Vancouver Canucks @ Buffalo Sabres 7:30 MSG

inkman

It's a boring ass Sunday in February

Whose fault is that? ;)

Truthfully, I would normally miss most afternoon weekend games because I'd be busy at youth hockey.  Of course tonight our game starts at 6:10pm... so I'll be home just after puck drop.

Bylsma quote: he's been looking to give Lehner a bigger workload and he sees this as an opportunity.

Outsmarting himself again.

Lehner has faced 208 shots in 10 days.

Murray: "Goober, I used a 1st round pick on this guy and my ego won't let me be wrong. Don't you dare think about starting the other guy who has equally impressive stats."

A win tonight puts us 3 points back of a playoff spot. We won yesterday and since this team is wildly inconsistent I'm expecting them to absolutely ###### the bed tonight.

Aside from that, I hope they shake that bug and come out strong. Disappointed you wont' see Miller in net tonight? Don't be! After the Sabres go up 4-0 midway through the 2nd he'll go in as relief and we'll all get a glimpse of the wtf miller wave in the 3rd.

Go SABRES.

He was pretty bad in Boston Saturday.

My power is out. "Estimted Restoration" is 9:30pm. That's obviously a shot in the dark (no pun intended) based on average restoration times. But I'm very antsy right now, hoping it's back up in time for the game.

Maybe the extra half hour before puck drop will be a blessing.

Jack and Kane are finding some chemistry. Sam is underrated.

Bailey has great speed, hope he can click with ROR on some give and go plays.

Foligno is back where he should be and strong on the forecheck.

Ennis needs to show some top 9 play.

Falk and Fedun have been good in their 5-6 slots.

Nilsson's time to shine

Let's go Buffalo.

By whom? He's 2nd on the team in scoring.

My power is out. "Estimted Restoration" is 9:30pm. That's obviously a shot in the dark (no pun intended) based on average restoration times. But I'm very antsy right now, hoping it's back up in time for the game.

Maybe the extra half hour before puck drop will be a blessing.

Can you watch it on your tablet?

By whom? He's 2nd on the team in scoring.

Can you watch it on your tablet?

I could stream on my phone, just might go through a lot of data. Power is back on though! It was out for an hour and a half, but came back shortly after I posted. Now to get the ATT system to reboot.

I saw the Canucks play in Boston yesterday. They'd have won, or at least gone to OT, but for two very soft goals given up by Ryan Miller. Too bad he's not playing tonight! He is far from an elite goalie any more - kind of sad to see.

A couple of observations from that game:

- Brandon Sutter is a stud. Strong on the puck and very heady

- Bo Horvat is the real deal

- The Sedins are still sublime

- Canucks power play was awful; totally out of sync, and it had nothing to do with the Bruins' PK

- Chris Tanev- meh. I don't understand all the calls to trade for him. Not physical and not a puck mover. He looked like JAG. To me, not worth giving up a lot for him.

Go Sabres! Gotta beat your 1970 sibling franchise

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.