These next 7 games will tell us a lot about this team/coach

Claude Balls

4 of the next 7 Sabres games are against the two worst teams in the league. That's 8 points for the taking. If they could split the other 6 points and grab 3, that would be huge. I don't see it happening, and there is talk that if they don't take advantage of this soft spot that DB is gone. I wonder if they have a replacement coach in mind and would then let Terry finish the season as interim. I am fine with Terry finishing the season behind the bench, but want something new for next season.

4 of the next 7 Sabres games are against the two worst teams in the league. That's 8 points for the taking. If they could split the other 6 points and grab 3, that would be huge. I don't see it happening, and there is talk that if they don't take advantage of this soft spot that DB is gone. I wonder if they have a replacement coach in mind and would then let Terry finish the season as interim. I am fine with Terry finishing the season behind the bench, but want something new for next season.

Sabres enter their bye week against the Blues and Hawks, and then teams returning from the bye week are something like 3-9 so far, so that's gonna be tough as well. Not a good schedule for the Sabres.

And a bye week in between those 7 games.

I kind of have the same mindset for the Bills. If you're a playoff contender, win the games you're supposed to win. If you can put together 11-14 points, you belong in the conversation. If not, you are what we thought you were. I'm guessing they'll get just enough points to be annoying, around 9. 

Updated chart after 2-0 win vs. Avalanche to not only compare vs. 2015 & 2016, but also show what current pace point total projects to (~90pts) and "win out". Obviously as the end points of the "win out" line get near the the "96 point pace" line, the faint playoff hopes become even fainter.

post-2655-0-78611000-1487302362_thumb.png

Updated chart after 2-0 win vs. Avalanche to not only compare vs. 2015 & 2016, but also show what current pace point total projects to (~90pts) and "win out". Obviously as the end points of the "win out" line get near the the "96 point pace" line, the faint playoff hopes become even fainter.

Thanks for the chart, that was great work.

I don't like DD and I think this team should be better then where they are right now.  But visually, this does show that we've improved from last year and back flirting with the playoffs.  Pretty much where many expected us to be.  I hate using injuries as an excuse but if Eichel doesn't get hurt maybe we're 4 or 5 points better and really in this thing.  With all the ups and downs it's good seeing a long term visual on their progress.

Thanks for the chart, that was great work.

I don't like DD and I think this team should be better then where they are right now.  But visually, this does show that we've improved from last year and back flirting with the playoffs.  Pretty much where many expected us to be.  I hate using injuries as an excuse but if Eichel doesn't get hurt maybe we're 4 or 5 points better and really in this thing.  With all the ups and downs it's good seeing a long term visual on their progress.

I feel the same. 

Frankly speaking, looking at it this way helps keep me sane in relation to this team. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.