48 members have voted

1. 1. Ultimate hockey barn grub

• nachos
    • soft pretzel
    • pizza
    • peanuts
    • popcorn
    • other

Rochester has Beef on Weck, Southwest style burritos (like Moe's) , Philly steak, and of course garbage plates. They might rival a balogna sammich.

Moe's = Alpo

I do like the in-shell peanut. I'm also one of those weird people who likes to eat a few shell and all. Not too many, just a couple. That salt is just so good.

Love the fiber myself

BBQ Pulled Pork Nachos at the arena in Raleigh are good.

I'll be they are.  I lurvs me some pulled pork.  I know the Carolinas are ground zero for that.  It's making its way out here but I bet it's not as good as it is out east.

i played in a mens league that was at a rink with a legitimate restaurant. so you could accuse a guy of being a ****ing wussy on the ice and have a steak and jack daniels with him afterwards

Our fraternity chapter at RPI had (maybe they still do) an annual hockey game against the chapter of our frat at Clarkson.  My freshman year I rode over to the rink on the bus with the guys from Clarkson.  They stopped at Price Chopper for food.  One of the guys bought a steak and proceeded to eat it.... raw.... on the bus.  Those guys were nuts (and they usually beat us handily).

I'll have to research this when I go to the game in Dallas in a couple weeks.  I wonder what they have at the AAC.  (Last year I had something at Pira, a bar at the AAC.  It wasn't arena food, it was the restaurant's menu (apparently they have other locations).  I think it was nachos but I recall trying to stuff them in my mouth because it took forever to serve them.  I plan to get there earlier this year.

Edited by Doohickie

I do like the in-shell peanut. I'm also one of those weird people who likes to eat a few shell and all. Not too many, just a couple. That salt is just so good.

I'll eat a couple with shells too, oddly satisfying.

Is "Eat at Pearl Street before the game" an acceptable answer? Damn do I miss that place.

What happened to Pearl Street? I was there a few years ago but didn't eat. The beer there is good, but nothing memorable. The primary thing I remember was the awesome belt-drive fan system.

What happened to Pearl Street? I was there a few years ago but didn't eat. The beer there is good, but nothing memorable. The primary thing I remember was the awesome belt-drive fan system.

It's still there, the beer is still mediocre, and the food is too.  (Except the wings are pretty good.)

Oh nothing happened to Pearl Street. I just moved away from Buffalo. It used to be my go-to spot before games. Especially when there was free parking on Commercial and Perry, I'd park down there and swing through Pearl for some appetizers and a couple beers before each game I attended. Their beer wasn't the best around Buffalo, but there were a couple I enjoyed and were worth ordering each time. Beers were priced cheaply too. And I never had a meal I didn't like there. Very much enjoyed their food! Pizza, wings, steak bomber, nachos. I think their burgers are underwhelming, but the rest always hit the nail on the head for some pregame food.

And the setting is very cool. The pulley-system fans, two stories with balconies in the summer, all the hanging baskets. Hell, even the 5 foot tall urinals are neat haha. Just a neat place with a lot of memories for me. I never ate in the arena other than peanuts because of that place :)

i wasnt playing bc i was on vaca but i recall an active outdoor rink in austria with a bar you could skate up to and get what they called a jägertea but was really more like a hot long island ice tea coffee. twice the caffeine and five times the drunkenness. too bad it was just open skate that night but they did play hockey on it. woulda loved to see that eh

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.