GDT: Buffalo at Tampa Bay 7:30 pm ET, 1/12/2017

Doohickie

I HATE THIS TEAM.  I posted this on 12/29 when the Sabres blew a 2-goal lead on the Bruins.  Since the first of the year though..... not so much.  I actually like to watch the team.  They've captured 7 of 8 points in 2017 and just as importantly, they're playing inspired hockey.  Please, Sabres, don't take me back to I HATE THIS TEAM.  I love watching you now, don't ruin it!

The Sabres are getting healthy, while the Lightning are suffering from the injury bug.  Starting goalie Ben Bishop is out.  Several others are too, and TB is dipping into the AHL to fill out their roster (and no, their Peca and Dumont are not related to the former Sabres).  The Sabres know what that's like, they know how other teams can take advantage of a banged up roster, and now it's time to take it out on the Lightning.  Kick 'em while they're down, Sabres!  Also of note:  If we beat TB in regulation and push their losing streak to 5, we pass them in the standings.

32111608192_547f4383de_b.jpg  32259852595_388f9b208e_b.jpg

Likely starting goalies are Anders Nilsson and Andrei Vasilevskiy.

Doohickie's pick is Matt Moulson.  Look for Matty Mo to score a goal or three!

AP_918618212561.jpg

Edited by Doohickie

I HATE THIS TEAM.  I posted this on 12/29 when the Sabres blew a 2-goal lead on the Bruins.  Since the first of the year though..... not so much.  I actually like to watch the team.  They've captured 7 of 8 points in 2017 and just as importantly, they're playing inspired hockey.  Please, Sabres, don't take me back to I HATE THIS TEAM.  I love watching you now, don't ruin it!

The Sabres are getting healthy, while the Lightning are suffering from the injury bug.  Starting goalie Ben Bishop is out.  Several others are too, and TB is dipping into the AHL to fill out their roster (and no, their Peca and Dumont are not related to the former Sabres).  The Sabres know what that's like, they know how other teams can take advantage of a banged up roster, and now it's time to take it out on the Lightning.  Kick 'em while they're down, Sabres!  Also of note:  If we beat TB in regulation and push their losing streak to 5, we pass them in the standings.

31382461124_a6f9f8447b_b.jpg  32259852595_388f9b208e_b.jpg

Likely starting goalies are Anders Nilsson and Andrei Vasilevskiy.

Doohickie's pick is Matt Moulson.  Look for Matty Mo to score a goal or three!

AP_918618212561.jpg

Pretty certain that is NOT the Sabres' lineup. ;)

If he's coming off an injury I bet they give him the easier game which is us

i mean what is an 'easier' game? he still has to move like a goalie no matter who he plays. it's not like we shoot 45 mile an hour pucks directly into his glove from the blue line for 60 minutes. what i'm saying is that he's going to have to do more than a bubble hockey goalie. 

Edited by RonHextallsShoulderPads

. it's not like we shoot 45 mile an hour pucks directly into his glove from the blue line for 60 minutes.

Have you seen us play?  Sometimes the 45 MPH stomach shot is exactly what we do.  :(   Let's hope that our recent games are more indicative of the shot difficulties!

i mean what is an 'easier' game? he still has to move like a goalie no matter who he plays. it's not like we shoot 45 mile an hour pucks directly into his glove from the blue line for 60 minutes. what i'm saying is that he's going to have to do more than a bubble hockey goalie.

I think we can agree the Blue Jackets create more offense and challenging saves than the Sabres

Teams regularly gave us the backup because we were the easy win for the last few years ( well o.k. forever ). Hopefully it'll get to the point where we only ever face first stringers 

Must win !

For a while this season, we had a comfortably better record versus starters than vs backups.   I can't find the numbers at the moment though.

Hate them when they're losing, love them when they're winning. Got it. There's an easier way: hate them all the time.

Then why follow them?  I hate the Bruins all the time.  I hate the Flyers all the time.  I hate the Sens all the time.  The Sabres.... I want to love them all the time (but they just won't let me).

I think we can agree they have two #1 goalies, only difference one is paying paid more than the other. Doesn't really matter which one they play.

Vas is in a funk recently though.. 5-5-4-6 goals allowed over his last 4 games. And Bishop could conceivably come back pretty rusty. Earlier in the year, I'd agree that they have two #1s, pick your poison, it's gonna be tough. But the timing is right for this game and I'm actually optimistic no matter which goalie we get.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.