Lost Point Countdown: -15 Final: 78 (Mathmatically Eliminated)

MattPie

Correct. It's the coach they had to start the year thst unfortunately is still here is why they aren't making the playoffs. Really seriously considering not watching anymore of this season on TV. The frustration is d*mn near outweighing the enjoyment of watching Eichel do his thing.

I don't agree, the current roster is not a playoff team. The team immobile d-corps is #1 issue. Way too many minutes placed on risto and we are seeing him deteriorate as the season winds down. Still not enough balanced scoring up and down the lineup. They have 5 guys who can score consistently. Really have to hope that Bailey and Baptiste can not only bring speed but also some scoring next season. Maybe even Nylander and Asplund?

That being said, the way they've played the last 7 games is enough to say that Bylama needs to replaced before next season preferably tomorrow

This team is 1-5-2 in the last 8 games. So when the going got tough the team folded.

That is exactly what has me concerned.

Is this the worst stretch of the season, record-wise? It has to be up there.

Or is it down there?

Edited by We've

That is exactly what has me concerned.

Is this the worst stretch of the season, record-wise? It has to be up there.

Or is it down there?

Very scary.  This is after GMTM talked to the team.  It is what I feared after his failure to try to make some changes at the deadline.  The team got the message that mediocrity was ok.  Not a good message to send.  There is also reason to think DD has lost the team, that the locker-room leadership has also lost the team and that GMTM's roster construction sucks.

The only 3 players who seem to be ignoring the chaos are Jack, Evander and ROR.  

Very scary.  This is after GMTM talked to the team.  It is what I feared after his failure to try to make some changes at the deadline.  The team got the message that mediocrity was ok.  Not a good message to send.  There is also reason to think DD has lost the team, that the locker-room leadership has also lost the team and that GMTM's roster construction sucks.

I would add Risto to that list of yours and maybe McCabe.

I would add Risto to that list of yours and maybe McCabe.

I would say Reinhart has been good as well. 10 points last 13 games. Not bad considering the slump of the team.

I would say Reinhart has been good as well. 10 points last 13 games. Not bad considering the slump of the team.

Yup, him too.

And how about Evander.

The Captain has not been horrible.

Hey maybe the Sabres are pretty good at hockey, well not so much the defence part of the game.

Yup, him too.

And how about Evander.

The Captain has not been horrible.

Hey maybe the Sabres are pretty good at hockey, well not so much the defence part of the game.

Seems like that would point to the coach being a big part of the problem as well.

Not quite.   One more regulation loss, and that maxes the season at 92 pts.  The lowest qualifying points total to earn a WC berth to date has been 93.   

No guarantee that 13 regulation wins and 1 OTL, putting us at 93, earns a WC berth either.    The mark might be 95 or 96 or higher.  Meaning we're done already.  

It's the final countdown!

Not quite.   One more regulation loss, and that maxes the season at 92 pts.  The lowest qualifying points total to earn a WC berth to date has been 93.   

No guarantee that 13 regulation wins and 1 OTL, putting us at 93, earns a WC berth either.    The mark might be 95 or 96 or higher.  Meaning we're done already.  

Pretty much. It could go lower too, and the division isn't that good. It wouldn't be a surprise if 3rd in the division Is worse than both wildcards. But yeah, they're done.

Max points possible: 94

Records possible to get to 93: 13-0-1, 14-0-0

Edited by MattPie

That's pretty much it for any playoff hopes.  But before last night's game, they were 2-7 since the Bye Week, and with last night's loss, now  2-8 and 14 games below .500.   That's a team in serious decline, not one "going for" a playoff spot.  

Even though the Sabres are no longer in contention for a playoff spot, I'm going to enjoy the rest of the season for what it is.  Pull for a win each game, get excited when the Sabres score and ticked off when the opponents put one in the net.  

Even though the Sabres are no longer in contention for a playoff spot, I'm going to enjoy the rest of the season for what it is.  Pull for a win each game, get excited when the Sabres score and ticked off when the opponents put one in the net.  

I'd rather see us lose out, fire the coach, and get a better draft pick. Time to dust off the tanks for another 12 games.

I'd rather see us lose out, fire the coach, and get a better draft pick. Time to dust off the tanks for another 12 games.

I promised myself I'd only support a tank one time.  Obviously pleased with the results.  But I'll never pull for Buffalo to lose again.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.