OK, the bye week sux.

Eleven

This is evidently what the bye week has done to the already questionable minds over at WGR. I half had a heart attack.attachicon.gifIMG_0072.PNG

hahahaha!!!!!

I'm not a fan of them having their bye week this late into the season. Does anyone know how this compares to other teams bye? When all is said and done we're going to come back 7-8 points back of a playoff spot, needing to leap-frog 5 teams....which seems like a pretty tall order. The COL and AZ games are going to be must wins.

I count 8 teams in the link below having their bye week this week, including Buffalo.  The last team in the league to have a bye-week is the Anaheim Ducks - theirs starts Sunday.

But yeah,  21 teams had their bye weeks earlier in the season than Buffalo.   But I suspect no favoritism - could be argued that a bye week later in the season is more beneficial to get a team rested and healthy.   Although it's rather dumb to have it so close to the All-Star Break.  

https://www.reddit.com/r/hockey/comments/57by28/complete_list_of_nhl_bye_weeks/

It was even worse for the Panthers - their bye week was something 5 days AFTER the All-Star Break.  That doesn't make much sense.  

Edited by Jsixspd

I don't like that these young star players of the Sabres are jetting off to exotic places with, or without, young travelling companions,

why?

i can imagine some reasons for not liking it, but i don't think any of them are particularly good ones.

Not like the old days when they'd smoke cigs and screw the hookers on Chippewa?

ew.

and i'm pretty sure the old time sabres had enough coin that they could find sex workers a cut above those who used to prowl chippewa.

one practical question: are the players going directly to colorado? or do they have to return here, and fly out on a team aircraft?

Hey, it's not that they are travelling with, or without, companions that I don't like ... who cares.  I prefer this option to the hookers on Chippewa.

It's a distraction from focus on hockey on a short break in the midst of a season that is just about lost.  That's what I don't like about it.

It's a distraction from focus on hockey on a short break in the midst of a season that is just about lost.  That's what I don't like about it.

Understood.

I'm not sure what you'd have the players do during a bye week that they specifically bargained for in the most recent CBA. This down time is designed to provide the players with some distraction from the season's grind. 

Anyway. It's mid-February in Buffalo. What would be better for someone's overall mental health? Staying in town, ordering all your meals out, and playing a bunch of X Box? Or going somewhere warm and sunny for a few days?

I'd take the latter.

<><><>

Also: Bailey and Rodrigues recalled (again). Grant sent down. 

I can't recall what this might indicate for the roster's overall health.

Edited by That Aud Smell

Understood.

I'm not sure what you'd have the players do during a bye week that they specifically bargained for in the most recent CBA. This down time is designed to provide the players with some distraction from the season's grind. 

Anyway. It's mid-February in Buffalo. What would be better for someone's overall mental health? Staying in town, ordering all your meals out, and playing a bunch of X Box? Or going somewhere warm and sunny for a few days?

I'd take the latter.

<><><>

Close.

They received this in return for allowing the league to go 3-on-3 for the ASG.  Post-CBA.

<><><>

From what I can recall, probably that Samson is back, Carrier remains out and Girgensons is possible?

BaileyO'ReillyOkposo

KaneEichelReinhart

FolignoRodriguesGionta

MoulsonGirgensonsEnnis

McCabeRistolainen

BogosianFranson

KulikovGorges

With Falk and Deslauriers as extras

Probably the best team we've iced all year.

Plug in Larsson for ERod, keep it relatively healthy and it could be a playoff team.

Wait, what?

Edited by dudacek

It's awful that the season rhythm has to change - twice -once because of AS break, and again now with the bye week -  because of the craptastic All-Star Game anyway.  

In general, the All Star Game outcome is a matter of supernatural indifference to myself.    The only time I even cared was when John Scott was involved.  

Edited by Jsixspd

From what I can recall, probably that Samson is back, Carrier remains out and Girgensons is possible?

BaileyO'ReillyOkposo

KaneEichelReinhart

FolignoRodriguesGionta

MoulsonGirgensonsEnnis

McCabeRistolainen

BogosianFranson

KulikovGorges

With Falk and Deslauriers as extras

Probably the best team we've iced all year.

Plug in Larsson for ERod, keep it relatively healthy and it could be a playoff team.

Wait, what?

I actually like E-rod better. He seems more of a possession player than Larsson.

Edited by SwampD

I actually like E-rod better. He seems more of a possession player than Larsson.

I wish there was a statistical way to actually determine that ;)

It looks like both are similar with Larsson getting the edge.

https://puckalytics.com/#/skaters?TOIMin=50&GPMax=999&GPMin=0&TOIDecMax=99999&TOIDecMin=0&Team=&Player_Name=&Pos=F&paginate=0

Edited by inkman

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.