah, put Deslauriers in net. THAT'll mess w/ their heads.

And the added bonus is he can't stop any fewer shooters than Lehner does. :(

I don't think there's any rule against substituting a goalie for overtime or a shootout -  coach can pull the goalie any time he wants.  He couldn't change MID-shootout, but before the shootout?  I don't believe there's any rule against it. 

There are just few, if any high salary starting goalies that are as truly awful against shoot outs and breakaways as Robin Lehner. So we never see it done.  If Bylsma had any brains, he'd be doing it, especially with every point critical now in hoping to get to a WC berth.

So with 17 games, there are 34 pts left in the Sabres Season.  To get to 93 pts, which is the minimum point level with any hope of earning a WC berth,  Sabres need 27.  Basically, 4 more regulation losses - playoff hopes are gone.  

Edited by Jsixspd

Is there a rule against switching netters for the shootout?

I hate the shootout, so maybe DD should just wave the white flag and concede the extra point.

You can't switch goalies (except for injury) "once the shootout begins." Always took that to mean they can't be swiched after OT ends, but maybe they can be swiched until the 1st shooter lines up to approach the puck.

Howard WGR‏ @hsimon62  9m9 minutes ago

More

going back to loss to chicago, sabres now 1-4-2 in last 7. took 1 goal lead into 3rd in 3 games and lost all 3. (at Arizona, Nash, at pitt)

The injuries to start the year certainly didn't help, but they're also not the reason we aren't making the playoffs.

Correct. It's the coach they had to start the year thst unfortunately is still here is why they aren't making the playoffs. Really seriously considering not watching anymore of this season on TV. The frustration is d*mn near outweighing the enjoyment of watching Eichel do his thing.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.