2014 Sabres Tank Team had more wins thru end of December than this team

matter2003

Let that sink in for a minute.

OK...now that it's sunk in, I don't care HOW many injuries this team has had.  There is ZERO, and I mean ZERO(and it should be negative) excuse for this. There is NO WAY possible that a team with the number of talented players this team has should EVER have that happen.  EVER.  That tank team would have been lucky to field a first line that would be better than our 3rd line currently.

I'm sick of watching this team blow leads because all they do is dump the puck out of he zone and try and play the equivalent of "prevent defense" in football.

I'm sick of watching Bylsma have no answers for anything.  

I'm sick of watching these guys leave players wide open on the power play for easy goals, which has led to the league's worst penalty killing.

I'm sick of watching a goalie who can't stop anything in the shootout and has one of the worst career save percentages in shootouts in NHL history, costing us at least 4-5 points already.

I'm sick of watching great chance after great chance not go in the net.  

I'm tired of this team underachieving to the point that one of the worst teams in NHL history had more wins through the first 3 months of the season than this one does.

It's inexcuseable, its pathetic and these guys should be utterly embarrassed.

Bylsma isn't getting through to this team, his system doesn't work, he wants to play not to lose instead of playing to win and its killing this team.  They are not built to play scared they are built to a wide open game and have the D get involved.  The strength of this team isn't playing defense.  

Edited by matter2003

It's disappointment really. There was anticipation of winning football games and being a good football team and this is just the culmination of the disappointment of that not being the case."...Bylsma comment on wrecks firing....could be talking about himself at this point

Apathy has replaced optimism for a large contingent of the loyal fan base, and this is so sad to see.

The Sabres will always be my team; they were on TV here and although I had nothing really pressing to do, I didn't watch a minute.

I went to the gym and made much better use of my time.

WTF do Murray and Bylsma think they're doing, putting out a putrid product like this? Come on, Terry, keep on your roll and make it two HC firings in one week!

And another thing. Living among all of these obnoxious Boston sports fans, do you think for one minute they'd tolerate what we have to put up with? And they'd be right, for once!

C'mon, Buffalo brethren, rise up and be heard!

A tank team with Ted Nolan as coach post more wins through the end of the year than a far superior supposed 'rebuild' team?    Can't be - but it is.  The Tank team posted 14 wins through 12/31/14 - this year's team only has 13 wins.  

This sort of stat should be posted at every Buffalo media page and Sabres facebook page - I can't think of anything more damning against Dan Bylsma's lack of coaching skills and leadership than that! 

And someone needs to ask long term contract Tim Murray - where is that much faster than 5 year rebuild he spoke of?  

Apathy has replaced optimism for a large contingent of the loyal fan base, and this is so sad to see.

The Sabres will always be my team; they were on TV here and although I had nothing really pressing to do, I didn't watch a minute.

I went to the gym and made much better use of my time.

WTF do Murray and Bylsma think they're doing, putting out a putrid product like this? Come on, Terry, keep on your roll and make it two HC firings in one week!

And another thing. Living among all of these obnoxious Boston sports fans, do you think for one minute they'd tolerate what we have to put up with? And they'd be right, for once!

C'mon, Buffalo brethren, rise up and be heard!

Terry's predicament right now is a pretty good illustration of the peril of owning two teams. How much does the fact he just fired one coach influence his thoughts on firing a second one days later (or merely signing off), even if he knows it should happen?

The comparison between this season and the Hard Tank isn't entirely fair, IMO.  That team won a Game on 12/27 to go 14-19-3.  They were playing well over their heads to get to 31 points.   Didn't win again until February 3rd.  14 Straight losses. 

As pi says, still lots of hockey to be played.  Not that I have any hope whatsoever of this team making the playoffs, but some perspective on where they were helps (me, at least) comprehend where they are now. 

Can and should it be better?  Without a doubt.  This season is worse than the tank because, you know, expectations.  Hopefully GMTM is able to shift this thing up to the next gear.  I haven't ruled out the possibility that he can.  DDB can right off, though. 

The comparison between this season and the Hard Tank isn't entirely fair, IMO.  That team won a Game on 12/27 to go 14-19-3.  They were playing well over their heads to get to 31 points.   Didn't win again until February 3rd.  14 Straight losses. 

As pi says, still lots of hockey to be played.  Not that I have any hope whatsoever of this team making the playoffs, but some perspective on where they were helps (me, at least) comprehend where they are now. 

Can and should it be better?  Without a doubt.  This season is worse than the tank because, you know, expectations.  Hopefully GMTM is able to shift this thing up to the next gear.  I haven't ruled out the possibility that he can.  DDB can ###### right off, though. 

The point is that Ted Nolan got more out of his players who were designed to lose at least until new years. We could still lose 14 in a row going forward. Its pretty much unwatchable at this point. I would not spend money to see that product live. Center ice is a wash unfortunately because I've already blown that wad.

Can and should it be better?  Without a doubt.  This season is worse than the tank because, you know, expectations.  Hopefully GMTM is able to shift this thing up to the next gear.  I haven't ruled out the possibility that he can.  DDB can ###### right off, though. 

I DON'T CARE!!!!!  That team playing over its head should not have more wins than this team PERIOD!  It doesn't matter how many wins they had the rest of the year...that team sucked and sucked badly. They had maybe 1/3 of the talent this team does...its an embarassment that this team should even be mentioned in ANY category with that team, but sadly they are.  They simply need to expect more from themselves.

That team might have sucked but the one thing they did have is a freaking backbone tho...this team is softer than butter mentally.

Edited by matter2003

Last season SJ had 38 points on this date and ended the season with 98.

PIT had 40 and ended up with 104.

I know, BUF is no PIT or SJ, but there is a lot of hockey left.

A wonderfully optimistic view point - but without any changes to the roster, or to the coaching, it's more logical to think we'll see a continuance of the same from the first ~half of the season.    The losing streak against Boston, for example, has now continued for more than a calendar year.  

Edited by Jsixspd

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.